Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 4th October 2005, 15:51   #1
BHPian

Default KSpeed Alloys for CRDi

Guys i need help...I have decided to kit our CRDi with a new set of wheels.I am looking at Kspeed (Model no:304) 5 spoke alloys 14" (PCD 100).The problem is i cant find them in Cochin nor in Trivandrum.Bombay or bangalore guys who know some dealers ,Pls let me know.

P.Secided on the tyres-Good Year Eagle ventura-195/60/R14
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 17:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey artofzen! Venturas are good tyres. They are very good in the wet but only average in the dry! Also they are noisy at high speeds! Why dont you check the NCTs out?

p.s Can you post some pics of the alloys or any link to K speed website!
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 20:03   #3
BHPian

I cant find their website,googling didnt return anything important!!!!
Old 4th October 2005, 20:30   #4
BHPian

hi artofzen good to hear you are upgrading your tyres.i am not sure of the alloys or where to get them from,but be damn sure about the tyres.a wrong decision can be very frustrating-like i found out.my michelin pilot precedas are giving a lot of road noise-i cant tolerate it anymore.they are good for high speed driving on good roads.which means not kerala roads!!whatever you decide,let me know after the transformation how it fares
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2005, 21:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Drive down to Bangalore and pick it up. You'll get a better cost in Bombay though.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 00:10   #6
BHPian

Did you check out PIT-STOP near Ernakulam Medical Centre? They have a fair collection of imported alloys. Don't remember the brands, though...
MalluDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 11:04   #7
BHPian

so did you get it artofzen?what brand tyre you decided?let me know the total amount it all adds upto also
Old 6th October 2005, 11:06   #8
BHPian

so artofzen,did you get the alloys finally?and what about the tyres?let me know the total cost involved too
Old 6th October 2005, 12:48   #9
BHPian

Global Tyres at Cochin said they can get me those alloys at 16K for 5 piece.Tyres are for 2500 a piece i guess.I am not sure about that.I havent bought them ,just ordered it .Will get it in two weeks.I am confused regarding the tyres-Eagle venturas or NCT 5 ,Worried about the road noise factor
Old 6th October 2005, 19:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen
Global Tyres at Cochin said they can get me those alloys at 16K for 5 piece.Tyres are for 2500 a piece i guess.I am not sure about that.I havent bought them ,just ordered it .Will get it in two weeks.I am confused regarding the tyres-Eagle venturas or NCT 5 ,Worried about the road noise factor
What's your say on BS Potenza? Heard good opinion about it, got a long life too, it seems.
MalluDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2005, 19:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen

do you drive with the ac on or off all the time and with or without music ??

if its without ac that is with the windows down and no music then think about the noise at high speeds.

if its the opposite with ac and music on then there is no problem.with the windows up and ac on im not sayin it wont be heard at all but will be negligible and with music(even if played softly) you really wont have a problem.

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 09:03   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude
What's your say on BS Potenza? Heard good opinion about it, got a long life too, it seems.
It is a good tyre according to TBHP,but its over my budget.
Old 7th October 2005, 12:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

There is hardly 400bucks difference between the BS Potenzas and the Goodyear venturas! I am talking per tyre! Overall the BS will be cheaper in the long run as they last more then Goodyears!
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 17:24   #14
BHPian

artofzen,forgot to tell you this earlier,but once turboindia told me that bridgestone gtd3 were very good for accents-i had asked him once concerning the road noise.do you someone who has fitted these.and i wont say that road noise is negligible-at least i dont feel the same with the michelin pilot precedas
Old 17th November 2005, 14:26   #15
BHPian

Hi Guys ...sorry I wasnt anywhere near a comp for the last two weeks.I bought tyres and alloys for the accent.
Tyres:-Yokohama ES 100-205/60/R14

Alloys-HR -14" 7 spoke Hyper silver.

I shal put up the snaps soon.The grip can be described in just one word..AWESOME