Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 27th November 2012, 19:30   #196
BHPian

Default re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Appeared in the Times of India , Mumbai page 8 . It was part of the cars and bikes displayed at the Press Conference .

Attachment 1018994
This bike came from Khandala in dead condition to Hyderabad & was restored by a dear friend of mine who rode it to Puna & back, then to Bangalore & back. It was then sold to the man in the back ground. Presently in Pune. If I am right this bike is also coming to carter.
jagadeesh.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 22:41   #197
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
This bike came from Khandala in dead condition to Hyderabad & was restored by a dear friend of mine who rode it to Puna & back, then to Bangalore & back. It was then sold to the man in the back ground. Presently in Pune. If I am right this bike is also coming to carter.
Is this Shashi's Indian? Maybe Cartier should invite his German Triumph too considering its rarity
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 22:47   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Is this Shashi's Indian? Maybe Cartier should invite his German Triumph too considering its rarity
DGK Sir,

Yes it is Sashi's Indian & TWN is going to Carter.
Old 27th November 2012, 22:52   #199
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DGK Sir,

Yes it is Sashi's Indian & TWN is going to Carter.
What about the Zundapp and the fab Sunbeams from Hyd? Arun's Ariel?
Old 27th November 2012, 22:55   #200
BHPian

Quote:
What about the Zundapp and the fab Sunbeams from Hyd? Arun's Ariel?
DGK Sir,

None of the Hyd Sunbeams are in Show Condition, No idea about Zundapp & Arun's Ariel is a No
Old 27th November 2012, 23:04   #201
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DGK Sir,

None of the Hyd Sunbeams are in Show Condition, No idea about Zundapp & Arun's Ariel is a No
There used to be one black and a red Sunbeam that appeared at our local shows which were really in superb condition. I hope they haven't been sold out of Hyd ! Chances are they may have if you say none of the ones remaining are in show condition
Old 27th November 2012, 23:36   #202
BHPian

Quote:
There used to be one black and a red Sunbeam that appeared at our local shows which were really in superb condition. I hope they haven't been sold out of Hyd ! Chances are they may have if you say none of the ones remaining are in show condition
DGK Sir,

As far as I know there are 7 Sunbeam S-7's in Hyderabad of which 2 black & 1 red ones used to attend Aug 15th & Jan 26th Rally, however they are in O.K. Condition none of these sunbeams are sold but one is for sale & owner wants exorbitant price.
jagadeesh.b is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 10:08   #203
Senior - BHPian

So are any bikes going from Hyderabad, what about the Gold Star and the Norton International ?
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 11:25   #204
BHPian

In an interview my good friend Viveck has confirmed that his lovely and rare Studebaker, Chrysler and 1949 Cheverolet have been entered. This was already known to many. The Studebaker is indeed a unique car, as is the shooting brake Chrysler, and keeping in mind his quality of restoration, both are potential prize winners. I am personally dissapointed though at the decision to enter a very ordinary 1949 Cheverolet, its only claim to fame being originally sourced and restored by Manvendra. Far better cars have not been invited.
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 13:36   #205
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
. I am personally dissapointed though at the decision to enter a very ordinary 1949 Chevrolet,
Well a 1947 Chevrolet will be joining this car from Bangalore (instead of the Ford AA).
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 13:43   #206
BHPian

KPS, You state that a 1947 cheverolet will be replacing a ford. How is that possible? I was not aware that entrants could chop and change their entries. I guess if Cartier has come down to 1947 chevys, a 1949 is more desirable, by comparision. The TVS chevy would have been a nice one , where chevys are concerned, but was rejected.
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 13:49   #207
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
I was not aware that entrants could chop and change their entries.
My mistake, I had earlier wrongly confirmed Ford AA instead of the 47 Chevy. The Ford AA was also considered but dropped
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 18:09   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
So are any bikes going from Hyderabad, what about the Gold Star and the Norton International ?
Hi Wasif,

So far only TWN(German Triumph).
Old 28th November 2012, 22:39   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji
Kasli, Todays Bombay Samachar, Indian Express and Afternoon also have carried pictures of Dnyanesh's beautiful bike, Yash's MG and Viveck's Packard. All three gentlemen of course are members of this forum.
Hi Bulldogji just a clarification that Dnyanesh is,not a member of this forum though he does enjoy reading the comments posted from time to time. I thought i should clarify this as his silence is purely due to his abscence :-)

Last edited by the mole : 28th November 2012 at 22:49.
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 10:41   #210
BHPian

Thanks. But can we persuade Dnyanesh to join? I am sure his contributions will interest many. The bikes shown, and selected are great, though I must confess , my knowledge of bikes is limitied to the few we had, now none, after some rather traumatic accidents. The last bike we had was a BMW with a mousetrap racing carb. The throttle had only two positions. Full open, and closed. In todays traffic can you imagine riding such a bike??
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote