Team-BHP - Reg: alloy wheels from Maruti Accessories
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Reg: alloy wheels from Maruti Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/63102-reg-alloy-wheels-maruti-accessories.html)

Hello Bhpians,

Iam planning to take alloys wheels from the Maruti accessories for my new swift vdi. Are they ok ? company do not provide different variety of alloys. But only two models are available . I felt ok. But I want to know If I need to change tyres also, If I buy alloys from Maruti. will Maruti exclude the tyre price(which came along with the car), if want to go for some other tyres. And also I want to know will they buy off my rims which come with car when I change to alloys. Please suggest me.

Thanks,
Prabhu

Prabhu, First of all congratulations for the swift. Swift with alloys and puny 165's will look sad, i ll negate the whole effect of the alloys. So go for 185/70/R14's too.

Yes maruti will give you 185 tyres too at a price,but they will be horrible JK's. i dont know about they taking back the old tyres.

Why dont u enquire with a good tyre shop around your place and buy Michelin XM1+ or Yokohoma A drives in 185/70/R14 to compliment with the look for the tyres as well as give you brilliant grip levels.

They take back your original 165 tyres and give you around a 1000 bucks as buy back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 1420347)
Prabhu, First of all congratulations for the swift. Swift with alloys and puny 165's will look sad, i ll negate the whole effect of the alloys. So go for 185/70/R14's too.

Yes maruti will give you 185 tyres too at a price,but they will be horrible JK's. i dont know about they taking back the old tyres.

Why dont u enquire with a good tyre shop around your place and buy Michelin XM1+ or Yokohoma A drives in 185/70/R14 to compliment with the look for the tyres as well as give you brilliant grip levels.

They take back your original 165 tyres and give you around a 1000 bucks as buy back.

I agre 100%. If you are getting the alloys from Maruti, please upgrade your tyres as well. And not to the JKs. Get Michelin or Yokos.

Also, I would like to know how much they are charging. You might get a better deal if you buy the tyres and alloys in the outside market from a reputed tyre shop.

Prabhu, congrats first of all. I second Nikhil's suggestion to look at aftermarket alloy wheels. You can get your car's tyres+steel rims exchanged at a good price for a new set if you get them done immediately after the delivery.

Is there a specific reason why you want to source your alloys from Maruti? IMO you may be better off negotiating a deal with an external vendor on the alloys and tires with him taking back your old tires and rims for a decent price. Also, as rightly pointed out by our friends above, the aftermarket alloy wheels would give you more options to choose from.

Thanks a lot friends. I will try in the after market then

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhu (Post 1421823)
Thanks a lot friends. I will try in the after market then

clap:

Do post the pics of alloys shortlisted before you buy as many fakes are doing rounds of the Indian markets.

What's the price Maruti is quoting(for 4 alloys) ?

Maruthi is quoting 21500/- for 5 alloy wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhu (Post 1425550)

Bargain with them, they reduce the price. If you are talkin about the Maruti ZXI ones then i ll cost 19500 with the center 'S' suzuki logo.

Initially even i was told 21500 but i bargained and got it down.

ok. Sure I will do that. Did you go for 185/70/R14 - new tyres with alloys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhu (Post 1427507)
ok. Sure I will do that. Did you go for 185/70/R14 - new tyres with alloys.

Yes, Michelin XM1+ 185/70/R14 with the alloys, the alloys are sold now and now i have prestige 14 inch white alloys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhu (Post 1425550)

Some ZXi owners upgrade to better alloys. You may get the original ones at the tyre shop. I had seen a set of 5 at a tyre shop for 15K. The owner had upgraded to Lenso Alloys and Yokohama A-Drives.

Also I have decided to get new set of tyres for my Swift Vdi. Planning to get
Bridgestone - 185/70/R14. Is this a right decision ? Let me know if I need to consider
Michelin XM1.

Can any one let me know a reputed tyre shop or showroom (for Bridgestone and Michelin ) in Hyderabad ? Who actually does the balancing of the wheel also after changing the tyres. ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhu (Post 1433451)
Also I have decided to get new set of tyres for my Swift Vdi. Planning to get
Bridgestone - 185/70/R14. Is this a right decision ? Let me know if I need to consider
Michelin XM1.

Can any one let me know a reputed tyre shop or showroom (for Bridgestone and Michelin ) in Hyderabad ? Who actually does the balancing of the wheel also after changing the tyres. ?

I would say chose from Michelin XM1+ or Yokohoma A drives. U cannot go wrong with either of them.