Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 24th November 2012, 10:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

Tweety has news that the event is on 8 / 9/10 of Feb and venue is Taj Landsend. Probably the last of the Cartier events for now as the chairman who is a car enthusiast is retiring.

Apparently a category is featuring " Shikar Cars " this time. Something that was not announced before but likely to be there.

The superb Indian from Ahmedabad has received it's invite amongst others as per Tweety !
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 11:59   #167
BHPian

Default re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

Hi Wasif, Seems to be a lot of Tweety birds flying around. Mine tells me of a number of cars having received invites, and of course , rejects. Tweety also whispered that those who have been invited are asked to be silent on the topic on this forum. Although one could have had a lively discussion on restorations of the chosen ones, we must respect their decision to go by the whip issued. As to the Shikar category, If I recall, it was there at the Delhi show as well, to justify certain cut bodied cars being selected. I have spoken to several experts who confirm that no manufacturer ever built cars specifically for Shikar. I am of course open to correction, provided I am shown copies of production records. Here amongst some, it has become a habit to modify cars and then spin a yarn and get some club/association to write a letter stating what has been asked to be stated. Such letters then are touted around, sometimes to hapless buyers, and prices raised. Who is the superb Indian from Ahmedabad? Do you mean Rajkot? Because he has got his invite and has been asked to not announce it at a press conference.
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 12:54   #168
Senior - BHPian

Agreed, Tweety is very busy these days.

Lots of confirmations have been received including the cut top Bikaner Buick, the 34 Caddy and 39 Buick Limo from Titus, a Ford A wagon from Delhi, a Rolls Nd MG A from Kolkata.

Yash's Rolls will not be there, apparently some doubt abou "one" having actually sat in it but his Minerva and MG A are in.

The Indian is the superb 1912 bike from Mr. Nath
Old 24th November 2012, 14:05   #169
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
That is a beautiful bike, very worthy of Cartier

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-indian-1912.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-wa...ml#post1080919 (1912 Indian Motocycle V Twin)
KPS is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 15:42   #170
BHPian

Quote:
And I thought you meant this "Indian" which coincidentally is also in Ahmedabad
Attached Thumbnails
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-indian.jpg  

67Bug is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 17:52   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

This car was restored in Indore but not with the curator. I am talking of a decade ago. Very worthy and with a great enthusiast ! Happy its chosen

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 22:48   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
This car was restored in Indore but not with the curator. I am talking of a decade ago. Very worthy and with a great enthusiast ! Happy its chosen

Cheers
Which car are u referring to KPS posted pictures of the Indian Bike that you quoted. Please clarify.

So lets try to put together a list of confirmed entries with pictures if possible.

Pity our neon king's Dodge was declined.

Any speculation about the other 29 or so bikes that will be featured.

Is the Caddy and the Chrysler from Hyderabad confirmed.

Tweety is always so selective when sharing information these days.
Old 24th November 2012, 23:37   #173
DKG
Senior - BHPian

So of the cars already selected what are the exotic fare? I was so looking forward to seeing the Roni Khan Bentley, what a disappointment. That's such an awesome car and now that she's complete would be so nice to see it at Cartier
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 23:46   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif

Which car are u referring to KPS posted pictures of the Indian Bike that you quoted. Please clarify.

So lets try to put together a list of confirmed entries with pictures if possible.

Pity our neon king's Dodge was declined.

Any speculation about the other 29 or so bikes that will be featured.

Is the Caddy and the Chrysler from Hyderabad confirmed.

Tweety is always so selective when sharing information these days.
The Indian bike I was referring to and which Chrysler ? The Krishnama one and also the Cadillac is one gem very deserving

Whose neon king ?

Last edited by kasli : 24th November 2012 at 23:47.
Old 25th November 2012, 06:21   #175
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Just learnt last night that a superb example of the Herald from the erstwhile Dharampur state was rejected

Last edited by DKG : 25th November 2012 at 06:35.
Old 25th November 2012, 17:39   #176
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tweety confirms that due to change in venue some cars may be dropped from the final list due to lack of parking space.

The confirmed entries from Bangalore are as below. The pictures are from the Forum taken at various points of time and does not reflect the present condition of the cars. As stated earlier it is expected that a few these could be dropped when the final list is out.

This 1909 Wolseley is as you know rebodied by the Curator.
Name:  1.JPG
Views: 983
Size:  470.0 KB

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-2.jpg

This 1919 Sunbeam is currently be re-restored
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  167.7 KB

This Healey has been one of Doc's family favourites
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  193.3 KB

This Graham, we all know was restored in Mumbai
Name:  5.JPG
Views: 650
Size:  434.6 KB

Harley from Doc could be a possible entry or could be dropped from the final list
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-6.jpg

Ariel Square 4 from Doc
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-7.jpg

The Mysore DE 27
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-8.jpg

The Humber, but she has changed colours
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-9.jpg

Ford AA, she looks different today
Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-10.jpg
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 19:32   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS

Tweety confirms that due to change in venue some cars may be dropped from the final list due to lack of parking space.

The confirmed entries from Bangalore are as below. The pictures are from the Forum taken at various points of time and does not reflect the present condition of the cars. As stated earlier it is expected that a few these could be dropped when the final list is out.

This 1909 Wolseley is as you know rebodied by the Curator.

This 1919 Sunbeam is currently be re-restored

This Healey has been one of Doc's family favourites ( Restored in Mumbai )

This Graham, we all know was restored in Mumbai

Harley from Doc could be a possible entry or could be dropped from the final list
( restored in Mumbai ex Toyota tech)

Ariel Square 4 from Doc

The Mysore DE 27

The Humber, but she has changed colours

Ford AA, she looks different today
Nice selection from south . The wolseley in my opinion looks a little misfit a change of colour would definitely bring it to stature . There was another car sporting a similar combo . Have to tap my head was a sunbeam or a Renault done up north and had this funny combo.

Cheers

Last edited by kasli : 25th November 2012 at 19:39.
Old 25th November 2012, 20:34   #178
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I think the first show set such a high standard that its proving to be quite a challenge to get cars of that calibre for subsequent shows. Except for the Healey none of the other cars from Doc seem interesting. I too personally don't like the way the Wolseley was finished, a simple black would have looked so much nicer. Sanghi has a nice Bentley hardtop coupe, and Delhi surely has quite a collection. Would be nice to see some cars from the Delhi collections, apart from Diljeet's cars. Is Mr Goenka's Bentley appearing? And the Pune convertible? And Momen's superb Bentley? Closer to home Mr Vakil's has some stunning Buicks really worth a view.

With Manvendra Singh's contacts I would have loved to see cars from the Jam Sahib and other royals appear atleast for the show. Even if not in running conditions cars like the Wankaner Ghost woud be fascinating to view. Is the Gondal 500k coming? Didn't Bubbles have a Thunderbird? Rajpipla apparently has a very original Packard 120 like mine still in original paint. So many gems hidden in people's garages, would have thought some never seen before cars should appear. Ganga Singhji of Bikaner had a 29 Cadillac tourer which I think has survived, would be lovely to see that car. The Dharampur E type is apparently a low mileage rarity, would love to see that beauty.

Cartier is a lovely platform for all these beauties to appear and I wish owners cooperated more to share their treasures.

I have no doubt that its a monumental effort to organise events of this nature. Efforts are on to get our family's LaSalle to participate, and it might. Given my uncle's age and car's safety during transportation he is understandably reluctant but a younger uncle just might convince him to send the car.

Last edited by DKG : 25th November 2012 at 20:40.
DKG is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 20:52   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I think the first show set such a high standard that its proving to be quite a challenge to get cars of that calibre for subsequent shows. Except for the Healey none of the other cars from Doc seem interesting. I too personally don't like the way the Wolseley was finished, a simple black would have looked so much nicer. Sanghi has a nice Bentley hardtop coupe, and Delhi surely has quite a collection. Would be nice to see some cars from the Delhi collections, apart from Diljeet's cars. Is Mr Goenka's Bentley appearing? And the Pune convertible? And Momen's superb Bentley? Closer to home Mr Vakil's has some stunning Buicks really worth a view.

With Manvendra Singh's contacts I would have loved to see cars from the Jam Sahib and other royals appear atleast for the show. Even if not in running conditions cars like the Wankaner Ghost woud be fascinating to view. Is the Gondal 500k coming? Didn't Bubbles have a Thunderbird? Rajpipla apparently has a very original Packard 120 like mine still in original paint. So many gems hidden in people's garages, would have thought some never seen before cars should appear. Ganga Singhji of Bikaner had a 29 Cadillac tourer which I think has survived, would be lovely to see that car. The Dharampur E type is apparently a low mileage rarity, would love to see that beauty.

Cartier is a lovely platform for all these beauties to appear and I wish owners cooperated more to share their treasures.

I have no doubt that its a monumental effort to organise events of this nature. Efforts are on to get our family's LaSalle to participate, and it might. Given my uncle's age and car's safety during transportation he is understandably reluctant but a younger uncle just might convince him to send the car.

It will good if the Lasalle makes it,it just needs a good clean ,polish and a set of tyres
Mohammed4rmhyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 22:24   #180
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed4rmhyd View Post
It will good if the Lasalle makes it,it just needs a good clean ,polish and a set of tyres
I suggested a new set of correct tyres be procured but apparently the organisers are okay with the car coming as is.