Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 17th April 2013, 10:29   #16
BANNED

Default Re: Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I believe that this would have been a Datsun, why was the front show modified I don't know. Maybe an accident, and then parts were not available, but the car could have been made to look much better.

I see that Bangalore is also into fun events.

Cheers harit
There were 2 chop job cars at the event.

The Datsun and the other so called 1950 VAUXHALL SPORTS PROTOTYPE The only one in the country
Attached Thumbnails
Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!-thatsooon.jpg  

Attached Images

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 12:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
There were 2 chop job cars at the event.
The Datsun and the other so called 1950 VAUXHALL SPORTS ROTOTYPE The only one in the country
In my humble opinion (IMHO), these are not what you would call chop jobs. The Vauxhall is creation, and the Datsun is modified. A chop job would mean lowering a roof, or some heavy modification.
BTW, the Vauxhall is not the only one in India, but the only one in the world.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 12:26   #18
Team-BHP Support

This coverage appeared in the Hindu and New Indian Express

Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!-0b248762d7b77ec9a9abbe40ac3d9b58.jpg

Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!-296fa5f3e981b8a3b433ab71930516fb.jpg
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 12:39   #19
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This coverage appeared in the Hindu and New Indian Express
Before everyone gets excited the 1928 Aston Martin should be read as a 1928 Austin . The car is pictured below as captured by Srinand

Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!-ie.jpg

Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!-dcim-043.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 13:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Before everyone gets excited the 1928 Aston Martin should be read as a 1928 Austin . The car is pictured below as captured by Srinand

A common mistake in India. I once approached a gentleman selling his Austin which was VERY overpriced as the individual strongly believed he was the owner of an Aston Martin
Shivraj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 14:04   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
This coverage appeared in the Hindu and New Indian Express...
He says that there are only 3 to 4 Daimlers left in India. We all know that that is incorrect. Maybe he meant "Mysore" Daimlers, then he is closer to the numbers. Daimler was indeed a popular car in India, and there are not many early survivors, but some do exist.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 14:43   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinand View Post
I did visit the Jayamahal show, but did not see a white herald
Hmm thats odd! Here are a couple of pics. of the white herald which seems to be at the same show (as the 'Vauxhall' and the Datsun 120Y), posted by 'Bangalore Vintage group' on facebook:

Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!-704232_300103040100474_363257444_o.jpg

Three Vintage & Classic Car Rallies @ Bangalore, all on the same day!-704381_300103710100407_1611806250_o.jpg
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 15:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
There were 2 chop job cars at the event..
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
In my humble opinion (IMHO), these are not what you would call chop jobs. The Vauxhall is creation..

Cheers harit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Hmm thats odd! Here are a couple of pics. of the white herald which seems to be at the same show..
Hi,

As mentioned earlier, i got to the show at the time of the prize distribution. The datsun was given the best modified car award and the best car of the show went to the vauxhall from what i heard while looking at the cars, subject to correction if wrong.

The Herald must have left by the time i got there Stanher. Hence, must have missed it.

Regards,

Srinand.
srinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 15:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Name:  vdb_rally.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  208.2 KB

Anyone has pictures of the Mercedes circled in the above pic ? pls post with details...

thanks
Srinivas
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 18:57   #25

Great looking CB750. I have been hunting for one from the last couple of years. Any idea if there are any available for sale in and around Bangalore?
ARCHANG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 06:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHANG3L View Post
Great looking CB750. I have been hunting for one from the last couple of years. Any idea if there are any available for sale in and around Bangalore?
CB 750F was definitely available for sale with a dealer, the bike was in tatty condition. There is a perpendicular lane going opposite KR puram railway station, the first left turn on that lane and on left is the dealer.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 09:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

10-03-2014 Deccan Herald: B'LOREANS ENJOY A VROOM TO THE PAST

It was a vintage lovers' day out in Bangalore on Sunday . A rally organised by the Bangalore Vintage Group at Jayamahal Palace attracted the old and young alike.

Last edited by vinay kamath : 10th March 2014 at 09:06.
vinay kamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 10:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post

It was a vintage lovers' day out in Bangalore on Sunday . A rally organised by the Bangalore Vintage Group at Jayamahal Palace attracted the old and young alike.
Report and pics coming up. What car/bike did u bring?
smsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 13:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post

I too was there, have posted picture of Willys MB and of the Fiat 1100 Elegent. Rest would take time to upload.

By the way can someone give update on the BVG, never heard of them before. We know KVCCC, the fiat, the beetle , the jawa the scooter group but this I am hearing for the first time.
manishalive is online now   Reply With Quote