Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 18th October 2012, 13:16   #46
BHPian

Default Re: PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta

Hi kasli, The RR of the Nizam I believe was started courtesy Diljeet, who very kindly sent his mechanic, a sikh gentleman if I recall, to Indore to assist Manvinder. Hope the Napiers are given a sympathetic restoration, not a high gloss paint job. Harit, what conflict of interest are you talking about??
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 13:44   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
The relevance is that its the RR of Mallya & participated in the same event. The same person who started the RR of Nizam will start the Napiers. Who that person is I dont know ? .Cheers
Thanks. I thought that again the Rolls are being mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Hi kasli, The RR of the Nizam I believe was started courtesy Diljeet, who very kindly sent his mechanic, a sikh gentleman if I recall, to Indore to assist Manvinder. Hope the Napiers are given a sympathetic restoration, not a high gloss paint job. Harit, what conflict of interest are you talking about??
Do both of you mean to say that only one person started the 1912 Ghost of the Nizam? There were more mechanics involved, one from abroad and one Deshi.

Conflict of interest I see is in selecting a car for the event, restoring it, and then competing for a prize, all in the same hands.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 14:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

Conflict of interest I see is in selecting a car for the event, restoring it, and then competing for a prize, all in the same hands.

Cheers harit
Sorry for sounding dense, But where is the CONFLICT ??
Bulldogji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 16:09   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the same car shown in the Sanghi workshop (Economic Times June 2012) - on the right in the picture.

Name:  Sanghi RR SG and PII.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  24.0 KB Name:  Bombay20RR20PII20maybe20cropped.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  27.8 KB

The main feature car MP09- is identified as PI Chassis 64-EF (Nawab Moin-ud-Din Dowla) though labelled as "Nizam of Hyderabad"
travancore is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 18:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

LOL..so the peremier authority on vintage cars in India and the premier restorer in India can not handle mechanical work on these cars ? How sad !
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 12:46   #51
BHPian

Wasif, in all fairness, it must be said that Manvinder always tells his customers that he will only restore cosmetics. He admits that mechanicals are beyond him. Therefore it is incorrect to label him a premier restorer. At best, well he does a decent metal/ paint/ detailing job. His knowledge about old cars in the country is formidable. Few know what he does. If only he would share, but then , if wishes were horses, pigs would fly.
Bulldogji is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 14:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
Here is the same car shown in the Sanghi workshop (Economic Times June 2012) - on the right in the picture.

The main feature car MP09- is identified as PI Chassis 64-EF (Nawab Moin-ud-Din Dowla) though labelled as "Nizam of Hyderabad"
Side profile of the Sanghi RR
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-p6030251.jpg  

67Bug is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 13:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys enjoying old pictures? Just before I left on my trip I also received a set of approx 50 pics of an old IARC event of which I will post some when I find them. Wify did spring cleaning in my absence. But all very very interesting. And just note how we lose track of cars and historyCheers harit
Hi Harit

Did you manage to sort out your 50 pictures of the IARC rally. You had mentioned you would post some. Just thinking if you've done so you can post them for us to see those car.
Cheers
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 19:22   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Comments from post #20 onwards:
The BLB Ford A was restored by a garage owner at Khedwadi called Pednekar, aka Dada. This car was sold almost immediately after this rally for a high price at that time and went into the Maharashtra country side. Helping Pednekar was Solanki. This Pednekar also did work on the Styer.
We see the BLB registered Model A Ford resurface, at the recent Delhi Statesman affair, albeit now in a rather loud yellow.

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-cars14.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:19   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
We see the BLB registered Model A Ford resurface, at the recent Delhi Statesman affair, ...........
Sirjee, I am intrigued. Where did you get that photo from? Any more to be seen there? What was posted on t-bhp on this event is negligible.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:27   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sirjee, I am intrigued. Where did you get that photo from? Any more to be seen there? What was posted on t-bhp on this event is negligible.

Cheers harit
My mistake. The picture is from a set available at this link

http://www.facebook.com/events/20279...8592919611495/

This link was posted at this link

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vinta...ml#post3044431
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2013, 16:58   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
We see the BLB registered Model A Ford resurface, at the recent Delhi Statesman affair, albeit now in a rather loud yellow.
Apparently the car came from Pune. This article appeared in the Statesman paper on the 17th

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-untitled.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 15:03   #58
Senior - BHPian

Ok so yesterday I went in to my garage searching for some bike stuff and I found, among other things another Album with a few photographs of cars that took part in the VCCCI Rally of 1988, that I hadn't posted the last time. I couldn't find my Fluorescent High-lighter though ...
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-mmg-2832-ford-h.jpg  

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-ady-3004-h.jpg  

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-mrf-6454-1933-chevrolet-hemant-merchant-h.jpg  

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-tariks-daimler-h.jpg  

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-bld-888-pranlal-bhogilal-bentley-h.jpg  

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-rolls-h.jpg  

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-mmy-1932-rolls-bhogilal-h.jpg  

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-byf-1033-h.jpg  

PICS : 88 VCCCI Rally & 85 IARC Vintage car & motorcycle Fiesta-mmy-6966-chevy-h.jpg  

deutscheafrikar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote