Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 5th December 2010, 09:06   #1
BHPian

Default Tyre damaged. Alternatives for AD07

Dear Friends! Need advice.

My brother's Cedia has Advan Neovas AD07 with specs 205/55/R15. The tyres have hardly run 1000 kms. Recently one of the Tyre walls got damaged due to a protruding stone slab while parking and now only one Tyre needs to be replaced. Currently using the spare that is of size 195/60/R15 at one rear wheel (Heard its ok to drive with this setup)

I called up a few dealers in Bangalore and got to know that AD07s are no more available in the above size. Now what is the alternative option if I can't get AD07s of similar specs?
  1. What is the alternative to AD07 if I just need one Tyre?
  2. Can i get another Tyre of same/different brand in 205/55/R15 just for one wheel?
Please let me know what options i have. Thanks
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2010, 19:33   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

My suggestion is to dump all 4 tyres and go in for 4 new tyres. No point in mixing AD07s and some other tyres.

The problem is you dont have any good options anymore in the performance segment. No PP2s, no AD07s, nothing. Only S drives come to mind in 205/55 R15.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 20:24   #3
BHPian

@Nikhil, Thanks for your advice. The option you are giving is really an expensive one. Dump almost new tyres just to replace one damaged tyre. That too AD07 that costs more than 7k each :-O

I would rather get a single S-Drive in 205/55/R15 and replace the damaged AD07 in the rear. I know it's not anywhere near the league of AD07s but guess I can live with that.

Do let me know your opinion. Thanks
Old 6th December 2010, 20:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
@Nikhil, Thanks for your advice. The option you are giving is really an expensive one. Dump almost new tyres just to replace one damaged tyre. That too AD07 that costs more than 7k each :-O

I would rather get a single S-Drive in 205/55/R15 and replace the damaged AD07 in the rear. I know it's not anywhere near the league of AD07s but guess I can live with that.

Do let me know your opinion. Thanks
Sell off your AD07 and buy all 4 S drives or continental CP4 (not sure if this is what they are called)

1 tyre of different pattern is slightly difficult to drive(no big differences though), if possible change 2

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 00:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Sell off your AD07 and buy all 4 S drives or continental CP4 (not sure if this is what they are called)

1 tyre of different pattern is slightly difficult to drive(no big differences though), if possible change 2

Pramod
Changing both the rear tyres to S-Drives also makes sense. Keep the awesome AD07s at the front for better grip.

For regular driving and occassional highway runs, i assume changing just one rear tyre to S-Drives should also suffice.

As long as driven sanely, I think it should not matter much with this setup.
Old 7th December 2010, 09:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Keep the S-Drives at front or rear :-)?

You'd better read up the relevant thread on TBHP! Possibly, keeping them at the rear may be safer depending upon your average speeds.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 13:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Keep the S-Drives at front or rear :-)?

You'd better read up the relevant thread on TBHP! Possibly, keeping them at the rear may be safer depending upon your average speeds.
That is what I said right? Keep the S-Drives at the rear! Since the AD07s are very new, they will remain at the front.

Am i missing something here
Old 7th December 2010, 13:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

if you wish to sell one, i'm in line for it . i need a spare.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 13:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think some of the recent threads advocate keeping the gripper tyres in the rear in case you go into a slide and the rear tyres lose grip you wont have any control over the car
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 14:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
if you wish to sell one, i'm in line for it . i need a spare.
@ROC, Guess you realize now that its always better to have a spare in the event there is a tyre damage as in this case. I am repenting that I should have got a spare as well when i changed to AD07s.

Not yet decided if I should just have one S-Drive to replace the damaged tyre or have a new pair of S-Drives at the rear or front. If I decide to get a pair of S-Drives, I may part with one of the AD07s. Or do I keep the AD07 as spare? Confusing!

Will let you know.
Old 15th December 2010, 14:38   #11
BHPian

Default Re: Tyre damaged. Alternatives for AD07

get the AD07 on rear.....high grip compound on rear is better..
itzzme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 22:42   #12
BHPian

Default Re: Tyre damaged. Alternatives for AD07

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
get the AD07 on rear.....high grip compound on rear is better..
@itzzme - Will keep this in mind. Thanks!

I have not yet had the time to go and get the S-Drives. Planning for this weekend.