Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 23rd May 2010, 18:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I had been inclined towards getting Nitrogen filled into my stock tyres (tubed) when I changed to alloys recently, however was unsure if it was the right thing to do. I have only read people advising Nitrogen when someone would change the stock rims to alloys or switch the tyres to tubeless. I apologize in case I have missed out something, & I happen to ask this again, but does any of you reccomend Nitrogen in tubed tyres (stock size)?

Also, if yes, then are there any places around South Delhi or Gurgaon, where I can get Nitrogen filled?

Lastly, please list down any particular things that I should keep in mind in case I should go ahead with Nitrogen, like maybe no residual air should be left in the tube before inflating with Nitrogen etc.

Thanks.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:15   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

I had been inclined towards getting Nitrogen filled into my stock tyres (tubed) when I changed to alloys recently, however was unsure if it was the right thing to do. I have only read people advising Nitrogen when someone would change the stock rims to alloys or switch the tyres to tubeless. I apologize in case I have missed out something, & I happen to ask this again, but does any of you reccomend Nitrogen in tubed tyres (stock size)?

Also, if yes, then are there any places around South Delhi or Gurgaon, where I can get Nitrogen filled?

Lastly, please list down any particular things that I should keep in mind in case I should go ahead with Nitrogen, like maybe no residual air should be left in the tube before inflating with Nitrogen etc.

Thanks.
Please visit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html (Inflating tyres with dry nitrogen) for Nitrogen relates clarifications.
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Thanks lightening, & just to share I think I will live with a refill (normal air) every week or so.

But just out of curiosity, how many such stations are there in Delhi which are capable of filling tyres with Nitrogen?

Thanks & regards.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:53   #49
BHPian

I am running on normal air. I removed Nitrogen from all my tyres and filled natural air. I am free now and can check my air at anywhere.
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am running on normal air. I removed Nitrogen from all my tyres and filled natural air. I am free now and can check my air at anywhere.
It feels good, ain't it, the spirit of freedom

Well, this was definitely a key factor which helped me decide that I should stick with air.
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:35   #51
BHPian

have posted pics of my PLATI 14" alloys on my I20 Crdi 1.4 after having gone through these great pics of Plati . Mine are half white-half matt steel/grinded look. See them in the Alloy wheels for i20 thread..
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 12:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
have posted pics of my PLATI 14" alloys on my I20 Crdi 1.4 after having gone through these great pics of Plati . Mine are half white-half matt steel/grinded look. See them in the Alloy wheels for i20 thread..

Happy to hear that my thread and pics help you. Sure let me visit your thread for the pics.
Old 27th January 2011, 04:41   #53
BHPian

Default Re: WagonR Footwear upgraded to Plati Alloys + Michelins

Quote:
Nikhil, you are right, thats my issue. The lock coming with OEM tyres are not getting through holes of alloy rims and not getting locked to the base.

Can I ask the local layman to create a long metal one with same kind of thread matching the current one? there is no clamp or anything to tie the rims to boot.
Can I know if this issue of yours has been fixed? I am planning to buy alloy wheels and tyres for my Wagon R too and this issue has got me worried :(
maverick145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 00:51   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Can I know if this issue of yours has been fixed? I am planning to buy alloy wheels and tyres for my Wagon R too and this issue has got me worried :(

hey nothing to worry as such.. the way u lock your spare tyre in boot now will not work. u need to tie the alloy rims to the lock in the down platform..thats wall simple..

I thought it may be a issue.. but its fine...... the alloys looks sporty..since its ribs are to the interior of the rims... like this ))
Old 7th July 2011, 21:39   #55
BHPian

Reviving a old thread:

A new set of tires is due for my WagonR (tube tires).

If anyone is doing a tire upgrade, I am willing to buy the stock tires. I am also OK with buying a used tire (upto 5k clicks only). If any BHPian is doing a tire upgrade, please let me know. I am willing to wait for a month. After that,I will buy a new set of rubber.

Thank you in advance.

PS: Send a PM to BHPian sachinj12, as I am not granted PM facility yet.
antorquetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 20:48   #56
BHPian

I have replaced my Plati (PY518) 5.5" rims (5nos) to Neo dozen (BM) 5" rims (4 nos) + OEM Black steel disc for my spare wheel.

Cost me around 11,000 for 4 Neo rims.
Attached Images