Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 9th February 2010, 21:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulpj View Post
Still struggling.. As someone said in this forum that.. its a waste of time and money.. but I would like to break the nexus between these tyre dealers and engineers and bad customer support..
Atulpj, you will find it tough to get any tyre manufacture to replace tyres under warranty. Michelin tops the list.

It is a simple fact of life, these tyres are very good and made for comfort and grip. BUT unlike Indian brands they have their own set of issues when used on Indian roads.

What you experienced with the Michelin reps was what I call a 'tick in the box' exercise designed to pacify the managers/superiors that you had emailed.

I wouldnt have much hope if I were you.

Rgds,
R2D2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 22:22   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Atulpj, I can understand and sympathise with your frustration. Usually Michelin is quick to respond to complaints. I suggest you mail the top guys again with the response of their team. It has been very slow. Trust me, some action will be taken.

However, please dont assume there is a "nexus between tyre dealers and engineers". That is just bogus and sounds like some far fetched conspiracy theory.

The tyre dealer has nothing to gain or lose. In fact, he would be pushing the company for a replacement. This is mainly because he is the person in front. If you buy a Michelin tyre from tyre Dealer X, then if there is a problem with the tyre, you will also hold Tyre Dealer X responsible. All Tyre dealers are aware of this and always hope to give replacements to their customers.

So, while I can understand how upset you must be feeling, please dont make ridiculous assumptions like that.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 15:33   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

So, while I can understand how upset you must be feeling, please dont make ridiculous assumptions like that.
I just came across this thread and I just wanted to comment on above. BK Tyres New Delhi, cheated me on my deal for Michelin tyres couple of weeks ago and here is what I got as an response when I tried to reach Shantanu who is a senior Michelin exec in India , he did not take my call and responded very negatively while replying to my SMS. He was of the opinion that my voice doesnt counts and Michelin and it's dealers are GODS.

I feel pathetic for Michelin's response to its customers in india and now to top it off dealers like BK tyres are cheating customers.

I have already decided that no matter how better the Michelin tyres are, these were my last Michelin purchase.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 15:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
It is plain simple guys, if you need rugged & long lasting tyres, please buy MRF / JK tyres.

If you need comfort, grip etc, go for Michelin / Yokohama, but you can't abuse these tyres especially on bad roads, you need to be gentle with them!
And if you take care of your tyres (like doing WB/WR/WA every 5-6K kms, maintain proper tyre pressure), tyres will definitly perform & last long.
Could you please add Bridgestone to this good tyre list. Mine have run for 45K, look good for many more, and you should see the condition of the tyres to consider adding to this list. Replacement over the next 10-15 K would be out of want rather than need.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 15:54   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I just came across this thread and I just wanted to comment on above. BK Tyres New Delhi, cheated me on my deal for Michelin tyres couple of weeks ago and here is what I got as an response when I tried to reach Shantanu who is a senior Michelin exec in India , he did not take my call and responded very negatively while replying to my SMS. He was of the opinion that my voice doesnt counts and Michelin and it's dealers are GODS.

I feel pathetic for Michelin's response to its customers in india and now to top it off dealers like BK tyres are cheating customers.

I have already decided that no matter how better the Michelin tyres are, these were my last Michelin purchase.
Could you give more details about your experience? How did they cheat you?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 16:22   #81

Default More complaints about the Michelin Tyres

I posted the message to a wider forums - on the other sites as well and checking if this a common issue with Michelin tyres and came across lot of consumer complaint which people had posted.

Surprisingly most of the complaints are from Pune and around Pune. Would request Michelin (If they have someone who reads the Team-BHP and track opinion about MIchelin) to look into the lot which they sent to India from Thailand.. (Jus for reader's information.batch of tyres from which I bought the tyres came from Thailand - dont know if this leads to another Toyoto or Honda recall)

Do know if Mod approves this link... the person faced the similar issue..

MICHELIN TYRES Complaints - very bad quality and service
atulpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 23:22   #82
BHPian

My Michelin tyre developed a bulge on the side wall after 30,000 kms last week. I changed all the 4 tyres, went with Michelin again. I like it, the ride is sweet.

Seems like bulging of Michelin is not a rare case. I really hope the new ones stay good for a while at least.
idofsuresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 22:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

Rishi Kapoor, further information on your experience is required considering BK Tyres, who has reputation par excellence in Delhi NCR is involved. No dealer whether selling Michelin/ Yoko/ MRF/ Ceat etc. is God, it's just the customer who brings name to the efforts of the dealer irrespective of the brand(s) the dealer is associated with. The Michelin Exec seems to be a Skoda seasoned employee, arrogant.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote