Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 18th October 2011, 12:29   #31

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - Now in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshdreams View Post
Hi Jitesh, can you check if any 225/50/R16 are available PS3 or any other older Michelin tyres!! thanks a lot!!
Hi Harsh, I checked with them for the same size. They are having this ready in their stock. They said they hav 2 sets of PS3 and 1 set of Bridgestone Potenzas. They even have 195/50 R15, 225/45 R17 and 245/40 R18 in PS3.
jitesh_kp2001 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 12:13   #32

Thanks Jitesh, Can i have the contact details? regards
harshdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 01:21   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshdreams View Post
Thanks Jitesh, Can i have the contact details? regards
Hi Harsh, their store name is BK Tyres and contact number is 09810430202.
jitesh_kp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 04:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitesh_kp2001 View Post
Hi Harsh, their store name is BK Tyres and contact number is 09810430202.
Is the contact guy Jitesh Kapoor? A different Jitesh Kapoor or are you promoting yourself?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...nagar-1-a.html (Tyre & Alloy Wheels - BK Tyres (Lajpat Nagar-1))
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 09:07   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Is the contact guy Jitesh Kapoor? A different Jitesh Kapoor or are you promoting yourself?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...nagar-1-a.html (Tyre & Alloy Wheels - BK Tyres (Lajpat Nagar-1))
Conact person is Atul Kapoor. And yeah, you are half right. The truth is that Atul's younger brother's name is also Jitesh. But I have been dealing with Atul only.
jitesh_kp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 23:29   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitesh_kp2001

Conact person is Atul Kapoor. And yeah, you are half right. The truth is that Atul's younger brother's name is also Jitesh. But I have been dealing with Atul only.
Thanks, I got the PS3's, they are great...
harshdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 12:28   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

I am looking to buy Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres in 225/50/16 size for my Laura. Since this is a slow moving size, dealers don't seem to have stock. They say only four tyres are available, but when I asked one of the dealers the date of manufacture of the tyre, he says its 35th week of 2011.

The dealer says the tyre carries a warranty of 5 years and he can 'guarantee' that it is perfectly safe. Most of my usage is on the highway and the Laura is capable of good speeds. I won't be alive to catch the dealer if the tyres give up on the highway at high speeds!

The tyres don't come cheap. I am finding it hard to digest the fact that I'll be getting 2 years old tyres after paying so much.

The idea of upsizing to a bigger grippier tyre is for increased safety. I can probably get recently launched Pricmacy 3 ST in the stock size. The PS3's have got great reviews and I am really keen to go for this make and the upsize as it will add to the looks of the car as well.

What could be the cons of buying tyres that carry a manufacture date of two years prior to current date?
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 14:32   #38
BHPian

I'd think it shouldn't matter if you'll do 30k+ km in the next 3 years. If you will, change them 3 years from now.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 19:03   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I am looking to buy Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres in 225/50/16 size for my Laura. Since this is a slow moving size, dealers don't seem to have stock. They say only four tyres are available, but when I asked one of the dealers the date of manufacture of the tyre, he says its 35th week of 2011.

The dealer says the tyre carries a warranty of 5 years and he can 'guarantee' that it is perfectly safe. Most of my usage is on the highway and the Laura is capable of good speeds. I won't be alive to catch the dealer if the tyres give up on the highway at high speeds!

The tyres don't come cheap. I am finding it hard to digest the fact that I'll be getting 2 years old tyres after paying so much.

The idea of upsizing to a bigger grippier tyre is for increased safety. I can probably get recently launched Pricmacy 3 ST in the stock size. The PS3's have got great reviews and I am really keen to go for this make and the upsize as it will add to the looks of the car as well.

What could be the cons of buying tyres that carry a manufacture date of two years prior to current date?
Am in a similar situation. Need to change one of the tyres on my 3 because of a sidewall puncture. But the only stock available in 2011. I think it should be fine, and have called for the tyre.

I think the tyres I had put on my Laura earlier this year were 2011 tyres too. And they are doing just fine. Go ahead with the purchase, these are great tyres. Do be careful on rough patches though, they are not abuse friendly, but they do seem to be tougher than I had thought initially.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 08:48   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Am in a similar situation. Need to change one of the tyres on my 3 because of a sidewall puncture. But the only stock available in 2011. I think it should be fine, and have called for the tyre.

I think the tyres I had put on my Laura earlier this year were 2011 tyres too. And they are doing just fine. Go ahead with the purchase, these are great tyres. Do be careful on rough patches though, they are not abuse friendly, but they do seem to be tougher than I had thought initially.
Thanks Akshay, that's reassuring as I went ahead and bought the tyres yesterday. Apparently there were only 4 tyres available in the whole of Bangalore (or even Karnataka). Every dealer I tried calling would ultimately end up offering the very same tyres. The mfg date ranges from week 35 to week 47 of 2011. I figured I'll use up the tyres in the next three years with the kind of running that I have. I now understand the pain of premium car owners when the time comes for a tyre change.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2013, 19:26   #41
Team-BHP Support

Guys just a heads up. Apparently the PS3 has been discontinued in India. It is being replaced by the Primacy 3 ST lol which is a luxury tyre. So go and pick them up while the stocks last. Terrible on the government that its making tyre imports such a pain, people with rims larger than 15" have real issues.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 14:18   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got CPC2 tyres for my Cruze when I bought in a similar manner. Bought in August 2010 and they were 2009 manafactured. Didnt have any problems at all

However, i got a fantastic deal because they were a year old stock. Is there such an offer for the tyres your thinking to buy? If yes, please let me know i too want to buy PS3 ( Set of 5) if your dealer has stock and is giving a good deal to get rid of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys just a heads up. Apparently the PS3 has been discontinued in India. It is being replaced by the Primacy 3 ST lol which is a luxury tyre. So go and pick them up while the stocks last. Terrible on the government that its making tyre imports such a pain, people with rims larger than 15" have real issues.
Thanks for this heads up. Any idea how is the Primacy 3 ST in terms of quality, performance and pricing in comparison to an PS3?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 14:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I got CPC2 tyres for my Cruze when I bought in a similar manner. Bought in August 2010 and they were 2009 manafactured. Didnt have any problems at all

However, i got a fantastic deal because they were a year old stock. Is there such an offer for the tyres your thinking to buy? If yes, please let me know i too want to buy PS3 ( Set of 5) if your dealer has stock and is giving a good deal to get rid of them

Thanks for this heads up. Any idea how is the Primacy 3 ST in terms of quality, performance and pricing in comparison to an PS3?
Well I already bought the tyres. I also got Borbet rims http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3237897

No special deal or anything. I enquired with more than a couple of dealers and all of them were offering the same 2011 tyres. Made the mistake of not checking with Nikhilb2008 . Met him during yesterday's Bangalore TBHP meet and he says he has 2012 mfd tyres with him. You can check with him if you're interested.

Now that these tyres are not being manufactured, I don't think anybody is looking to get rid of them. They have become even more valuable!

The Primacy ST3 replaces the Primacy LC. These are comfort tyres whereas the PS3 is a sporty kind of tyre. I had Primacy LC before I put the PS3s and they were pretty good.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 16:41   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Primacy ST3 replaces the Primacy LC. These are comfort tyres whereas the PS3 is a sporty kind of tyre. I had Primacy LC before I put the PS3s and they were pretty good.
Thanks for the update and congrats on the upgrade to PS3 and Bilsteins

Iam sure your enjoying the best of both these worlds ( Great tyres to compliment a greater suspension)

Since you used the LC prior to PS3. Could you give a quick feedback on difference on both of them assuming you have done some reasonable amount of kms on your new tyres?

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th September 2013 at 16:46.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 18:59   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If you are looking for PS3s does that mean you are getting 225/50 R16? I remember you saying you didn't want 225s.

See the PS3s and the Primacy 3 ST aren't going to be as strong as your CPC2s, so if you do get them you will have to be a bit more careful on bad patches, and watch out for rough objects etc. Basically you can't drive carelessly (I'm not insinuating that you do).

But what you will get is a better ride, much more silence, and better grip. Try and get the PS3s, they are brilliant. But the Primacy 3 will give you a better and more silent ride, while the PS3s will have better grip.

Pricing is very similar for both.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote