Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 17th June 2017, 17:16   #361
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Alto : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Mine is 2009 Alto, 28k on the odo. MRF tyres still look good, plenty of tread left and no cracks. Regularly carried out five wheel rotation once every year. But they are 8 years old, and I contemplate to change them a few months down the line. None of the tyres have been removed from the rim so far,not even once.

Will the rims be good for tubeless tyres or should I change them to be on the safer side? There are no bends or dents that I can see.
Rims can be checked for perfect roundness on a balancing machine. They place a pointer on the lip and it tells if any deformation is there. Another point to look for is rust, specially near the valve hole. If your rim doesn't have these issues, then you can install tubeless on the existing rims.

If in case you are changing the rim, make sure to mount it on a balancing machine and make sure no eccentricity is there. A batch with defective rims had come, which were wobbly right out of the factory. So please make sure to check them before purchasing any rim.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote