Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 16th July 2009, 19:30   #1
BHPian

Default Neo Alloys for scorpio

Hi guys,
Planning to buy a scorpio soon. Dont like the stock alloys on offer in the VLX model. Tried to look for aura alloys on the web but their seems to having some problem for as long as i can remember.
Neo wheels has some decent looking set of wheels. Here's the link Neo Wheels : Wheel Match[object+Object]&mySound2=[object+Object]&mySound3=[object+Object]&mySound4=[object+Object]&mySound5=[object+Object].

Need some advice.
(1) How are neo alloys? Any known problems?
(2) Every design is available in three finishes. Chrome, silver and black. The Neo wheels sales guy advised against going for the chrome ones, saying that they carry a warranty of only 6 months. Is the chrome finish prone to problems, or difficult to mantain? There should be no problem of rusting if its genuine alloys.
(3) The size on offer is 16X6.5. Scorpio stock tyres are 235/70 R16. 6.5 refers to the width of the wheels, is that right? whats the same figure for the stock tyres?

Regards in advance,
Cheers.
nvldvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 23:07   #2
BHPian

Neo makes or rather imports good alloys. The Claw design is my personal fave for the scorpio. Since you're in b'bay avoid the chrome finish. I have a pic of thier rally design in chrome which belonged to someone from b'bay. After 2 years it looked as if it had been in a bout of chemical warfare. 6.5 should be fine for the stock tyres, but why don't you consider an upgrade ??
WasavaTyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 23:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, why don't you look options other than Neo. You have HR, Apollo Acelere Wheelz, League, Konig with numerous designs and different finishes.

Although, Neo wheels are looking good on Scorpio. And Aura has stopped production, this was the latest I heard on Aura.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 12:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
6.5 should be fine for the stock tyres, but why don't you consider an upgrade ??
Is 6.5 the stock tyre size for scorpio? And in case i go in for 16X7/8 size alloys, i will have to upgarde my tyres as well, right?
Old 18th July 2009, 20:55   #5
BHPian

IIRC the stock rims are 6J and not 6.5. Yeah if you go in for 7J/8J rims do go in for fatter rubber.
Old 9th August 2009, 11:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Planning to buy a scorpio soon. Dont like the stock alloys on offer in the VLX model. Tried to look for aura alloys on the web but their seems to having some problem for as long as i can remember.
Mate,
Before changing the stock alloys, you might want to confirm with the service engineers if it may impact the Tyre-tronic gizmos in any adverse manner or not.

My 2 cents ....
forbhaskarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 19:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi guys,
Neo wheels has some decent looking set of wheels. Here's the link Neo Wheels : Wheel Match[object+Object]&mySound2=[object+Object]&mySound3=[object+Object]&mySound4=[object+Object]&mySound5=[object+Object].

Need some advice.
(1) How are neo alloys? Any known problems?
(2) Every design is available in three finishes. Chrome, silver and black. The Neo wheels sales guy advised against going for the chrome ones, saying that they carry a warranty of only 6 months. Is the chrome finish prone to problems, or difficult to mantain? There should be no problem of rusting if its genuine alloys.
(3) The size on offer is 16X6.5. Scorpio stock tyres are 235/70 R16. 6.5 refers to the width of the wheels, is that right? whats the same figure for the stock tyres?

Regards in advance,
Cheers.

Hi nvldvr,
If you are planning to buy Vx then its a problem. because Tyre pressure sensor of Scorpio are built in those alloys.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 21:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
If you are planning to buy Vx then its a problem. because Tyre pressure sensor of Scorpio are built in those alloys.
I'm going for SLE. No tyre prseesure sensors there, so no such prob.
Old 6th September 2009, 01:07   #9
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi nvldvr,
Tyre pressure monitors / sensors are not "built into" the alloys.. They're bolted onto the rims at the area where valve stem comes out. They can easily be removed and put onto another set of alloys.
Attached Images

Old 8th September 2009, 18:16   #10
NIP
Senior - BHPian

nldvr...did you buy the scorpio yet ?
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 12:07   #11
BHPian

Waiting for my loan to get sanctioned. Pretty soon i'm sure.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:22   #12
BHPian

Hi nvldvr,
Any update on your purchase? Do post photos when you buy.
Hoopoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 19:52   #13
BHPian

Will do that. Hopefully should be able to make the booking by 26th or so. Read your review. Had decided on SLE but even Lx doesnt seem like too bad a deal to me. You get almost everything for a lot less. 10 days to make up my mind.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:19   #14
BHPian

All the best. I guess I can plan a trip to Ladakh with you next year and be your host in Delhi :-)
Hoopoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 10:38   #15
BHPian

Thanx for the invite buddy. Game for the trip. Cheers.

Last edited by nvldvr : 18th September 2009 at 10:39. Reason: Misinterpretation of the above post