Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 7th June 2012, 12:06   #31
BHPian

Default Re: PICS : Vintage Cars drive to Mahableshwar (24th to 26th Feb 2012)

Thats a thought, but, speedy, we need like minded people and a small group otherwise logistics will become a nightmare.Already we have about ten guys ready. I feel we should limit ourselves to fifteen max. Why dont we meet up one evening and have some prelimenary talks so see if the idea is viable? Cars must be in good nick and participants must be prepared for a hard time. Out of towners, if personally known to any of us are more than welcome. And Karl, of course you and any of the fiat guys who want to suffer alongwith us are welcome.

Last edited by Bulldogji : 7th June 2012 at 12:08.
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 11:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Thats a thought, but, speedy, we need like minded people and a small group otherwise logistics will become a nightmare.Already we have about ten guys ready. I feel we should limit ourselves to fifteen max. Why dont we meet up one evening and have some prelimenary talks so see if the idea is viable? Cars must be in good nick and participants must be prepared for a hard time. Out of towners, if personally known to any of us are more than welcome. And Karl, of course you and any of the fiat guys who want to suffer alongwith us are welcome.
Sir with everyones vast friends bank on the group, invites can be sent to who ever is deemed fit. This restricts the crowd and only like minded people are present, to further restrict only people from the north enroute to Ladakh can be invited.
The doors of Willingdon club or NSCI club are always open to hold the meetings.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 16:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

I was invited for the Zapp function and also later, to this drive by Aniruddh, Amol, Harit and a few more of my friends. I had no idea that VCCCI was involved. Unfortunately i was unable to come as there was a wedding in the family for one event and iad a prior commitment for an offroading event for the other.

Any ways its unfortunate if anyone has blamed, directly or indirectly, anyone for whatever they have on the grounds of funds. Im sure all involved the elite hobby of vehicles of the past are more than capable financially not to indulge in some kind of misappropriation.

How i see it...as someone who was not involved in these tow events;

VCCCI is not stupid to blame someone like Kasli for what they apparently have. It might be hearsay or miscommunicated. If they however have, which only Kasli will be able to specify, it is highly unfortunate and not is good taste. Better to let Kasli sit and sort it out alone with them as should anyone else who's name has been misused. Forming a group of people to go and sort it out with VCCCI is not, IMHO a good idea at present but then its just my take on things. If Kasli, after the meeting is dissatisfied with the outcome, we as his friends and supporters should, then and only then take the matter with VCCCI and sort it out. Im sure that VCCCI did not mean slandering Kasli for such preposterous reasons. As i said earlier, consider the chances of the whole issue being miscommunicated. If Kasli is hurt, which any self respecting person will and should be, then we must take it up after he has exhausted his options of clarifying with the club but from what i read above he is saying that things are clarified (Please correct me if im wrong, i may have misunderstood also) So take it one step at a time please and dont rush this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Maybe we can expect some participation from your off roading pals and you.
Amol, have an event in the wild and ill guarantee participation of the Mudcats, as we call ourselves. I have the good opportunity of having interest in both, classic and vintage cars as well as a love for offroading, just like Speedy.

Quote:
Hi Mole, When is the next drive? New zealand? How about Ladakh next year? That will really be a test of man and machine. Kasli and you worked hard to make the Mahableshwar trip memorable for all of us.
Ladakh is a very optimistic venue, especially for Vintage and Classic cars given the lack of Oxygen there and the spartan nature of the older gen engines. Also the logistics of getting there and back are quite scary. But if Ladakh is the choice, i would like to attend along with some of my Offroading buddies, in our 4X4 vehicles.

Quote:
Why dont we meet up one evening and have some prelimenary talks so see if the idea is viable? Cars must be in good nick and participants must be prepared for a hard time. Out of towners, if personally known to any of us are more than welcome. And Karl, of course you and any of the fiat guys who want to suffer alongwith us are welcome.
For any kind of meeting may i offer my humble place, Gratis for such a meeting. You are all welcome anytime.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 16:52   #34
BHPian

Hi Gogi, I have been to Leh in a good old ambassador with a S U carb with no problems . Hence the thought , given that the cars we are planning the drive with do have older but more powerful drive trains. Fuel injected cars we cant do much with, carbs can be played around with , tough I agree but thats the fun part. Problems I forsee are fuel availability as these gas guzzlers dont have the range modern cars have so we may end up carrying huge amounts of fuel. Another problem area is suspension components and brake issues with rubber washer failure at those heights, for which no logical explanation comes to mind.Lets meet and toss some ideas around? On the Zapp issue, VCCCI must , even if not on the forum, explain their side and how they feel more money was taken out than deposited by the mahableshwar run participants. I retierate, if that is the case we will happily donate the difference.
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 18:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Actually older cars with their rudimentary carburation can be safely driven without much or no performance loss in the plains and high altitudes with ease.

Its the cars with a bit modern carbs that will have issues. I remember when I used to drive to ooty from Bangalore in a Maruti 800 as the altitude increased the car would develop a knock while acelerating and there would be loss of power. This is because of its precise metering not able to adjust to thinner air.

It would be a good idea to restrict participation to only well maintained cars and maybe 6 cylinders and up....and Austin7 or Ford Model A would be a bit of trouble.

V16 and his Mudcats could carry fuel and help with recoveries if needed !

I wish I could come along too such long distance drives are so much fun !! I have travelled all over India by car and just enjoy it !

One of my dreams is to drive the karakoram highway one day !

All the best to you all and hope the drive happens
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 20:23   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Actually older cars with their rudimentary carburation can be safely driven without much or no performance loss in the plains and high altitudes with ease.

It would be a good idea to restrict participation to only well maintained cars and maybe 6 cylinders and up....and Austin7 or Ford Model A would be a bit of trouble.

V16 and his Mudcats could carry fuel and help with recoveries if needed !

All the best to you all and hope the drive happens

Wasif bhai, the last drive included Classics and recent Classics too, so for the kind of drive these guys are planning a VW Beetle is Perfectly suited

It can go anywhere, do anything what other cars could even dread to think of. Wish i could join you guys on this drive if it happens
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 17:45   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Since many of us have had an experience of organising informal events with fellow enthusiasts, drives or get-togethers, we should think ahead as many are now coming forward to be a part of our activities.

Leh, Ladakh may be very ambitious, but we could consider to have drives to other cities when other clubs have their rallies. We could drive to Bangalore, to Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Delhi, the country is large enough. Modalities can be worked out, some may drive their cars, others may have them driven, another may want to transport their car. Enthusiasts can pool resources and go jointly in a car, so many posibilities. The aim is to have fun with enthusiasts in our hobby.

At one time all the clubs and associations were linked to THE club of India, but we see that more and more are breaking away. We need not to continue that trend, we can bond with other enthusiasts by ourselves and further the movement.

Mahableshwar drive is over subscribed, we'll work for more.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 17:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Mahableshwar drive is over subscribed, we'll work for more.Cheers harit
Yes indeed it is oversubscribed, that only shows that the number of owners interested in endurance runs and driving to destinations in like minded company is increasing.

Your idea to drive or participate in other city runs is good. A good starting point would be for all clubs to cooperate and put together a calender of events on a common forum like Team BHP. Someone needs to take initiative to do this. Pre planning will make such initiatives a success who knows sometime in the future cars from abroad may also join us on our little jaunts.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 13:05   #39
BHPian

I was today informed that the mahableshwar trip accounts submitted by Anirudh were in fact incorrect, so Nitin was right. If this is true, Nitin stands vindicated. Apparently Anirudh has now from his own pocket refunded VCCCI Rs eighteen thousand. Anirudh, please let us all know our respective share of the refund to VCCCI as there is no reason for you to pay . Simple accounts, how could such a mistake be made? I cannot understand.
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 17:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was today informed that the mahableshwar trip accounts submitted by Anirudh were in fact incorrect, so Nitin was right. If this is true, Nitin stands vindicated. Apparently Anirudh has now from his own pocket refunded VCCCI Rs eighteen thousand. Anirudh, please let us all know our respective share of the refund to VCCCI as there is no reason for you to pay . Simple accounts, how could such a mistake be made? I cannot understand.
This also clears that VCCCI did owe back a certain amount! And gave the 50000 without use of force, when it was, if the final account is clear, 32000.
Anirudh, Please do let us know, what each one of us owe you.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 18:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,Aniruddh has now submitted the copy of accounts to me.

I will audit them independently this weekend and settle the matter once and for all. As i have mentioned earlier it appears to be a simple case of a silly errors in accounting. My accountant is sorting out all the entries as we speak. I have also called for details from Club Mahableshwar will balance the accounts and close the chapter and submit it to VCCCI with Aniruddh.

I Will will be in touch with people individually if there is a shortfall on any ones account as Aniruddh is travelling. But i guarantee there is no vested interest on the part of VCCCI or Aniruddh just plain and simple human errors. Thank you for your understanding.

Meanwhile gear up for the next run!!!

Last edited by the mole : 12th July 2012 at 18:24.
the mole is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 19:17   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji
Hi, I have seen the account sheet and they have mentioned a balance payable of Rs 18,630 outstanding . I have not seen it in detail but cleared this amount as I really cannot take any bull **** from VCCCI on any accounts related matter and their bearers on numbers which they have settled almost after a while for their busy schedules . The exact penny wise was given and also explained . As I am out have sent it to Amol to cross verify all with the club and shall see it on my return with him. If the error is on my side in any way shall be adjusted and informed. Which I still doubt on it.

Cheers
kasli is offline   Reply With Quote