Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 9th August 2007, 18:59   #61
BHPian

I have these on my car for almost 2 years now. I have found these to be handy at times though it is a pain to remove the check nut with the tiny spanner everytime we have to fill up.

I run on a slightly lower profile and a 4-8 PSI loss does not show up visibly (tyre height.. I mean). Good thing I have the checkers on so if the pressure goes down by 6-8 PSI, the yellow begins to show.

Peter, I know it is supposed to work at 4 PSI loss, but I think it is more like 8-10 loss when it actually starts working. So may be I should get the ones calibrated for 30/32 PSI when I normally inflate my tyres to 28PSI.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 19:25   #62
BHPian

[quote=ajmat;527233]It did not show as I unscrewed the AC's to check the pressue
4psi is a lot IMHO - it means that my Swift loses 10% in fuel consumption

[quote] It is in any case not a perfect pressure gauge. It is just an indication of the rough pressure and should be used only for that.
Quote:

I think we need to agree to disagree. For people who expect precision, this is not for some of us. I think the expectation was that it was an accurate device. This is fine for my parents/ in laws, where I am going to fit them on!

Well, World War 2 depended on these for aeronautical instrumentation, as also early fuel injected cars that ran amazingly well.
Depends on how you look at it. And i fully agree that it is not for people who expect precision pressure readings from a 595 rupee mechanical unit. You need to get electronic Pressure Monitoring System's that are available for around 25 times the price.

These units are meant ONLY to give you a rough idea of what your pressure is and not the exact reading which most of us dont need.

It works perfectly for most of us but we also agree that there could be some that malfunction but then again we are offering you a replacement warranty. That is a lot for the 595 you have paid and definetly worth the money for a lot of us.

oops and world war II machinery. Neither of us know what materials were used then and in any case it would not be such a cheap mechanical part running their aeronautical instrumentation and automobiles and I am sure the manufacturers would be able to give you an Airchecker that is precise to even 1 pSi but at what price????

Just to clarify to all the Pete's Aircheckers are not Pressure gauges and will not show you the tyre pressure. It just lets you know whether you are in the right limit. The yellow band starts to show only if you loose around 4 psi and the same for the red.

If any of you guys have faulty ones please feel free to send them to us and we'll have the replacements at your doorstep.

Sorry for the confusion.
turboindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 12:11   #63
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Pete

I think that's a fair reply!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 14:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hi Turboindia

I would like to try these on my Indica old model. with 32 psi front and 30psi rear. Once happy I will buy them for my new car planned for next month or so

Does it works for old models like mine Indica 2002 March model?
Where can I buy them in Gurgaon?
What will be the price for two 32 psi and two 30 psi?
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 17:21   #65
Senior - BHPian

Smile Any Update

This topic is idle for long.

Could any one please provide further / latest feedback on these Automatic airpressure indicators?

Thank You
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 21:59   #66
BHPian

i had bought these for Rs 260 a pair after discount for a friends honda city and for another indica. They are basic stuff with colored plastic rings. They do work but it feels sad when somebody steals them.. They are expensive after all.

moreover u have to be cautious at petrol pump for 2 things:

1.) The guy does not understand that they are expensive and have a purpose. So thinking it to be a usual cap, they dont fix them back at all. And u cant be runnig around all four wheels every time u get air done in ur car.

2.) U need different number caps for front and rear wheel because of different psi requirements. The guy will mix them up and then they dont do any good...
rajismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 22:24   #67
BHPian

Have been using 3sets on different cars - Audi A4, Skoda RS and Honda Civic.

It's been almost 1.5 years and they work fine on all the above mentioned 3 cars.
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 20:44   #68
BHPian

I am using the air checkers on my Laura, Accent and Fiesta. And each one is working fine.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 11:28   #69
BHPian

Default Re: Aircheckers by Petes- Show tyre pressure by valve cap

Where can i get one of these in Chennai now?
razorBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 23:20   #70
BHPian

Default Interesting concept: RightPSI

Hello Guys

Upfront disclaimer: I have no relation with these guys but I am always interested in new tech and keep a watch out on kickstarter (n similar sites).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...re-at-a-glance

Supposedly, a low tire pressure is indicated by a change in the color but only works on Schrader valve.

Anyway interesting concept but I guess in India, it would be stolen too quickly?
Kris_risk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 10:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Interesting concept: RightPSI

Nothing new in this; similar products are already available in the market for several years. In fact, you can buy Air Checkers at Pete's:

http://www.petes.in/air.html
sandeepmdas is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 12:53   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

A major plus of this new Right PSI device is you don't have to remove the thing to air up the tyre. Its a hassle during fillup with Petes Aircheckes and the likes. With right PSI you can air up through the device. I wish they make it more streamlined with less bulk.

http://rightpsi.com/the-product/
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2015, 15:33   #73
BHPian

Default Re: Aircheckers by Petes- Show tyre pressure by valve cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
A major plus of this new Right PSI device is you don't have to remove the thing to air up the tyre. Its a hassle during fillup with Petes Aircheckes and the likes. With right PSI you can air up through the device. I wish they make it more streamlined with less bulk.

http://rightpsi.com/the-product/
I came across this when I was looking for a fill-through indicator http://www.hotrod.com/news/1306-sema-tech-guide-part-2/
Approx $25/set of 4 (or about Rs. 1700 for the set of four) vs the about Rs 500 for the locally available ones.
(Left Pic )- RightPSI.

I was wondering if something like this T-connector (from AWTI) was available on the cheap here ($10 ea. is expensive!).

--
Attached Images

mvadg is offline   Reply With Quote