Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 00:02   #376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 105
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hello,

I have been advised to change my figo stock tyres (4 years and ~40k kms). Based on suggestions above, I'm assuming I'll go for 185 section tyres but the price being quoted by the dealer in Hyderabad is 4500+ per Tyre for a bridge stone and a little less for good year tyres... sounds a lot. Should I try outside? If Yes, can someone suggest a good place in Hyderabad?

Also, What's the life of stock battery?
I can't help you with price, but it might interest you to know that a friend of mine has been using 195/70R14 tyres on his Figo for the past few years with no complaint whatsoever (and yes I know they're huge). Just something for you to think about...
bharatsomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 06:42   #377
BHPian
 
bhappyharsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Which company should I go for? Is Yokohama better than good year or bridgestone??
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 20:21   #378
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 105
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Which company should I go for? Is Yokohama better than good year or bridgestone??
bhappyharsha,
Since they are all reputed companies, it's not just which company but the specific tyre you're considering from that company that really matters.
In a 185 section width, I would personally go for the 185/70R14 size which is stock for the Swift / dZire / Ritz / Ertiga and offers MUCH better comfort and 'feel' compared to the stock size, besides proving to be a near perfect match for the speedo calibration. In this size, my order of preference would be:

Michelin Energy XM2
Bridgestone Turanza ER 60
Yokohama A Drive
Apollo Acelere

As far as I understand it, they are all tubeless tyres with an asymmetric tread design and an '88' load rating, affording the possibility of a lower inflation pressure. Personally, I do not suggest directional tyres.

As for your previous question regarding the life expectancy of a car battery, own experience tells me to be satisfied with anything between 18-30 months, with anything over 24 months being a bonus.
bharatsomany is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 12:34   #379
BHPian
 
bhappyharsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 10 Times
Question re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatsomany View Post
bhappyharsha,
Since they are all reputed companies, it's not just which company but the specific tyre you're considering from that company that really matters.
In a 185 section width, I would personally go for the 185/70R14 size which is stock for the Swift / dZire / Ritz / Ertiga and offers MUCH better comfort and 'feel' compared to the stock size, besides proving to be a near perfect match for the speedo calibration. In this size, my order of preference would be:

Michelin Energy XM2
Bridgestone Turanza ER 60
Yokohama A Drive
Apollo Acelere

As far as I understand it, they are all tubeless tyres with an asymmetric tread design and an '88' load rating, affording the possibility of a lower inflation pressure. Personally, I do not suggest directional tyres.

As for your previous question regarding the life expectancy of a car battery, own experience tells me to be satisfied with anything between 18-30 months, with anything over 24 months being a bonus.

Thanks Bharatsomany.

I am going to meet the service person tomorrow and will go for upsize (185/70). I am, however, not very sure if they have these brands you mentioned since the last time I spoke with someone there never talked about any of these brands.

Brdigestone was there and they quoted 4740 per tyre. I plan to change all 5 tyres. Good year and DuraPlus (A little above 4600 per tyre).

I will see if I get the Turanza there... If not, do you recommend I look for these tyres elsewhere or should I take Good Year or whichever is available?

Also, regarding the speedo calibration, I assume that I am driving faster than what it shows on speedo. Right?

If that is so, any specific suggestions to be careful? Most of my driving is in B2B traffic to and from work.
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 13:35   #380
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 556
Thanked: 591 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Thanks Bharatsomany.

I am going to meet the service person tomorrow and will go for upsize (185/70). I am, however, not very sure if they have these brands you mentioned since the last time I spoke with someone there never talked about any of these brands.
....

If that is so, any specific suggestions to be careful? Most of my driving is in B2B traffic to and from work.
Suggest you try 185/65. Any particular reasons for going for a 70 profile?

A 65 profile does well to deal with the scraping under full load issue of the stock tyre.
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 13:46   #381
BHPian
 
bhappyharsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Most of the suggestions above are the reason for 70 profile. They add to GC may be? I always get a shock when I cross a speed breaker on full load. I'm a novice @ this....so, not sure which one fits the bill
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 13:55   #382
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 556
Thanked: 591 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Most of the suggestions above are the reason for 70 profile. They add to GC may be? I always get a shock when I cross a speed breaker on full load. I'm a novice @ this....so, not sure which one fits the bill
I am running 185/65 on the stock alloys and the car does not scrape on full load conditions. Do give that a look also. And while you are at it check out the Earth 1's from Yoko too.

As to your other query I changed my battery at 60K km's yesterday.

Paid 3700 for a 45 Ah Amaron battery (under exchange).
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 14:19   #383
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 328
Thanked: 155 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hello,

I have been advised to change my figo stock tyres (4 years and ~40k kms). Based on suggestions above, I'm assuming I'll go for 185 section tyres but the price being quoted by the dealer in Hyderabad is 4500+ per Tyre for a bridge stone and a little less for good year tyres... sounds a lot. Should I try outside? If Yes, can someone suggest a good place in Hyderabad?

Also, What's the life of stock battery?
Go either for the Michelin XM2+ or Yoko Earth 1, both in 185/65 R14.
They are almost at par, though Michelins would be a step ahead. Yokos might be cheaper, a colleague of mine just got them for his i20. Costed him 4200 per tyre.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 14:45   #384
BHPian
 
bhappyharsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Thank you...I'll probably not go to the Ford dealer then. The prices are way too high....for battery, I was quoted 5.5-6.5 k for 2-3 years warranty. Tyres are also more.... the only benefit I'd get is free WA and WB
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 16:18   #385
BHPian
 
DRIVE_ADDICT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 405
Thanked: 178 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Thank you...I'll probably not go to the Ford dealer then. The prices are way too high....for battery, I was quoted 5.5-6.5 k for 2-3 years warranty. Tyres are also more.... the only benefit I'd get is free WA and WB
Even in most of the tyre shops WA/WB will be free when you buy set of 4 tyres. Yes ASC cost you bomb for tyres and battery dont go to them. Recently i changed the battery and just out of curiosity asked ASC about the battery cost, they said they have two variant one with 2 yrs warranty and other with 4 yrs warranty costing ~5.5k and 6.5k respectively.
Called Amaron and got it replaced for 3.8k.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:37   #386
Senior - BHPian
 
recshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mangalore / Bangalore
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 78 Times
Cool re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I am running 185/65 ...

Paid 3700 for a 45 Ah Amaron battery (under exchange).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Even in most of the tyre shops WA/WB will be free when you buy set of 4 tyres.
Called Amaron and got it replaced for 3.8k.
Could you please share the model number of the battery? My battery "supposed to be replaced" according to service center.

Plus I need to upgrade tyres in another 3-4K kms. Going through the thread, looks like Yokohama E1 is a good option. Any reviews on Bridgestone Turanza ER 60?
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:57   #387
BHPian
 
DRIVE_ADDICT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 405
Thanked: 178 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Could you please share the model number of the battery? My battery "supposed to be replaced" according to service center.
Amaron Flo DIN 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Plus I need to upgrade tyres in another 3-4K kms. Going through the thread, looks like Yokohama E1 is a good option. Any reviews on Bridgestone Turanza ER 60?
I have swapped my OEM to Yoko E1 185/65 R14 at 28k ODO and now my ODO is ~37k. I got one of the tyre replaced on warranty due to leak. but its one off case. So far the tyre behaves very well and i have driven 800 km on a single day on mixed road conditions. It came out really well. Nice grip and free rolling. VFM tyre to me.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:20   #388
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 556
Thanked: 591 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Could you please share the model number of the battery? My battery "supposed to be replaced" according to service center.

Plus I need to upgrade tyres in another 3-4K kms. Going through the thread, looks like Yokohama E1 is a good option. Any reviews on Bridgestone Turanza ER 60?
Flo DIN 45

Ask the battery guy to take your old battery.

I paid 3700 for it BTW.

The Motorcraft battery provided by Ford is in fact an Amaron battery.
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:59   #389
BHPian
 
bhappyharsha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I've upsized to Yoko earth 1. 185/65 r14. Initial impressions are smoother ride.

They've recommended 33psi for the tyre pressure. Is it right?
bhappyharsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:56   #390
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 556
Thanked: 591 Times
Default re: Ford Figo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
I've upsized to Yoko earth 1. 185/65 r14. Initial impressions are smoother ride.

They've recommended 33psi for the tyre pressure. Is it right?
Suggest 30 to 32.

I generally drive alone so I prefer 30 all around.

How much did you pay for the tires?
batterylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread dish Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 191 22nd March 2017 20:12
Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread nkrishnap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 55 22nd March 2017 12:27
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread arunphilip Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 101 22nd February 2017 21:48
Ford Fiesta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread anarchy_99 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 419 19th December 2016 03:21
Ford Ikon : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread dkhatau Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 28 22nd February 2016 10:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks