Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:12   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Hi all,

I had been inclined towards getting Nitrogen filled into my stock tyres (tubed) when I changed to alloys recently, however was unsure if it was the right thing to do. I have only read people advising Nitrogen when someone would change the stock rims to alloys or switch the tyres to tubeless. I apologize in case I have missed out something, & I happen to ask this again, but does any of you reccomend Nitrogen in tubed tyres (stock size)?

Also, if yes, then are there any places around South Delhi or Gurgaon, where I can get Nitrogen filled?

Lastly, please list down any particular things that I should keep in mind in case I should go ahead with Nitrogen, like maybe no residual air should be left in the tube before inflating with Nitrogen etc.

Thanks.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:15   #47
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

I had been inclined towards getting Nitrogen filled into my stock tyres (tubed) when I changed to alloys recently, however was unsure if it was the right thing to do. I have only read people advising Nitrogen when someone would change the stock rims to alloys or switch the tyres to tubeless. I apologize in case I have missed out something, & I happen to ask this again, but does any of you reccomend Nitrogen in tubed tyres (stock size)?

Also, if yes, then are there any places around South Delhi or Gurgaon, where I can get Nitrogen filled?

Lastly, please list down any particular things that I should keep in mind in case I should go ahead with Nitrogen, like maybe no residual air should be left in the tube before inflating with Nitrogen etc.

Thanks.
Please visit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html (Inflating tyres with dry nitrogen) for Nitrogen relates clarifications.
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:03   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Thanks lightening, & just to share I think I will live with a refill (normal air) every week or so.

But just out of curiosity, how many such stations are there in Delhi which are capable of filling tyres with Nitrogen?

Thanks & regards.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:53   #49
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I am running on normal air. I removed Nitrogen from all my tyres and filled natural air. I am free now and can check my air at anywhere.
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:57   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
I am running on normal air. I removed Nitrogen from all my tyres and filled natural air. I am free now and can check my air at anywhere.
It feels good, ain't it, the spirit of freedom

Well, this was definitely a key factor which helped me decide that I should stick with air.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:35   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 131
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

have posted pics of my PLATI 14" alloys on my I20 Crdi 1.4 after having gone through these great pics of Plati . Mine are half white-half matt steel/grinded look. See them in the Alloy wheels for i20 thread..
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 12:57   #52
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
have posted pics of my PLATI 14" alloys on my I20 Crdi 1.4 after having gone through these great pics of Plati . Mine are half white-half matt steel/grinded look. See them in the Alloy wheels for i20 thread..

Happy to hear that my thread and pics help you. Sure let me visit your thread for the pics.
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 04:41   #53
BHPian
 
maverick145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raipur
Posts: 136
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: WagonR Footwear upgraded to Plati Alloys + Michelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Nikhil, you are right, thats my issue. The lock coming with OEM tyres are not getting through holes of alloy rims and not getting locked to the base.

Can I ask the local layman to create a long metal one with same kind of thread matching the current one? there is no clamp or anything to tie the rims to boot.
Can I know if this issue of yours has been fixed? I am planning to buy alloy wheels and tyres for my Wagon R too and this issue has got me worried :(
maverick145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 00:51   #54
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: WagonR Footwear upgraded to Plati Alloys + Michelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Can I know if this issue of yours has been fixed? I am planning to buy alloy wheels and tyres for my Wagon R too and this issue has got me worried :(

hey nothing to worry as such.. the way u lock your spare tyre in boot now will not work. u need to tie the alloy rims to the lock in the down platform..thats wall simple..

I thought it may be a issue.. but its fine...... the alloys looks sporty..since its ribs are to the interior of the rims... like this ))
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 21:39   #55
BHPian
 
antorquetik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 63
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: WagonR Footwear upgraded to Plati Alloys + Michelins

Reviving a old thread:

A new set of tires is due for my WagonR (tube tires).

If anyone is doing a tire upgrade, I am willing to buy the stock tires. I am also OK with buying a used tire (upto 5k clicks only). If any BHPian is doing a tire upgrade, please let me know. I am willing to wait for a month. After that,I will buy a new set of rubber.

Thank you in advance.

PS: Send a PM to BHPian sachinj12, as I am not granted PM facility yet.
antorquetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 20:48   #56
BHPian
 
thelightening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: WagonR Footwear upgraded to Plati Alloys + Michelins

I have replaced my Plati (PY518) 5.5" rims (5nos) to Neo dozen (BM) 5" rims (4 nos) + OEM Black steel disc for my spare wheel.

Cost me around 11,000 for 4 Neo rims.
Attached Images
   
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ritzy Affair !!! Also fitted with Plati Alloys PCS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 19th October 2010 11:28
Upgraded - New Alloys and Tires on my i10! NFS2024 Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 23 30th January 2010 15:29
i10 took delivery and upgraded with new tyres and alloys jango Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 60 17th April 2009 18:35
GoodBye & Thankyou JKs, Welcome Michelins... akroy Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 90 26th December 2008 16:18
plati wheels catalog? Chetu Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 3 28th April 2008 23:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks