Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 10:46   #586
BHPian
 
UniqueMods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 308
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2010 at 15:48.
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 24th August 2010, 22:40   #587
Senior - BHPian
 
tsk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 278 Times
Default

Go for Yoko A539 in 175/60 R13. Low on noise with superb grip on all types of surfaces makes it a good contender. I'm using it on my Xing for the past 10k Kms/ 1 year.

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2010 at 15:48. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 23:01   #588
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
I am running Bridgestone Potenza GIII 175/60/R13 from the day i bought the car and have done 30000 km. It will be time to change in mabye in 5000km. Iam a totally satisfied customer of GIII.

What is the recommended tyre in todays market in 175/60/r13? new launches? better than GIII ? or should i put another 4 GIII's ?
Running on 5j alloys.

I would prefer the same grip level as the GIII 175, and not more noiser. GIII is not a silent tyre but i have go used to its noise level.

Advice Please.

UM
Get the 175/60-13 Yoko A539. Best tire available right now in that size.
Comfortable, Grippy and not so noisy tire with a very unique thread pattern.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 18:46   #589
BHPian
 
UniqueMods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 308
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Go for Yoko A539 in 175/60 R13. Low on noise with superb grip on all types of surfaces makes it a good contender. I'm using it on my Xing for the past 10k Kms/ 1 year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Get the 175/60-13 Yoko A539. Best tire available right now in that size.
Comfortable, Grippy and not so noisy tire with a very unique thread pattern.
Thanks. will check out Yoko A539
One more query - please also advice on expected cost / tire.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 10:09   #590
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Santro tyre replaced

Hello All,
Wanted to give a quick update on my 2004 Santro tyre replacement.

After lot of deliberation between 165/65 vs stock 155/70, I went for stock size. Replaced stone-age MRF with Michellin XM1+ on standard rims.

Can feel a definite improvement in comfort (on bad patches) and reduction in noise. But didnt get perceivable change in grip levels. Have to check that out when I go for long ride this weekend.

Did the job at Sai Iyengar, Indiranagar. As usual Ashwin was helpful with few tips and stuff... and the boys did a good, clean and fast job.
Cost: Rs.11,800 for 4
Also got Samsung Guru phone free worth; about 1500. I didnt know about this offer to begin with!!

BTW, I didnt change the spare tyre. Instead spent the money on electrical air pump (about Rs.2500)

cheers,
Rajiv
rajiv0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 10:41   #591
BHPian
 
inder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: nagpur
Posts: 284
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Can anyone provide me the contact details of Yokohama india or their website.I had changed my stock santro tyres last year to yokohama 165/65/13. And after ~12k Km the front tyres are spoilt.I can see steel/metal threads on both the front tyres on the inside.What might be the problem,I am going to the tyre dealer today.
P.S: I have also posted on the thread "A-drive reviews"

Last edited by inder : 27th August 2010 at 10:42.
inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 12:39   #592
BHPian
 
UniqueMods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 308
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Can anyone provide me the contact details of Yokohama india or their website.I had changed my stock santro tyres last year to yokohama 165/65/13. And after ~12k Km the front tyres are spoilt.I can see steel/metal threads on both the front tyres on the inside.What might be the problem,I am going to the tyre dealer today.
P.S: I have also posted on the thread "A-drive reviews"
steel threads, IMO this happens after extensive use after 50k km.
please check your wheel alignment and replace your worn out tires asap.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 12:58   #593
BHPian
 
swapnil.rahate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hi Guys,

I am planning to change tires of my santro XL done 35k kms on stock MRF tires and after reading a lot of reviews i think that 165/65/r13 is the most recommended upsize. I plan to put the tires on stock rims only.

The tires i am looking out for are
1. Michelin XM1+
2. Yokohoma A drives.

Does anybody have any idea of the prices of these tires in Mumbai and can recommend a good tire shop?
swapnil.rahate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 14:43   #594
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,825
Thanked: 4,800 Times
Default

165/65 R13 will reduce the ride quality. Also, on 4j rims, I wouldnt recommend 165/65 R13. It needs a minimum of 4.5j rims.

Get 155/70 R13 in Yoko A drive or Michelin XM1+.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 18:13   #595
BHPian
 
swapnil.rahate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv0 View Post
Hello All,
Wanted to give a quick update on my 2004 Santro tyre replacement.

After lot of deliberation between 165/65 vs stock 155/70, I went for stock size. Replaced stone-age MRF with Michellin XM1+ on standard rims.

Can feel a definite improvement in comfort (on bad patches) and reduction in noise. But didnt get perceivable change in grip levels. Have to check that out when I go for long ride this weekend.

Did the job at Sai Iyengar, Indiranagar. As usual Ashwin was helpful with few tips and stuff... and the boys did a good, clean and fast job.
Cost: Rs.11,800 for 4
Also got Samsung Guru phone free worth; about 1500. I didnt know about this offer to begin with!!

BTW, I didnt change the spare tyre. Instead spent the money on electrical air pump (about Rs.2500)

cheers,
Rajiv
Hows the drive?Any issues with mounting the tires on stock rim?
swapnil.rahate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 18:16   #596
BHPian
 
swapnil.rahate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
165/65 R13 will reduce the ride quality. Also, on 4j rims, I wouldnt recommend 165/65 R13. It needs a minimum of 4.5j rims.

Get 155/70 R13 in Yoko A drive or Michelin XM1+.
Thanks for the reply..

There are lot of thread of using the stock rims for tubeless tires some people have even used a 175mm tires on stock wheel. What can be the issues of using stock rims instead of alloys? even swift comes with tubeless tires on steel rims.
swapnil.rahate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 22:37   #597
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
?Any issues with mounting the tires on stock rim?
There's no issue in mounting them on stock rims. Just make sure that the rims are not bruised and battered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
There are lot of thread of using the stock rims for tubeless tires some people have even used a 175mm tires on stock wheel. What can be the issues of using stock rims instead of alloys? even swift comes with tubeless tires on steel rims.
Steel rims is not a problem, Width of the rim is.
In case of Santro the stock rim width is 4j which is less than the min. required width for a 165/65 tire, which is 4.5j.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 14:32   #598
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 3 Times
Default tyres on stock rim

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
Hows the drive?
1. Coming from stock MRF to XM1, the ride quality (cushioning) has improved tremendously (I feel a lot less bumps even though the roads have gotten worse after recent rains).
2. Also I did a quick trip to Tirupathi and back (~500Km) and the tire noise at higher speed has reduced considerably.
3. Didnt see much difference in handling though (but then I chose stock size).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
Any issues with mounting the tires on stock rim?
Absolutely none, provided your stock rims are in good shape. I got mine checked thoroughly for bends, then got the insides a cleaned up.
If they are not in good shape, you can consider buying new set of rims. Costs about Rs.850~950 at dealer (works out cheaper than alloy for sure).

Hope it helps...

BTW, I paid 11,800 for 4 XM1, here in blore. So prices should be similar or may be a bit cheaper in Mumbai(??)

Cheers
Rajiv
rajiv0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 01:57   #599
CCP
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default Wheels For My Santro

Guy's I need help in deciding wheels for my santro. Please find the wheels pics attached
Attached Thumbnails
Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-1103.jpg  

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-8021.jpg  

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-9608.jpg  

Upgrading wheels/tyres on Santro-momo1.jpg  

CCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 03:16   #600
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,055 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCP View Post
Guy's I need help in deciding wheels for my santro. Please find the wheels pics attached
What color is your ride?. If you could post a pic of your ride, it would be more easy to select the right choice of wheels.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheels & Tyres : Speed Tyres (Kochi) Soccerfan Other Cities 11 27th March 2015 12:36
Upgrading from santro - clash of the titans - Innova vs Safari Makesh What Car? 46 15th January 2010 14:55
One question about tyres of Old Santro and New Santro Xing DDGuy Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 5 12th November 2008 13:35
Santro Limited Edition alloy wheels and tyres for sale: Sankar Shifting gears 3 23rd July 2007 16:20
upgrading tyres and alloys for swift vxi in chennai ravisak Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 8 9th September 2006 20:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks