Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 8th September 2010, 08:06   #1
BHPian

Default Import duty on Imported Alloy Wheels / Tyres for Jeep

I am interested in importing a set of 5 Alloy Wheels & Tyres for Jeep. Please advise me the tariff for Customs duty I shall be paying for it or I should contact any local dealer in Delhi to arrange import. The total cost may be assumed to be around 50K Rs.

Thanks / Regards
Amrik Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 08:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Amreek, Since Alloy wheels and tires are available off the shelf in Delhi easily, Why do you want to get them imported? Are you looking for some unique size/design?
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 08:48   #3
BHPian

Yes. Something for 31" Tyres, quite common with Desert Driving here in Dubai. If available in Delhi, would love to heve them there itself.
Amrik Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 08:54   #4
BHPian

Go through nishanths thread where he has improted jeep rims online and mentioned the cost too :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-complete.html (It's a 'Jeep' Thing!" - Army Spec MM550 - Restoration in Bangalore - PHASE 1 COMPLETE)

Copying from his thread :

Black Rock 15x8j, 2.5inch Backspacing 5.5 inch pcd

Wheels cost: $55x5=$275
Shipping thru UPS, US to Bangalore : $366
Duty Indian customs: INR 6500

Yes I bought them over the internet. Just a random search in google over a period of 4 weeks. This is the website. Has loads of things anything and everything to do with Jeeps jeeps and only jeeps!!

www.quadratec.com
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 20:12   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Wheels cost: $55x5=$275
Shipping thru UPS, US to Bangalore : $366
Duty Indian customs: INR 6500
That's about 50% in custom duties! Not to mention, his shipping exceeded the cost of wheels.

Any other options that make it viable to buy imported rims online (vis a vis local market)? It's tough to find great designs in sizes over 16 inches.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 20:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's about 50% in custom duties! Not to mention, his shipping exceeded the cost of wheels.

Any other options that make it viable to buy imported rims online (vis a vis local market)? It's tough to find great designs in sizes over 16 inches.

Thats the only reason which is stopping me from buying one for my gypsy. Its not worth paying so much tax for the rims (at least not for me)

Even in 15" are hard to get other than the usual 2-3 design from the usual manufacturers.
Have been in search of rims since a month and have lost hope of finding non-regular ones.
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 19:28   #7
BHPian

Default Re: Import duty on Imported Alloy Wheels / Tyres for Jeep

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I didn't know where else to post this.

The whole "import restrictions" or embargo whatever that is, which prevented imported tyres from being avaiable at dealers: is that taken off now? When can we expect the imports that used to be available couple of years back?
ssh1979 is offline   Reply With Quote