Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 21st October 2009, 20:06   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
What size is he actually looking for , I am confused.
Didn't I say before? He's looking for his stock size 235/60/16.
Quote:
I will ask my tyre guy [if he has the tyre size or if he can get it]and let you know than your friend can come and check personally.
I hope your friend does not have any problem traveling to Mapusa.
That would be a real help. You check it out first and let me know. I'll tell him to contact you directly. Why traveling to Mapusa should be any problem? Actually I've no idea about that distance also. Is it too far from Taleigao?
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 22:05   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sir,
In that size, Yokohama Decibel V550 is available.
Note : Its not a SUV tire so expect more wear rate.
I specifically didnt mention that and the Conti CPC2. They are car tyres and they cannot take the weight of an SUV. The chances of the tyre developing a bulge are much much higher and the company wont even listen to any warranty claims because they dont recommend the tyre for SUVs.

Dont see pure load ratings for this. Trust the company who manufactured the tyre!

Rudraji, I hope your friend is not being offered Pirelli car tyres. Can you find out the model name?

PS: I can speak as an authority on this "car tyre for SUV" issue as we learnt this the hard way. Car involved was an X trail and a Yoko V550. Same size. 235/60 R16. 3 tyres developed bulges over the course of one year.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 22:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Taleigao, near Panjim.
His GV's OE size is 235/60/16.
Contact the Bridgestone dealer in Panaji, next to the old Legislative Assmebly Building - Adil Shah Palace, opposite Panaji Jetty. Its the corner shop.

He did say he might have Bridgestone Deuller tyres in that size or if not 235/70/16. If that's alright. The guy who runs the shop isn't in town presently.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 22:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

People are suggesting Bridgestone. It is ok only if the tyres are new which is highly unlikely. Please ask your friend to check the date of manufacture.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 01:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Sir, sorry for the late reply but is the query still open? One choice as mentioned is the Michelin and I can check if they have any stock (since Nikhil says no so its unlikely) and also I happen to know the chap who imports Pirelli's into India. Want me to get a quote from him direct including shipping to Goa?
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 18:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Didn't I say before? He's looking for his stock size 235/60/16.
That would be a real help. You check it out first and let me know. I'll tell him to contact you directly. Why traveling to Mapusa should be any problem? Actually I've no idea about that distance also. Is it too far from Taleigao?
There was talk of 235 than 225 , thats why. and there are people who do not like to travel. ditance is not much 15 Km only. I will find out the and let you know than he can check them directly.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote