Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2012, 01:41   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Vintage & Classic Car Drive to Sula (Nasik) in Jan 2013

Harit,

Try and catch hold of this guy Vinaykumar Chumble who has good collection of vintage cars and bikes and is active member of HVOCT.

nashik has lots of vintage beauties.

Behram sir off topic did u start work on your rajdoot?

Hope to catch you up this time in nashik and a glimpse of MRY...

Regards,
Ranjit
Old 12th December 2012, 13:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawabiker View Post
Try and catch hold of this guy Vinaykumar Chumble who has good collection of vintage cars and bikes and is active member of HVOCT.

nashik has lots of vintage beauties.
I have already spoken to Vinaykumar, they are planning something maybe a small drive jointly. Details will emerge as soon as the date draws closer, As of now people we are all headed to Nashik.
Old 12th December 2012, 13:12   #18
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I am seriously thinking of restoring my Hillman and leaving it in Bombay with one of you so that I can join on these drives regularly.
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 13:25   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

DKG , If i remember last is that you just needed tires to change on the hillman . Send it : ) at least I will get a chance to sit in that car. Wonderful she was when I saw her last

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I am seriously thinking of restoring my Hillman and leaving it in Bombay with one of you so that I can join on these drives regularly.

Last edited by kasli : 12th December 2012 at 13:30.
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 13:32   #20
BHPian

Deepak, till such time as the Hillman makes it to bombay you are welcome to join us by driving my car. It will be my pleasure.
Bulldogji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 15:50   #21
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Deepak, till such time as the Hillman makes it to bombay you are welcome to join us by driving my car. It will be my pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
DKG , If i remember last is that you just needed tires to change on the hillman . Send it : ) at least I will get a chance to sit in that car. Wonderful she was when I saw her last

Cheers
On Jan 29th we are riding down to Goa for the national Harley meet so making it to this event will be close,

Bulldogji will certainly join you if I am not able to get the Hillman to form quickly.

Kasli considering the many years of service she has put in the Hillman could do with some tlc and over all restoration. She's such a lovely car to drive and so original and complete that I feel it's worth spending the money to take her back to showroom spec.
Old 12th December 2012, 15:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

DKG , TLC agree but the pleasure of using a stock car as is its a different ball game and cant explain. So suggest check her and change the tires & overhaul the brakes and enjoy the car thoroughly. Opening and closing is not always the solution.

Bombay to Goa is shorter

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
On Jan 29th we are riding down to Goa for the national Harley meet so making it to this event will be close,

Bulldogji will certainly join you if I am not able to get the Hillman to form quickly.

Kasli considering the many years of service she has put in the Hillman could do with some tlc and over all restoration. She's such a lovely car to drive and so original and complete that I feel it's worth spending the money to take her back to showroom spec.
Old 12th December 2012, 21:51   #23
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DKG , TLC agree but the pleasure of using a stock car as is its a different ball game and cant explain. So suggest check her and change the tires & overhaul the brakes and enjoy the car thoroughly. Opening and closing is not always the solution.

Bombay to Goa is shorter

Cheers
Cars were never meant to last 58 years. This car has never been opened up but it's foolish to use it without renewing all the rubber and ensuring proper lubrication. it will wear out in no time if I used it without addressing basic care issues. let me get it back in form and start using it. We stopped using it in 96 so 16 years of non use is no ordinary time span.
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2012, 13:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hi biker, As Kasli said, we are staying at Sula. We should catch up in any way, we should take our cars out of Sula for a spin, and we should catch up with you and your group. Question, how do we do this? Do PM your moble no to be able to talk to you. This time we will plan an itenary in advance, I hope we don't need to reserve parking again

Cheers harit
Sir, I have sent you my contact details via PM. Please let me know in advance in order to plan properly
Old 2nd January 2013, 20:17   #25
BHPian

Dear All,

Any update on this front?? Kindly let me know
350biker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 02:54   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350biker View Post
Dear All,

Any update on this front?? Kindly let me know
The drive is very much on. 16 cars n total . More to come soon on which cars and the timing or schedule

Cheers
Old 4th January 2013, 07:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
The drive is very much on. 16 cars n total . More to come soon on which cars and the timing or schedule

Cheers
That is great news !! Looking forward to meeting you all in Nasik along with our Jawas and Yezdis. Could you please PM me your number? Would like to speak to you regarding the meet.
Old 6th January 2013, 17:47   #28
BHPian

The Taj, Nasik is very keen to display our cars and have a little event on one of the days. What does everyone think?
Old 6th January 2013, 18:06   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
The Taj, Nasik is very keen to display our cars and have a little event on one of the days. What does everyone think?
Game with the plan & why not ! Let everyone enjoy and also the local guys can join there also.

but my suggestion would be why not display the same on 26th morning till noon end with lunch or on the day we reach ? Or do high tea and a display post lunch on 26th Jan.

Anything is fine with me . Let everyone give their views also.

Cheers

Last edited by kasli : 6th January 2013 at 18:31.
Old 6th January 2013, 18:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am for the display and why not? It's a great opportunity to meet up with local car owners and have an event. Freeze the 26th that way the local owners can also gear up accordingly. Morning is preferable even high tea at the taj would be good.
Closed Thread