Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 16th July 2016, 00:05   #106
Default Re: Hyundai Getz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Originally Posted by rahulp View Post
Are you running the stock size or have you upsized?
Stock size only, didn't want to risk any changes to the driving feel or suspension although a 185 section upgrade (+10 mm) wouldn't have made much of a difference. The ride quality evidently improved since the change from stock Goodyears, a massive difference. It was also the most value for money tyre available though that wasn't what I was looking for but a happy coincidence.

In terms of plush ride and grip though, XM2 is the absolute tops - only that its sidewall isn't stiff enough, I pushed and tested the sidewall rigidity of XM2, Continental CC3 and Earth-1 and Earth-1 was the stiffest of all 3. This is because the E1 has a double-ply rubber construction compared to others and I wanted something like that as its more reinforced to handle the torturous Indian roads.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote