Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 31st August 2012, 17:47   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

Shrivardhan, I am sure that your RR Roadster will be accepted, for each event Cartier are always looking for Roadsters. I am even expecting a 4 door Roadster to be entered. But I would have prefered if you had applied to enter the Moon. A rare car, probably the only one in India, there will be many RR's of different caliber around, including a preserved one being spruced up in your city. Just a personal opinion.

I am putting up half a Moon, hope you will show the complete car sometime.

Cheers harit
Attached Images

Last edited by harit : 31st August 2012 at 17:49.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 18:47   #77
BHPian

Default re: Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Shrivardhan, I am sure that your RR Roadster will be accepted, for each event Cartier are always looking for Roadsters. I am even expecting a 4 door Roadster to be entered. But I would have prefered if you had applied to enter the Moon. A rare car, probably the only one in India, there will be many RR's of different caliber around, including a preserved one being spruced up in your city. Just a personal opinion.

I am putting up half a Moon, hope you will show the complete car sometime.

Cheers harit
Sir, As I have applied for my RR, the acceptance depends on the Cartier Panel of judges. There is no intimation as of now. But I would respect their decision, be it whatever, as they are eminent in this field. As for the Moon , she is unrestored at the moment, and I would commence restoration in 2013 if all goes well. As according to the President of the Moon Club (Grandson of the founder), and going by the records registered with this club, My Moon (1920 6-42 Export Touring) is one of the two surviving in this world, the other being in 'Haynes International Motor Museum'. See link http://mooncars.wordpress.com/car-photos/...

Regards to all..
Shrivardhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 07:29   #78
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrivardhan View Post
As for the Moon , she is unrestored at the moment .......
Regards to all..
This would have been a very good entry for the Preservation Class Category.

Name:  1920642moonexporttouring1.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  86.0 KB

The cars looks very original in the pictures, Shrivardhan. Can you please share the history of this wonderful car.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 07:50   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
This would have been a very good entry for the Preservation Class Category.

Attachment 979295

The cars looks very original in the pictures, Shrivardhan. Can you please share the history of this wonderful car.

Cheers

KPS
Dear KPS, this is a 'Maharaja of Udaipur-Mewar' car (1st owners). We are having it since the 1980's. Regards.
Shrivardhan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 15:17   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...........As for the Moon , she is unrestored ..........Regards to all..
Quote:
This would have been a very good entry for the Preservation Class Category..........Cheers KPS
Quote:
Dear KPS, this is a 'Maharaja of Udaipur-Mewar' car (1st owners).......... Regards.
Well the Moon is a very worthy car, at one time it was rumored that Vijay M had bought it. If Shrivardhan likes, I will send my pictures to him by mail, I have two frontal pictures.
I believe that some time the Udaipur family did sell the car and it landed up with a lawyer who also had a very early Indian bike.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 16:26   #81
BHPian

Hi Shrivardhan, I agree with Harit. Your Moon would have been a lovely entry. But, you know best. Maybe in the next Cartier? It would be interesting to know the basis on which cars will be selected. Tweety bird tells me, preference will be given looking at the profile of the owners.
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 19:07   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Hi Wasif, My tweety bird .....be part of the general public meeting friends and having a good time.
Quote:
.......would make a concious effort visiting the show this time. ....Regards to all !!
What is this tweety bird? Grapewine!
When Cartier announced that they are inviting applications, and when I heard that some owners were asked to mail their applications even after they had been verbally told that their cars are selected, I was under the impression that Cartier had changed their method of selection, not all left in one hand. But when we hear the number of cars being selected, moreover being readied for the show, it makes me wonder if there is a "buddy" club at work. As it looks like, there will be a huge number of cars on display, maybe 80+. It is fair to say that some cars have to be located and selected, like Pranlal's cars, like preservation cars, even Nizams Napiers for the wow effect(in terms of car and owner), but some of the cars being informed like a Bentley MK VI do not stand out to warrant special treatment.
Never mind, we'll watch the developments. For those who want to know, I entered my Dodge Custom Royal which qualifies for several reasons, just have to be patient. And if not selected, maybe I will be invited to admire the cars and meet various personalities from around India. Finally, if nothing comes my way, then there is t-bhp where the pictures will surely be posted.
Why so much mysterious ambience I wonder.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 19:16   #83
BHPian

Nice! Are visitors allowed? If yes where can we get passes? Would really love to attend. Have always been fascinated by classic and vintage cars, but have never been to a rally / show / concours. Any info??

Thanks. Cheers
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 19:39   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Nice! Are visitors allowed? If yes where can we get passes? Would really love to attend. Have always been fascinated by classic and vintage cars, but have never been to a rally / show / concours. Any info??

Thanks. Cheers
LOL....you need to find yourself a tweety bird for thsi kind of info !
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 11:16   #85
BHPian

Thumpingheart, If you are a cartier customer, current or prospective, expect to receive an invitation. If not, you have to be close to the organizers and hope to get invited. Sadly, they do not sell tickets so many enthusiasts are deprived of seeing some lovely cars. But then, it is all about Cartier, not cars.
Old 14th September 2012, 08:23   #86
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

This is just a hypothetical question and speculative in nature. So the actual owner should take notice of this disclaimer.

Isn't this car a great candidate for the "Preservation Class" ? I just love the looks of this 1933 Studebaker. What is the history of this car?

Previously posted by xtremepower
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post2156748 (Studebaker and Nash Cars in India)

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscn1156.jpg

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscn1157.jpg

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscn1158.jpg

Third Cartier Concours d'Elegance: Feb 2013 in Mumbai (PICS on Page 19)-dscn1166.jpg

Cheers

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 14th September 2012 at 08:40.
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 11:01   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is just a hypothetical question and speculative in nature. So the actual owner should take notice of this disclaimer.

Isn't this car a great candidate for the "Preservation Class" ? ...........Cheers KPS
You cheeky fellow, tweety bird has visited you too? This is a confirmed entry, presently being restored, rare and lovely car with royal antecedents. Its not going in the preservation class.
I also heard about a big number of MG's being entered, again buddy system at work.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2012, 15:49   #88
BHPian

Fifteen days have passed since the last date for entries. Has anyone got a response? Karl, Harit, Shrivardhan, etc??
Old 16th September 2012, 10:52   #89
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Fifteen days have passed since the last date for entries.
What was the car preparation lead time given for the Delhi Cartier. Considering that Cartier cars are expected to be in good running condition, guess a 2-3 months lead time should be good. Based on the previous posts, I guess that there is going to the a mix invitees and applicants. It would surely take time for the confirmations to come considering that final list will get approved in London.
I have sent a mail for my Plymouth but as I have expressed in the PB Thread, whether Plymouth as a marque will excite Cartier remains to be seen. The encouragement from Bhpian's/KVCCC on the Plymouth gave me this courage to give it a try.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 13:38   #90
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I am pretty sure there are two entry routes to the concours. One is through the gmail application where some cars may get selected and invited. The other is the system of the curator inviting owners individually. I wouldn't be surprised if for the really sought after cars Cartier continues to foot the bill for transportation too.

So to answer your question I am pretty certain all the main entries were finalised long time ago and cars are well on their way to being spruced up.

I didn't receive any acknowledgement for the application so there's no telling if it was even considered !
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote