Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 10th June 2014, 23:35   #241
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Yes. One of the dealers suggested me Michelin primacy 3ST to add to my confusion.
Wouldn't be surprised, but this is what Michelin recommends for the 2009-onwards Yeti:

http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/car-...dFilter=summer
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 09:55   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Wouldn't be surprised, but this is what Michelin recommends for the 2009-onwards Yeti:

http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/car-...dFilter=summer
Yes, But we dont get them in stock size and also the fact that they are around 11k per tire which is way too expensive compared to other options.

What do you think of Primacy 3 ST by Michelin?

Last edited by sagpatel : 11th June 2014 at 10:00.
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 12:27   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
What do you think of Primacy 3 ST by Michelin?
Cannot comment on them as I've never used them. Best person to ask general questions about multiple brands and types of tyres is Nikhil - can't remember his handle on Team BHP, but he's commented on this thread before. PM him for opinion on different tyres.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 09:39   #244
BHPian

Finally, got the tyres changed to Michelin Primacy 3 ST. They are 99v rated, got them for about 8.7k each which includes (Alignment, balancing and buy back of old tyres).
Initial impressions are these are dead silent, absolutely no noise (at 60kph), ride quality is also improved. I could not check at highway speeds though.
Bought them from Saifee tyre service located at santacruz. He suggested me to go for Michelin out of the three sedan tyres selected (Michelin Primacy 3ST, Bridgestone ER 370, Pirelli P7).
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 16:03   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
EDIT: You have so many more options in sedan tyres, if I'm not mistaken. Nikhil has been raving about the new MRF ZLOs, not sure if you get them in this size but it might be worth checking them out as the prices would be more realistic..
ZLo' are available in
215/55 R16 97V
225/55 R16 95W
and they are priced much much, more than the ER370. Also they're not easily available.

You're looking for nikhilb2008
Cheers
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 17:53   #246

Hi all,

I finally took the plunge and bought the Michelin Latitude Tour HP tyres, upsized to 215/65R 16. I've just driven from Dharamshala to Leh via the Old Mughal Road (Jammu to Srinagar), and from Leh to Tsokhar, Tsomoriri, Hanle, Pangong, Nubra, back to Leh and then back to Dharamshala via Manali. It was a grueling drive, on long stretches of very bad road (and no road sometimes), and the tyres were up to the challenge. I didn't have to top up the air even once. The upsize had no impact on the drive. In fact, if anything, it improved it. And that extra 1" of clearance was really handy while driving on twin tracks with a raised, uneven central divider. All in all, very happy with the Michelin Latitude Tour HP tyres. Would never have tried to make this trip on the Goodyear Excellence tyres. And finally, the Yeti was superb in the high Himalayas!
yetizing is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 23:19   #247
BHPian

Hi guys,

I just had my tyres replaced after by my wife had ruptured the rear right tyre-wall. I found that the stock tyres were pretty decent with acceptable levels of road noise but found the tyre wear was on the higher side. I got the Bridgestone Turanza ER 370 and have been using them for over 2 months now and done about 6k kms on them. Ride quality is good but noise seems to be on the higher side apart from that i don't have much of an issue with them.
ninjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 19:40   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
You can even consider the Falken Wildpeak HT01, which are in 215/65R16 size and are available for around 9K per tyre. These are with 5 year manufacturer warranty:
http://www.changemytyre.com/Car/Tyre...PEAK-HT01/3789

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth

Once again thanks for that - I got 4 of those from changemytyre.com and put them on today.

Will update later with impressions as I have only been pottering around town with them - during installation we needed 300 gms of weights which is a bit over the top. Not sure if its the tyre or the wheel because my old Michelins have recently shown signs of really uneven wear - so it could be the wheels too because the vehicle has done a few offroad tricks in the past few months.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 20:47   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Behemoth

Once again thanks for that - I got 4 of those from changemytyre.com and put them on today.

Will update later with impressions as I have only been pottering around town with them - during installation we needed 300 gms of weights which is a bit over the top. Not sure if its the tyre or the wheel because my old Michelins have recently shown signs of really uneven wear - so it could be the wheels too because the vehicle has done a few offroad tricks in the past few months.
Welcome Steeroid!
300 gm of weight is quite a lot. In my past experience first with Yoko C drive I needed around 120 gm total and For Bridgestones 180 gm total. Did you check that the installer fitted the tyre correctly with the area marked with a circle (which is the lightest part of the tyre as marked by the manufacturer) closest to the valve. This is important as it will require less weights this way. Many installers are not aware of this and tend to skip this. If the installer has put the circle in a wrong place it will be better to go back and ask him to rectify it!
Do share your feedback on the Falkens as you are the first to go for the Wildpeaks in the Yeti!

Sharing a good article from Bridgestone on the correct positioning of the Yellow/ Red Circles marked on the tyres for ideal Balancing of new tyres:
http://www.bridgestonetrucktires.com...0ask%20doc.pdf

The Valve weight is around 35 gms, which can be offset partially by matching with the lightest part of the tyre which is usually marked with a Yellow circle on the Tyre's side.

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st July 2014 at 17:21. Reason: Merging posts
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:22   #250
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: The Falken Wildpeak HTs are really good tyres, and I would happily recommend them to anyone. 3000 kms since I changed them a couple of weeks ago, and the tyres are as good (and in some respects better) than the more expensive Michelin Latitudes that I had on before this.

They are as quiet (probably quieter, because the vehicle is eerily silent at very high speeds) as the Michelins, have excellent grip and more importantly they do not hydroplane like the Michelins did. Cuts through water at high speed holding its line.

The Michelins are slightly better around the corners, though - I didn't have exactly the same level of super-confidence around fast, tight turns with these as I had with the Michelins. Thats the only (and slight) negative. In any case, one does not buy a 4WD to carve corners at high speed so from a practical point of view this is not a big no.

Go for it - you save upto 2,000 per tyre over the Michelins!
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2014, 20:24   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Three years into Yeti ownership Ive just hit 26750kms.
My Goodyear Excellence tyres are pretty much as good as new.
I don't know when exactly I should be considering a change.
My heart says asap and the more conservative Head says wait a bit.

Thing is now the car is 3 years old and I mostly use it between home, office and a little pottering about in the city. I hardly ever go long distance any more because I simply hate the traffic on the highways.

Im wondering what the best tyres for this car are. I ve finally broken with my mind-set about sticking to the OEM spec. I am interested in upsizing if it is necessary and if it will impart a better ride and better handling and better ground clearance.

But I want these new tyres (as and when I upgrade) to give me at least 3 more years of life.

Basis the feedback I receive on this post, I shall make up my mind. I state that I am NOT in a hurry at all, right now though.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 13:55   #252
BHPian

My Pirellei P6 are worn out. My car has done about 61k km with about 47k on the Pirelleis. As a temporary solutions i have put back the original good year now.

I really liked the Pirelli P6.

Choices i have are

Bridgestone Turanza GR90
Conti Premium2
Pirelli P7
Falken PT722

Most expensive being at the top. I'm leaning more towards the Conti, but they are significantly expensive. So why not Falken ?

Not sure, its worth upsizing to 215/65/16 with HT tires like Michinel Tour HP or Falken Wildspeak ? - Since i mostly drive on Tarmac.

Any thoughts would help.
contessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 14:36   #253
BHPian

I have recently changed my yeti tyres to pirelli p7 cinturato, 225/55/16 at 10k per tyre.
very happy with the tyres. Most of my travel is through highways and roads are pretty decent, so 55profile is not a problem for me.
streetracer_919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 17:57   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: The Falken Wildpeak HTs are really good tyres
I will have to look out for shopping tires again for the Yeti. It is at 65K now, in another 10K (by 75,000kms)

The only aspect which has changed is, now the car sees a bit more of off-road. Are Bridgestone's comfortable?

Do not want a driver oriented tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I would recommend the Bridgestones 100%
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 18:48   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I will have to look out for shopping tires again for the Yeti. It is at 65K now, in another 10K (by 75,000kms)

The only aspect which has changed is, now the car sees a bit more of off-road. Are Bridgestone's comfortable?

Do not want a driver oriented tire.
The Bridgestone Er370s are quite comfortable and also low on noise. However when I checked a few months back the dealer told me they are discontinued and replaced by the GR90 series. The GR90 are quite soft and don't look like they would endure rough road use.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote