Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2016, 13:42   #421
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

thanks Behemoth and Akshay
Will keep this in mind then.
I ve barely hit 35K Kms so no point even worrying about this for the moment.
Cheers!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 12:59   #422
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I saw this lovely Corrida Red Yeti 4x4 Elegance today on Church Street. Looks about the same vintage as my Yeti.

Also looks like the owner has changed the OEM tyres to these nice Goodyear Wrangler 215/65/16 size.

Nice tread pattern on these Wranglers and the best thing is that they look nice and tough for our evil roads hereabouts!

I wish there were more choice in these tyres - while Im happy with my Falkens so far, I would always like those AT type treads...

Attached Images
    
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 10:32   #423
BHPian
 
twinoctober's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Upsize from 16 inch to 17 inch -Yeti4x4

Hi I am upsizing my wheels and tyres of my YETI 4x4 by one inch .
I have been to a a few shops in Bangalore.
need a suggestion as to which guys is better amongst all the devils

original is 215-60-16 but running on 225-60-16 apollo maxx ..done 50K served me well but not getting multiple punctures. options in 16 inch for tyros are very less hence considering 17 inch...any suggestion will be appreciated. i do fair amount of highway..
conti / goodyear or......??

dilema is 225/55/17 or 225/50/17 ..both are inside the tolerance limits

thanks
twinoctober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2016, 18:41   #424
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Upsize from 16 inch to 17 inch -Yeti4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Hi I am upsizing my wheels and tyres of my YETI 4x4 by one inch .
I have been to a a few shops in Bangalore.
need a suggestion as to which guys is better amongst all the devils

original is 215-60-16 but running on 225-60-16 apollo maxx ..done 50K served me well but not getting multiple punctures. options in 16 inch for tyros are very less hence considering 17 inch...any suggestion will be appreciated. i do fair amount of highway..
conti / goodyear or......??

dilema is 225/55/17 or 225/50/17 ..both are inside the tolerance limits

thanks
I saw a number of the Yeti's sitting about in Turkey whose tyres size is 205/55/16
In a situation of this nature, perhaps you should consider the 225/55/17.
This way you get that requisite 5mm extra on the sidewall and the additional benefit of the 17 inch rim and of course the benefit of the 225 cross section width...

However, I would prefer to ask Ajmat, Behemoth, Akshay and others to recommend the best size.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 06:40   #425
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Lots of tyre manufacturers are now offering 215/65/16 size tyres - I ve seen MRF Wanderers, CEAT, Falken (which I bought), Michelin, Pirelli, GoodYear Wranglers and Bridgestone Duelers.

Good that finally there is some choice for Yeti owners.

The ones Im not seeing are Continental Cross Contact and Yokohamas. Sadly.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 10th April 2016 at 06:41.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 10:01   #426
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,819
Thanked: 4,160 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

The ones Im not seeing are Continental Cross Contact and Yokohamas. Sadly.
But I have a Yokohama Geolander AT's in my Yeti. You may search this thread, I believe I had put this up

EDIT - Here (Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

Last edited by Sheel : 10th April 2016 at 10:04.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 16:52   #427
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But I have a Yokohama Geolander AT's in my Yeti. You may search this thread, I believe I had put this up

EDIT - Here (Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
Lucky you. I would have bought those had they been available. Sadly they aren't easy to come by here in Bangalore at least.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 21:46   #428
BHPian
 
twinoctober's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Upsize from 16 inch to 17 inch -Yeti4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I saw a number of the Yeti's sitting about in Turkey whose tyres size is 205/55/16
In a situation of this nature, perhaps you should consider the 225/55/17.
This way you get that requisite 5mm extra on the sidewall and the additional benefit of the 17 inch rim and of course the benefit of the 225 cross section width...

However, I would prefer to ask Ajmat, Behemoth, Akshay and others to recommend the best size.

Hi Shankar Balan,

The red yeti with MRF wrangler is sporting wrong specs and above the permitted tolerance level of 2% in my opinion. I saw another one at the vinayak workshop too..
Upsize to17 is an option but good wheels cost a lot. 225/55/17 conti has it but stock is fast diminishing .
what series of falken do you have?
twinoctober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 06:53   #429
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Upsize from 16 inch to 17 inch -Yeti4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Hi Shankar Balan,

The red yeti with MRF wrangler is sporting wrong specs and above the permitted tolerance level of 2% in my opinion. I saw another one at the vinayak workshop too..
Upsize to17 is an option but good wheels cost a lot. 225/55/17 conti has it but stock is fast diminishing .
what series of falken do you have?
215/65/16 is within the tolerance limit and works perfectly with my Yeti as well.
Ask any of the others too, here, who have fitted these, Akshay, Behemoth and the like...
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 08:46   #430
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,819
Thanked: 4,160 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Here is the Geolander A/T's in the Yeti. Done approx 25 to 30K. Looks good for another 25 to 30K atleast.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-3c331a96fa1945baaa7b456200324997.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-4160dd3f7671484d8bb0f16be57edfad.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-a638c1c5810b4a1c81c4b425d30c0f8a.jpg  

Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 19:46   #431
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Sheel
These tyres look like they've got a lot of life left in them!

TwinOctober - I have the Falken Wildpeak HT 01 as recommended by several people on this forum. These are Solid tyres!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 08:15   #432
BHPian
 
twinoctober's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Thanks Shankar..Falken Looks good. I would prefer a 55 or 60 profile for my driving style.
I saw a tyre called ACCELERA from Indonesia ..thread pattern is real good and just Rs.5200, but never heard of these. I saw a BMW X5 fitted with these...Anyone here can shed some light
twinoctober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 09:37   #433
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Thanks Shankar..Falken Looks good. I would prefer a 55 or 60 profile for my driving style.
I saw a tyre called ACCELERA from Indonesia ..thread pattern is real good and just Rs.5200, but never heard of these. I saw a BMW X5 fitted with these...Anyone here can shed some light
The Falkens are indeed good.
The 65mm sidewall height is not going to hurt you any - the point is that 55 or 60 is lower and this does not really work in Bangalore with its bad roads and potholes.
Attached Images
 
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2016, 15:05   #434
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,869
Thanked: 4,927 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

So what Ive now done additionally is have these Wheel Arch Extenders installed.
OEM Skoda Product.
Ordered with Vinayak Skoda who in turn ordered them from Skoda India who brought them in from Skoda Czechoslovakia and had them sent in along with the special glue as well.
While I was travelling the whole of last week, the vehicle was picked up and these were fitted nicely on the arches.
It really makes a difference in the overall look of the vehicle and I guess it has its uses, while avoiding evil bikers and auto rickshaw apes on these dreadful Bangalore roads!
Hope they last and give me good service!
Attached Images
     
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2016, 18:57   #435
BHPian
 
twinoctober's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Shankar, the wheels arch extenders looking good (y)..How much did it cost you ?

sanjeev
twinoctober is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread nkrishnap Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 55 22nd March 2017 12:27
Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread kryptonite Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 129 4th March 2017 13:41
Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread jkdas Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 10 29th August 2016 17:08
Skoda Laura : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread deepakvrao Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 311 30th July 2016 17:21
Fiat Palio : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread shahmotors Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 635 9th February 2016 06:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks