Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 16th September 2014, 13:21   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Yokohama C drive (now in a wider range of sizes)

One of the ertiga's c-drive got cut and had to be replaced. tyre empire hsr layout is not having it in stock.
Is there any other place to check out for in koramangala/marathalli area?
Planning to drive down to ooty, this week end. need to get this fixed before.
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 14:51   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
One of the ertiga's c-drive got cut and had to be replaced. tyre empire hsr layout is not having it in stock.
Is there any other place to check out for in koramangala/marathalli area?
Planning to drive down to ooty, this week end. need to get this fixed before.
Check with SLNP Pitt Stop near Tubarahalli, very close to Marathalli. He is a authorized retailer for Yoko's. Address and contact can be found in the TBHP directory.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 08:52   #183
BHPian

Based on my reading of this thread, I presume the sidewalls of the C-Drives are not very rigid/durable?
I need to replace my Aceleres that never developed a sidewall tear or bulge on bad roads and potholes.

(Cross-posting from the A-Drives thread)
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 09:38   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Based on my reading of this thread, I presume the sidewalls of the C-Drives are not very rigid/durable?
I need to replace my Aceleres that never developed a sidewall tear or bulge on bad roads and potholes.

(Cross-posting from the A-Drives thread)
Not really.. I've been using them for about 27k kms and haven't had any bad instances to report. Some of those miles were on rough monsoon wrecked roads. I quite like them and would suggest you get more opinions.

You can also try continental cpc2 but those got real hard over time and were comfortable.
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 09:46   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
Not really.. I've been using them for about 27k kms and haven't had any bad instances to report. Some of those miles were on rough monsoon wrecked roads. I quite like them and would suggest you get more opinions.

You can also try continental cpc2 but those got real hard over time and were comfortable.
How many km more do you think your C-Drives will last?
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 09:51   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
How many km more do you think your C-Drives will last?
At least another 12-15k kms. This is a 205/65/R15 on a stock Honda Civic.
flipsyde is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 23:46   #187

Nikhil, read several of your threads and posts!

i plan to drop by Madhu's tomorrow to get 4 new tyres for the Innova. Kindly recommend the right tyre, size and a fair price. You had previously indicated that Yokohama C drive is an optimal tyre upgrade for the Innova, which presently runs on Bridgestones. You may reach me on Subramanian 98454 72747
ksubram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2015, 15:59   #188

Nikhil, am in your store (not the first time of course) And it's been a positive experience so far.( again not a first )

Mohsin has been very attentive and patiently answered all my questions on tyre options. He suggested Yokohama Earth1 in 225/60/15 config and they're being installed currently. Hope the driving experience is as good as the buying experience. I'll post you an update after driving for a couple of 1000kms.

Subram
ksubram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 10:22   #189
BHPian

Default Yokohama C drive - no longer in production?

I have 185/65 R 14 C drive on my Palio - fitted about two years ago. Less than 10000 kms.

Had my first puncture last month - that too on a side wall (thanks to some off roading through sugarcane fields...). A thorn got embedded on the side wall - it was a small one, but enough to go through the side wall.

Anyway, did not want to risk driving around with a repaired sidewall.

Getting new one proved to be difficult (in Pune) - luckily managed to get the same size C drive. Price was Rs. 4,400/-. Punctured tyre went into the boot as a spare. The new one went to the rear (as per dealer's advice - from the point of wear difference being noticeable more in the front ones. He added that the punctured tyre can be used after repair - but there will be a slow leak over a fortnight and needs to be kept an eye on)

Dealer reported that the C drive production is stopped and he hasn't been receiving supplies since last six months. The mfg date was March 2014.

Last edited by vrprabhu : 6th April 2015 at 10:26. Reason: grammatical errors
vrprabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2015, 07:57   #190
BHPian

The C-Drives on my Skoda Rapid are now at 33,000 km. It would last a max of 5k more. The life is definitely less, however the quality of ride has been great. Planning to change to new tires in couple of months - any suggestions?
kiranknair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 17:34   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksubram View Post
He suggested Yokohama Earth1 in 225/60/15 config and they're being installed currently. Hope the driving experience is as good as the buying experience. I'll post you an update after driving for a couple of 1000kms.
Hi Subram,

Curious about your experience with Earth1 225/60/R15 tyres. Any updates? Also, in your previous post you indicated going for C-Drive. What prompted the change? Price? Availability? Features?

Thank you.

D
dhuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 22:16   #192

Hello Dhuli,

Apologies for not responding sooner.

Yokohama Earth 1 Tyres clearly EXCEEDED my expectations. I'm unable to distinguish how much it is down to new-tire-wow versus the tyres themselves.

I dropped the C-Drive option after reading about several Team-BHPian concerns on potential side-wall damage. Where i live the roads are rutted and tiny rocks that cut tyres are aplenty. So settled for Earth 1.

To be fair, the Tyres have resulted in significant improvement in ride, reduced harshness over rough surfaces, have superb wet weather grip and lower tyre noise as well. High speed stability and confidence have increased. Top speed has gone down, or rather accelerating to top speed takes longer. Fuel Consumption has clearly increased by 10-12 % Yet, very pleased overall.
ksubram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 18:33   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksubram View Post
Yokohama Earth 1 Tyres clearly EXCEEDED my expectations.

I dropped the C-Drive option after reading about several Team-BHPian concerns on potential side-wall damage. Where i live the roads are rutted and tiny rocks that cut tyres are aplenty. So settled for Earth 1.

To be fair, the Tyres have resulted in significant improvement in ride, reduced harshness over rough surfaces, have superb wet weather grip and lower tyre noise as well. High speed stability and confidence have increased. Top speed has gone down, or rather accelerating to top speed takes longer. Fuel Consumption has clearly increased by 10-12 % Yet, very pleased overall.
Wanted to thank you for your detailed review of Earth1 and also wanted to share my experience with new tyres - I did choose Bridgestone ER60 over Michelin XM2, Continental PremiumContact2, Yokohama Earth1. Here is my brief post (Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)on the Toyota thread
dhuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 20:16   #194
P76
BHPian

Has any body tried 205/70 r15 tyres for the Innova? Yokohama has the Geolander H/T in that size, and I am interested in upgrading to that size given the potholed roads I frequent.
The load rating is 96H, similar to the OEM spec. I opine that the added profile would give added cushioning and higher ground clearance, although the negative being poorer handling.
I have noted that Innova users in Indonesia, Thailand prefer these higher profile tyres.
Waiting for your valuable thoughts
P76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 15:34   #195
BHPian

Are C-drives still available with a recent manufacturing date? They seem to have disappeared from Yokohama India's website.

I got a set of four ISI marked tyres last year, but I was told they may not be available in future. I am wondering if they are discontinued for good, in India.
halfbytecode is offline   Reply With Quote