Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 10th August 2017, 09:57   #556
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
I was thinking of BS Turanza ER 300 for few reasons, including the newly applied LL Carbon and O Bead II .
Also, the patterns look different and I personally like it.

I'm currently using XM2 and its going fine for the last 42K+ kms. However, I do the side walls getting chipped off and there are cracks on the tyres. Also, I see that the wheel spins often, when you accelerate a bit hard.Hence, I would want to change it now and thought of going with BS Turanza if thats a better option compared to XM2
I haven't used XM2 till date. Can you explain on what conditions you usually encounter wheel spins?

I've never had issues with any tyres in terms of grip other than the Goodyear tyres available from the factory. There used to be a momentary loss of grip on exiting corners at full throttle with speeds at 120+( a big plus). Even the Apollo's were way better.

One thing about the ER300 is that it gives some life to that dead steering and the steering becomes heavier. The downside? Higher cruising speeds is a norm due to increase in confidence levels.

The tyres have just about worn in and I'll be going on a trip in 2 weeks. I'll give a proper verdict then. Last time I went on a trip, the rear tyres hadn't worn in and the car felt like it was over steering while cornering at very high speed.

Never had a problem with sidewalls. Did go through some tough terrain. The roads in my area are completely dug up. No scratches are observed.

Wet grip is confidence inspiring in the city. Haven't tried it on the highway while raining.

Hope this helps.

Drive safe and happy shopping
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote