Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 18th February 2011, 13:41   #1
BHPian

Question Questions on Logan and Accent Wheel Transplant?

I have just bought a Logan 1.5 DCI DLX and am not impressed with the OE JK Vectras. I also have a 2003 Accent CRDI currently shod with 195/50/R15 Yokohama S.Drives on 15 inch 6.5 J Lenso Alloys.
This is what i planned to do -
1) Fit the Logans tyres and rims as is on the Accent, as i will be using her very sparingly and may even sell her, havent decided yet.
2) Fit the Lensos from the Accent on the Logan and upgrade to 205/60/15 or 205/55/15 "comfort" tyres. I dont want anything sporty like the S. Drives because they are directional tyres and the car is going to be used mainly to ferry my mom and the chauffeur does not really understand these things. So I basically need comfortable tyres, which are not directional and will have low noise.

-The problem is the guy at Tyrex, Cochin said that the alloys can go on the Logan but the steel rims of the Logan cannot be fitted on the Accent as the nuts cannot be tightened. Is this true?

- What tyre would suit the Logan as per the requirements i mentioned above? I do not want to buy new alloys.

Your inputs and help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
hossdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2011, 15:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Questions on Logan and Accent Wheel Transplant?

Hi Hossdoc,

Before I comment on your post, just wanted to say Thanks for sharing an excellent review of the Logan (Link (Mahindra Logan 1.5 DLX Initial Impression)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdoc View Post
Fit the Lensos from the Accent on the Logan and upgrade to 205/60/15 or 205/55/15 "comfort" tyres.
Swapping the wheels shouldn't be a problem as both cars have the same PCD (100).

Ashutoshb says:

Quote:
The correct upsizes for the Logan are (stock size is 185/70 R14):

195/65 R14
195/60 R15
205/55 R15
BUT : Since the car is primarily used for your Mum, why even upsize the alloy wheels? Instead, put some quality 185 / 195 size tyres on the current 14" wheels. That will go a long way in retaining the Logan's excellent ride quality.

Quote:
The problem is the guy at Tyrex, Cochin said that the alloys can go on the Logan but the steel rims of the Logan cannot be fitted on the Accent as the nuts cannot be tightened.
I don't see why this would be the case. You can always buy nuts of a different size. Worst case scenario, buy OEM Accent steel wheels for 300 bucks each. Should be an easy find, if you really want to swap wheels.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 15:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Hossdoc,
Before I comment on your post, just wanted to say Thanks for sharing an excellent review of the Logan (Link (Mahindra Logan 1.5 DLX Initial Impression)).
Swapping the wheels shouldn't be a problem as both cars have the same PCD (100).
Ashutoshb says:
BUT : Since the car is primarily used for your Mum, why even upsize the alloy wheels? Instead, put some quality 185 / 195 size tyres on the current 14" wheels. That will go a long way in retaining the Logan's excellent ride quality.
I don't see why this would be the case. You can always buy nuts of a different size. Worst case scenario, buy OEM Accent steel wheels for 300 bucks each. Should be an easy find, if you really want to swap wheels.
Thank you so much for your inputs. Went to another place and they swapped the wheels without a problem. The reason why i needed to swap is that I may be (it sooooo hard to let go!!) selling the Accent and those 15 inch Lensos are really nice.
I traded in the 195/50/15 Yoko S Drives from the Accent for 195/60/15 Michelin Primacys, fitted those on the Lensos and thereafter on the Logan. Ride quality is unaffected and the car feels more stable and there is now less tyre noise.
My poor Accent now has the Logan's wheels and JK Vectras, but feels ok enough for short drives in the city which is all i use her for nowadays and if i do decide to sell the buyer gets 5 new tyres, albeit not very good ones. All in all a happy situation.
Thanks again!!
hossdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 21:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Hossdoc,

This is a brilliant question. I have another one for you GTO, is it feasible to have a transplant of steel wheels from 13" to 15"?

I own an Aveo UVA with 13" steel rims and have been contemplating an upgrade to 15" steel rims from the jazz, both share the same 100pcd. What i wanted to know is that the pcd might be the same but would the inner design of the jazz rim fit the UVA? Do steel rims have a universal design?

It'd be great if anyone could answer this, I can go ahead and source the jazz rims.
lionell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 11:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Default Wheel swap: Esteem to i -10

I am thinking of swapping the wheel tyre combo of my i-10 (155 80 R13 Apollo Aceleres) with the 175 70 R13 Michelins of my Esteem. Both have run 5k kms each.

I hope the PCDs match ?

I am looking to improve the shaky handling of the i - 10. And if the fuel efficiency of the Esteem improves after the swap, all the more better
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 11:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Wheel swap: Esteem to i -10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I am thinking of swapping the wheel tyre combo of my i-10 (155 80 R13 Apollo Aceleres) with the 175 70 R13 Michelins of my Esteem. Both have run 5k kms each.

I hope the PCDs match ?

I am looking to improve the shaky handling of the i - 10. And if the fuel efficiency of the Esteem improves after the swap, all the more better
Unlikely coz the PCD's don't match.
i10 --> wheels are 4.5J and 100 PCD
Esteem --> 114.3 PCD.

Think about it
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2012, 17:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

^^ Uh oh. Thanks RJ, for the alert.

I think I'll swap only the tyres then, in which case it will not be a DIY
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 20:00   #8
BHPian

What is the rim width and offset of Logan/verito oem rims.
I am trying to check if this the oem rims from Logan/verito can be used on the old verna along with 195 width tires
styx71 is offline   Reply With Quote