Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 15th February 2014, 21:32   #91
BHPian

Default re: Tata Indigo Manza : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Hi Technomad! So hows your experience been with the 195x60? Im also planning an upgrade to this size
Hello Windiesel
I have driven around 800 odd kilometers after up-sizing to 195/60/R15 , sometimes with 4 adult persons and luggage in the boot ; And it runs absolutely fine , no issues with wheel arches being touched by the new larger tyres. You can go for 195/60 tyres without any worries , it should be fine.

The mechanic at the tyre shop informed that there's more space even after up-sizing to 195/60 , so much so that it can cover the next available up-size 205/60 tyres as well. though it may need a rim width replacement as it comes with 5.5j only. But for 195/60 , its just plug and play !!
TechNomad is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 16:13   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNomad View Post
Hello Windiesel
I have driven around 800 odd kilometers after up-sizing to 195/60/R15 , sometimes with 4 adult persons and luggage in the boot ; And it runs absolutely fine , no issues with wheel arches being touched by the new larger tyres. You can go for 195/60 tyres without any worries , it should be fine.

The mechanic at the tyre shop informed that there's more space even after up-sizing to 195/60 , so much so that it can cover the next available up-size 205/60 tyres as well. though it may need a rim width replacement as it comes with 5.5j only. But for 195/60 , its just plug and play !!
Thanks Technomad for your useful and timely input. I shall indeed go in for 195x60R15 only. I'll probably be getting apollo acceleres as they are good VFM, getting 4 for 18.5K. amit singla has also been using them for some time and he is happy with them.
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 21:13   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
I'll probably be getting apollo acceleres as they are good VFM, getting 4 for 18.5K.
My Manza came with Apollo Acelere as OEM and they lasted about 32.5 K.
I think Acelere rubber compound is harder than Bridgestone Potenza. The significant difference I have noticed, after change, is the plusher ride , and somewhat less tyre noise. I also noticed Acelere tyres started losing the treads from around 23K+ , need to watch that factor for Potenza !
Other factors like road grip feels same . Yes its VFM and at least 3K less than Potenza.
TechNomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 22:21   #94
BHPian

Quote:
My Manza came with Apollo Acelere as OEM and they lasted about 32.5 K.
I think Acelere rubber compound is harder than Bridgestone Potenza. The significant difference I have noticed, after change, is the plusher ride , and somewhat less tyre noise. I also noticed Acelere tyres started losing the treads from around 23K+ , need to watch that factor for Potenza !
Other factors like road grip feels same . Yes its VFM and at least 3K less than Potenza.
Another option at a similar pricepoint is MRF Zlo, any experience with them?
Old 23rd February 2014, 21:55   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Another option at a similar pricepoint is MRF Zlo, any experience with them?

Hello Windiesel
While researching before the upgrade , I checked with local MRF shop near my place and surprisingly the price quoted by them for MRF ZLO (195/60 R15) was way ahead than acelere , or bridgestone. In fact they quoted 5.5K apiece if i recall correctly , and they did not offer any buyback for older tyres either !!

So I checked on MRF ZLO in the Net a little bit more , and what I found , made me think that the MRF ZLO / OR Apollo Acelere , will not make much difference for all practical purposes (assuming your usage is mostly city and highway , no off-roading etc. ) except that the MRF Rubber compound is harder and will probably last longer on an average. Not sure about the treads though.

If you haven't taken the plunge yet , I suggest you take a look at Bridgestone Potenza ! I have changed to this tyre recently , and so far the experience is better than Acelere.
TechNomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 18:16   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Windiesel
While researching before the upgrade , I checked with local MRF shop near my place and surprisingly the price quoted by them for MRF ZLO (195/60 R15) was way ahead than acelere , or bridgestone. In fact they quoted 5.5K apiece if i recall correctly , and they did not offer any buyback for older tyres either !!

So I checked on MRF ZLO in the Net a little bit more , and what I found , made me think that the MRF ZLO / OR Apollo Acelere , will not make much difference for all practical purposes (assuming your usage is mostly city and highway , no off-roading etc. ) except that the MRF Rubber compound is harder and will probably last longer on an average. Not sure about the treads though.

If you haven't taken the plunge yet , I suggest you take a look at Bridgestone Potenza ! I have changed to this tyre recently , and so far the experience is better than Acelere.
Sure I'll have a look at Potenzas. BTW in http://www.tyreonwheels.com/car/tyre.../5/New%20Delhi Zlos are selling cheaper than acceleres and i'm tempted to go for them! Potenzas are also of various types..which ones did you fit? Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by windiesel : 25th February 2014 at 18:22.
Old 25th August 2014, 12:55   #97
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a Diesel Manza that has run 96K kms. Had changed from stock tyres to Yokohama A drive 195/60 R15 at 75 K kms. But due to some alignment problem at around 80K kms the treads on two of the tyres have weared off completely. After the alignment it is OK tread wearing has stopped. But the two tyres that had weared off are frequently getting punctured.

So now i am planning to change only two of the tyres . Need a suggestion on should i be going to the same A drive tyres or can i change 2 of the tyres to any other brand but keeping the specs same 195/60 R15

And I have got a quote of around 4.9k for A drive anyone using the same can please confirm on the price
Akhil@Bengaluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 13:33   #98
BHPian

Hi All. This query is for my uncle's Manza. It's time to replace the original Bridgestones as they're now wearing out. From my general understanding after reading the various tyre threads it appears that the Bridgestones are the toughest tyres around. That is the primary consideration as both my uncle and his driver are getting on in years and hence need tough trouble free tyres. Of course, then the next consideration is ride comfort and silence. So, assuming I've deduced correctly so far, the replacements will have to be Bridgestones.
The question now is .. Which Bridgestones ?
Turanza , ER60, AR 90 ..... ???
There will be no upsizing. The original size will be maintained.
Experts please advise. Thanks.

Last edited by revvhed : 28th January 2015 at 13:35.
revvhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 14:04   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Hi All. This query is for my uncle's Manza. It's time to replace the original Bridgestones as they're now wearing out. From my general understanding after reading the various tyre threads it appears that the Bridgestones are the toughest tyres around. That is the primary consideration as both my uncle and his driver are getting on in years and hence need tough trouble free tyres. Of course, then the next consideration is ride comfort and silence. So, assuming I've deduced correctly so far, the replacements will have to be Bridgestones.
The question now is .. Which Bridgestones ?
Turanza , ER60, AR 90 ..... ???
There will be no upsizing. The original size will be maintained.
Experts please advise. Thanks.
AR20 is not available in OEM size of 185/60/15 for Manza. I would suggest you a mild upsize to 195/60/15 in AR20. I have it on my Manza for last 3000 kms and I am happy with the choice. One, it improves the stance of the car by filling up the wheel well. Two, GC improves a bit which reduces the chances of lousy rear suspension bottoming out on large humps under full load. There is no noticeable impact on fuel efficiency. Also, AR20 has a sporty tread design (similar to MY02) and is a modern tyre as compared to ER300/ER60.
mahesh_sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 19:59   #100
BHPian

Thanks to this thread !

Thank you everyone for all the valuable inputs.

Finally got new shoes for my Manza.
Pics + Details in my ownership thread here (Celebrate Eleganza - Tata Manza Elan Quadrajet Celebration Edition !).
Dr.Suraj is offline   Reply With Quote