Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 9th August 2017, 13:06   #361
BHPian

Default Re: Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here

Recent got alignment and balancing done for two of my cars, cars in question are Creta and Gi10.

Now the place where I got it done, attached the alignment machine thingy ONLY on the front wheels of both the cars;

With the Gi10 they did the "dhaaga" method i.e pressed a thread against the front and rear wheels after alignment of the front wheels.
Nothing like this was done with the Creta, only front wheel alignment.

I was under the impression that only cars with independent rear suspension need the machine on the rear wheels, however I see pictures on the forum of the alignment machine on rear wheels of similar cars (non high end, non independent suspension) as well.

Am I getting it done at the wrong place?
rayjaycleoful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 13:35   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post

Am I getting it done at the wrong place?
Simple answer: YES.

It doesnt matter whether you have independent rear suspension or not.

The front wheels SHOULD be measured with respect to the rear. 99% of Indian cars dont have rear adjustment. Even in that case, the front should be adjusted with reference to the rear to ensure proper alignment and a level steering wheel. If this is not done, your steering wheel be off-centred.

Watch the above videos to understand more.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 13:44   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Simple answer: YES.

Even in that case, the front should be adjusted with reference to the rear to ensure proper alignment and a level steering wheel.
Thanks alot!
Would you, by any chance, know of a place in Gurgaon which would have a 4 wheel alignment facility and latest equipment?
rayjaycleoful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 14:01   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Thanks alot!
Would you, by any chance, know of a place in Gurgaon which would have a 4 wheel alignment facility and latest equipment?
I dont have much experience and I think the opinion of TBHP-ians of the local area would be better.

I have visited this workshop called Dawn Auto and the guys who run it are quite energetic and nice. They are in Chatarpur. https://www.facebook.com/dawnauto/ They seem to do a lot of high end cars.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote