Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 20th July 2017, 16:04   #136
BHPian

Default Re: When is the right time to change tyres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Would still prefer changing all 4/5 tyres as a set.
Are you really sure of using A/T tyres on Aria OR is your off-road usage more than paved roads?
Update!

So to kill the dilemma, I went ahead and changed all 4 tyres as even the front tyres which seemed ok had cuts on the inner sidewalls.

Was clear on AT, spoke to a friend who is with Ceat and was earlier with Good Year, he suggested the Czar over the Wranglers, decided to go ahead with those, spoke to the dealer on the availability and went there only to find that the 235/65/17 are HT and not AT.
The AT has nearly identical tread pattern, with the outermost treads having a little additional spacing between them but was available only for Fortuner which is 265/65/17.
The dealer assured me of similar performance which I was not buying. Finally an email from the Ceat sales manager on full refund and replacement in case the tyres did not perform as per my expectations in the varied conditions, convinced me to pick those up.

And boy was I surprised or happy. The tyres are excellent, good highway manners, high speed stability, good braking plus a variety of road conditions and non-road conditions.

I used the tyres over 3500kms in a weeks time, out of which roughly 500kms or more were under off-road situations - gravel, mud, slush, small rocks, inclines, rocky stream crossings.

After returning there was no doubt whatsoever, these are going to stay. Got them at Rs. 8500 apiece.

Cheers!

Last edited by Trojan : 20th July 2017 at 16:06.
Trojan is offline   Reply With Quote