Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 2nd January 2006, 13:02   #1
BHPian

Exclamation 14" rims n tyres on zen lx bsIII

Hi all,

I recently put on 14" Tiara Rims with goodyear gt3 tubeless tyress on my 2005 zen lx. Even when the car is fully loaded, the tyre seems to scrape the underbody only from the front right hand side. what could be the issue here and are there any critical mods to be carries out?

The ride is fantastic and it handles as if on ice skates. the only niggling problem is the front right tyre scraping on bumps and on bad road patches. PLEASE HELP.

Regards,
Rev_hard

p.s: hi satya, i remember your help you gave when i was modding my elder bro's zen early last year. please help if possible
rev_hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 13:05   #2
BHPian

Exclamation Addition in data provided.

So sorry all,
I forgot to give specs of the tyres. its 175/60/r14 goodyear gt3's,

please help as soon as possible,
regards,

rev_hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard
Hi all,

I recently put on 14" Tiara Rims with goodyear gt3 tubeless tyress on my 2005 zen lx. Even when the car is fully loaded, the tyre seems to scrape the underbody only from the front right hand side. what could be the issue here and are there any critical mods to be carries out?

The ride is fantastic and it handles as if on ice skates. the only niggling problem is the front right tyre scraping on bumps and on bad road patches. PLEASE HELP.

Regards,
Rev_hard

p.s: hi satya, i remember your help you gave when i was modding my elder bro's zen early last year. please help if possible
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

I'm wondering how its not touching at the rear end.....
Anyways the wheel arches in the front dont have enough space to accomodate such wide tyre...
The only possible solution is that you can use spacers....
Plz post pics if u have...would love to see a zen in 14"..

KP
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 15:54   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hmm... Isn't a bit of an overkill to go 2 sizes up for the limited sized tire-archwells? Still, why only one wheel amongst all the 4 is scraping the arches?!! Hmmm... Could it be a problem of weaker front-right absorbers?
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 18:35   #5
BHPian

Default know of any gud place

hi KP,

i'm putting up in east of kailash. do you know of any reputed place where i can get the spacers mod done. or for that matter any other critical mod???

do let me know if u do

regards,
anuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
I'm wondering how its not touching at the rear end.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Anyways the wheel arches in the front dont have enough space to accomodate such wide tyre...
The only possible solution is that you can use spacers....
Plz post pics if u have...would love to see a zen in 14"..

KP
Old 2nd January 2006, 19:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dude.. first you will have to put low profile tires.. 14 inch on zen with 60 profile will definately touch.. DONT PUT SPACERS IN FRONT.. your ride at high speeds will be very dangerous.(kind of wobbly due to increased ride height) so please dont do it.. and the tires touching only in the front side get your suspensions checked....
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 20:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

i am planning to get new shoes for my zen.which is the lowest profile tyre available for 14 inch alloys..? will a 45 profile tyre on 14 inch rim touch the insides in a zen ?? which is the best rim size and tyre size combination for the zen? need your opinions guys.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 20:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

45 profile on a zen with 14 inch is good.. and i guess 5j rims should be ok if you are planning on a say 185/45 size..
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 20:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

the profile is too much..i had 45 profile on my zen with 14"..easier option just stiffen the suspension a bit..better handling and ride
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 21:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[left]hi KP,

i'm putting up in east of kailash. do you know of any reputed place where i can get the spacers mod done. or for that matter any other critical mod???

do let me know if u do

regards,
anuj
Try Kabir tyre house near alaknanda.....
The best thing would be Lajpat Nagar... Many good shops there..
Come to faridabad i'll get you done...

KP
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:19   #11
BHPian

Post stiff suspension

hi ice,

to stiffen the suspension do i have to change any components? or can the stock suspension itself be adjusted? if stock can be stiffened up will it really improve the ride and handling?

regards

anuj <=== totally confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
the profile is too much..i had 45 profile on my zen with 14"..easier option just stiffen the suspension a bit..better handling and ride
Old 3rd January 2006, 18:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

yeah there are two ways of doing it..one is to change the springs put stiffer ones and change the oil in the struts..other wise put in zen D suspension
total damage is around 5-6k but that suspension is good..all e-zens have that basically
Old 3rd January 2006, 18:56   #13
BHPian

Smile 5-6 k not happening man... not in the near future

hi ice,

i just gave my pocket a huge phatka of 45-50k (for the rims tyres and a pioneer kickass setup). can any thing be done with these stock shox. i'd really appreciate any eureka ideas you or any one else might have.

please help(sob.. sob..)

regards,
anuj

p.s.: are u in melbourne as in OZ melbourne? i was there for a couple years too. used to live in hawthorn (..... those were the days).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
yeah there are two ways of doing it..one is to change the springs put stiffer ones and change the oil in the struts..other wise put in zen D suspension
total damage is around 5-6k but that suspension is good..all e-zens have that basically
Old 3rd January 2006, 22:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey..well the cheaper alternative is spacers..which i do not approve..affect ride handling and life of suspension..
yes i am in melbourne..i live in southbank..just got here in july..studyin
Old 3rd January 2006, 22:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i'd really appreciate any eureka ideas you or any one else might have.

please help(sob.. sob..)

Only eureka solution is get Spacers... Else get your whole setup redone... another huge phatka...