Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 23rd April 2013, 12:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st

And finally the bikes - a great selection ranging from the teens to the 1960s

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-01.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-02.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-03.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-04.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-05.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-06.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-07.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-08.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-09.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-10.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-11.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-12.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-13.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-14.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-15.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-16.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-17.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-18.jpg

I must mention that the Chief Minister visited the display on Friday, and spent time with each and every car and bike, asked detailed technical questions on each car too (he being an alumnus of BITS and Berkeley).

All in all a wonderful effort from the organizers, special mention to be made to Marespand, Amal and Yash. I was told that this display will now be an annual affair, and hopefully in cooler months.
karlosdeville is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 13:02   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st

Karl,What about the actual owners who sent cars and bikes for the event?? I think they deserve a big thanks. Organizers can do nothing without participants, let us never forget that fact.

Amal, maraspand, yash and many others were helpful. Let us not forget Nitin who spearheaded the whole show.
Bulldogji is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 13:23   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Karl,What about the actual owners ......
Yes, the actual owners who actually incur expenses to make a show a success, and then are treated ..........
I took part this time because organisation was by friends, and I hope that the umbrella organisation realises that only a collective effort by all, clubs, individuals and car owners will make or break a show. And there was the chief ministers fund.
This event was held for the first time, it is supposed to be a regular event. In that case, and assuming that all remains the same, I may put in a greater effort and have more entries.
Hopefully the club will realise that and allow us to benefit and share the freebies and concessions granted. I will be watching with interest the developments on this front.

I felt that the groupings of vehicles was very systematic, and by chance two cars from one collection came together, fully restored by their new owners. Not many may have realised this.

This show was better organised than the Cartier show, in terms of automobiles, Cartier was only better because of the hospitality counter which could not be available here. Cartier could serve a lot of HI-tea. This lot of cars was organised within 2 weeks or less, the Cartier event had the Curator unearthing well known cars for 18 months.

Cheers harit
Attached Images

Last edited by harit : 23rd April 2013 at 13:28.
harit is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 10:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Karl,What about the actual owners who sent cars and bikes for the event?? I think they deserve a big thanks. Organizers can do nothing without participants, let us never forget that fact.
Without a doubt, the owners get the biggest thanks for taking the time, effort and often expense of getting cars ready and on display for 4 whole days. It was great catching up with everyone, but unfortunately I missed meeting you.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2013, 14:59   #20
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Amazing collection of cars ! With your drives and such events along with Cartier Bombay is sure becoming a hot destination for vintage car lovers
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 17:48   #21
BHPian

Hello karlosdeville,

At the very begining, thank you very much for the photos, it truly livens up my day here.

Did I spot a Rudge Whitworth in that lot? or is it my senile mind playing tricks? Would love to have more pictures of that beauty.

In my humble opinion (if it matters), the Sunbeam and the Thunderbird deserved the original colours. Sure, the finish is great, or maybe, the photo plays tricks on my long sufferng eyes.

Spotted a few of motorcycles from Eapen's lot.

Sigh..it all seems a long time ago now!

Take care and stay well.

Reg,

Joji Kurian
Britishbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 20:33   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishbangers View Post
Did I spot a Rudge Whitworth in that lot? or is it my senile mind playing tricks? Would love to have more pictures of that beauty.
That is indeed a Rudge Whitworth, of Freddy Turel. The bike was recently also shown at the Cartier show, where I took these pictures.

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-img_0406.jpg

Vintage Cars and Bikes display at Turf Club Mumbai - April 18th - 21st-img_0407.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishbangers View Post
In my humble opinion (if it matters), the Sunbeam and the Thunderbird deserved the original colours. Sure, the finish is great, or maybe, the photo plays tricks on my long sufferng eyes.
The Sunbeam was in a loud shade of red, but somehow it didn't look incorrect. Of course I have no idea on what colours were offered, but I have strong memories of seeing a similar bike in Pune rallies in the same red, and a bright green one too.

Glad you are enjoying the pictures. Should you dig out more from your albums pl do share when you get the opportunity.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 14:13   #23
BHPian

Hello Karlosdeville,

Thanks a ton.

I don't want to be a rivet counter, however, I'll post a few pictures, of the correct colors for the Thunderbird and the Sunbeam.

Take care and stay well.

Reg,

Joji Kurian
Britishbangers is offline   Reply With Quote