Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 26th March 2015, 10:27   #76
BHPian

Default Re: MRF Wanderer All-Terrain (not Sport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
This is what i think of MRF Wanderers from personal experience.
Attachment 1353644
A sidewall puncture? How old (kms/years) are these tyres?
antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 12:11   #77
BHPian

Hi,

I have a Xylo E9 with Bridgestone Dueler A/T having done 40K kms. I am going to Spiti this month and hence need new set of rubber. I am not confident of the current tread on my tires in the hilly terrain and hence looking for change otherwise my current tires can be good for another 15k kms.
I have currently shortlisted Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA 215/75 R15 tire. I am not considering Yokos owing to weak side walls though some members may have got good experience of using them even in hilly region. Spoke to a dealer who said BS-D are not of good quality nowadays and Yokos owing to they being prone to side wall damages suggested me to go with GY Wranglers. I saw the Yokos and Wranglers side by side and could easily make out the thickness of the side walls in one instance.

Back of my mind, I also have MRF Wanderers being AT tires. Have gone through the blog here and hence want to know which should I consider better. MRF or GY. I am not in much favor of Miclelins either. It just seems to be trend nowadays to have Yokos or Michelins as an up market feel. I may be wrong as well.

I have seen many scorpios with the wanderers and they come as OEM for Duster. Help me clear the air.

Regards,
rahulya007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:47   #78
BHPian

I am about to replace the stock Bridgestone Duellers on my Storme with new tyres. After having gone through the entire set of options, I am now slowly moving down the chain and seem to have got the MRF Wanderer A/T, the Apollo Apterra A/T and the Good Year Wrangler A/T as choices. If not these, then my choice is Continental Cross A/T. I am not interested in Michelins, Yokos or other such. I have been offered Wanderers at 6200/- per tyre.
Looking at the posts here, the Wanderer seems to be a good, hard wearing option, which can tackle fairly bad roads with ease. What I want to know is if there is anything else in the similar price range that is as good or better. BTW, the Contis are coming at 7800/- per tyre, so that's quite tempting too.
sasi405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:31   #79
BHPian

I am currently using Apollo Hawkz/AT R16 stock tyres on my Scorpio. Have done 50K Kms in the last 3.5 years. Though there is no visible wear n tear, still I suppose its time to replace the tyres, as I will be planning some hill trips in 2016. I have shortlisted Continental Cross/ MRF Wanderer AT. Need a feedback on which one to go for.
ADI_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
I am currently using Apollo Hawkz/AT R16 stock tyres on my Scorpio. Have done 50K Kms in the last 3.5 years. Though there is no visible wear n tear, still I suppose its time to replace the tyres, as I will be planning some hill trips in 2016. I have shortlisted Continental Cross/ MRF Wanderer AT. Need a feedback on which one to go for.
I have them (Wanderer AT) on my Scorpio, got them as OE. So far, they have been good and I don't have any reason to complain. I have been to some offbeat places which have practically no roads but just mud and rocks. These didn't give up or anything. Yes, I am a bit careful in saving in sidewall hits but that's about it. Grip levels offered are decent. No experience with Contis, though I know they were highly recommended by tsk1979.
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017, 22:32   #81
BHPian

maybe I missed updating this thread!
Do refer : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3985365 (Mahindra Xylo : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

these days driving has lessened, current ODO is ~171000 KMs, which means 2 x MRF-W (front) have done about 16K KMs, doing well.
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote