Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th December 2009, 10:28   #1
BHPian

Default Tyres for Dukkar

guys i own a 53 Dukkar fiat
i'm looking for 5 tyres and i don't know the size etc as its all worn out.

i need tyres ASAP as i'm starting restoration on in in Jan.
i'm in mumbai and i've scouted a lot of places looking for new tyres and not remoulds.

can experts add some lead into this.
jubin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 11:18   #2
BHPian

Dear Jubin- 5.20*14 crossply is size to go for. its just the same as premier padminis. The ideal tyre would be the Ceat safety drive, hard to find but consider yourself if you get one. White wall are available in safety drive and MRF, you can opt for them if you find them.
As for radials, they are not advised but the ones used for swift lxi can be used.
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 11:46   #3
BANNED

Ceat Safety Drive White Walls!! HAHAHAHA!! You must be joking!! I havent seen those in years now. Jubin, Good to see you online after so long BTW. I shall keep a lookout for tyres for you and let you know.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 13:24   #4
BHPian

thanks kavesh
any ideas where to find them ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Dear Jubin- 5.20*14 crossply is size to go for. its just the same as premier padminis. The ideal tyre would be the Ceat safety drive, hard to find but consider yourself if you get one. White wall are available in safety drive and MRF, you can opt for them if you find them.
As for radials, they are not advised but the ones used for swift lxi can be used.
Old 25th December 2009, 13:26   #5
BHPian

hey cyrus
yeah i'm online after a long time. too tied up in social and work commitments u see.
i'm restoring my car i've reconditioned the engine only the body work and interior work is pending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ceat Safety Drive White Walls!! HAHAHAHA!! You must be joking!! I havent seen those in years now. Jubin, Good to see you online after so long BTW. I shall keep a lookout for tyres for you and let you know.