Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 07:21   #61
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 4,556 Times
Default Re: KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Could you tell me what this was? Couldn't figure out..
This is a 1939 Austin 14 owned by the KVCCC president and has been in long term ownership.
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 21:33   #62
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 4,556 Times
Default Re: KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
I do agree that impala needs some cosmetic restoration
Hi Arun,

I was seeing the pictures of the car from 2009 Gardenia Rally & 2012 Taj Rally. Clearly there has been not much change in the car exterior, hence I guess that the car is in a covered parking. I would suggest that when you plan to start the restoration, please first start working on the trims first. For my Dodge, it took me almost 2 years to get the Hood Emblem. Parts are costly, hence start collecting. If you are patient you could pick some good deals. Once you have the trims to your satisfaction then only start the rest of the work as the mechanical's are good.

2009 Rally
KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-chev.jpg

2012 Rally
KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End-chev1.jpg
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 14:48   #63
BHPian
 
ARUN.V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Hi Arun,

I was seeing the pictures of the car from 2009 Gardenia Rally & 2012 Taj Rally. Clearly there has been not much change in the car exterior, hence I guess that the car is in a covered parking. I would suggest that when you plan to start the restoration, please first start working on the trims first. For my Dodge, it took me almost 2 years to get the Hood Emblem. Parts are costly, hence start collecting. If you are patient you could pick some good deals. Once you have the trims to your satisfaction then only start the rest of the work as the mechanical's are good.
Yes, the car is in a covered parking. I will definitely consider your suggestions while taking up further restoration. I do agree that the trims are to be concentrated first as they play a very important part in giving a look to the car and the parts are very costly. I have also imported some cosmetic parts for the vehicle. Which model of Dodge do you have, is it completely restored or under restoration.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 11th May 2012 at 15:47. Reason: Fixing quote
ARUN.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 19:52   #64
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 4,556 Times
Default Re: KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUN.V View Post
Which model of Dodge do you have, is it completely restored or under restoration.
I am currently restoring a 1954 Dodge Convertible

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 16:24   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 239
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End

Hi,
Does anybody know where the upholstery work was done on the Standard Herald that was at the show (the red interiors)? I am thinking of a similar job on my Fiat.
Cheers
car love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 20:37   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
funkykar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,358
Thanked: 1,727 Times
Default Re: KVCCC Rally- 29th April'12 at Taj West End

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Hi,
Does anybody know where the upholstery work was done on the Standard Herald that was at the show (the red interiors)? I am thinking of a similar job on my Fiat.
Cheers
Hey!
Just PM Pavan Kadam, he knows a very good liner who does all his cars and also doing Arun's Fiat currently. He is a pro in Vintage cars upholstery!
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore Classic Car Rally by KVCCC - 11th October, 2015 KPS Vintage Cars & Classics in India 17 19th October 2015 11:45
India Superbike Festival to be hosted in Pune on 28th and 29th April _raVan_ Superbikes & Imports 16 17th May 2012 20:31
Chandigarh Supercar Show : 29th May @ the Taj CannonBall Club Super-Cars & Imports in India 49 10th July 2011 09:19
Chris Pfeiffer visiting India. 29th April - 7th May. EDIT:In Ahmedabad 31st Mar 2011 Scorcher Superbikes & Imports 50 24th March 2011 11:04
Taj Connemara to Taj Mahal : West India Roadtrip josepeter Route / Travel Queries 31 11th February 2010 10:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks