Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 7th August 2013, 10:22   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Chennai Vintage Car Rally - 4th Aug 2013

Well done JayD - thoroughly enjoyed the pictures. You say there were very few Fiats and Ambys, though I see a fair amount - great to see them so well presented - these models are often 'bangers' at events like this. I love the colour of the Mk 2 - I hope Daniel is reading this.

Regarding the maroon Fleetmaster - I guess its a new entrant, I don't remember seeing it in the past. Lovely job, and I can imagine many Chrysler/Dodge/DeSoto owners have their eye on flicking the wheel trims for their cars!

Jai's Chrysler looks superb, that colour always blows me away. Glad to see the bumper guards in the right place - next suggestion is to paint the wheel trims cream, and get more rounded headlight rings. It will transform the look of the car. Loved the Kingsway convertible too - neat colour scheme.

JayD - any more detailed images of the Baby Hindustan? Interiors? There are almost no reference images on the forum for such a car. And whats the story with the Traction Avant on alloys? Is it running stock mechanicals?

Dussey - the Lambretta looks great, and my favorite amongst your collection has to be the Mercedes.
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2013, 10:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Well done JayD - thoroughly enjoyed the pictures. You say there were very few Fiats and Ambys, though I see a fair amount - great to see them so well presented - these models are often 'bangers' at events like this. I love the colour of the Mk 2 - I hope Daniel is reading this.

Regarding the maroon Fleetmaster - I guess its a new entrant, I don't remember seeing it in the past. Lovely job, and I can imagine many Chrysler/Dodge/DeSoto owners have their eye on flicking the wheel trims for their cars!

Jai's Chrysler looks superb, that colour always blows me away. Glad to see the bumper guards in the right place - next suggestion is to paint the wheel trims cream, and get more rounded headlight rings. It will transform the look of the car. Loved the Kingsway convertible too - neat colour scheme.

JayD - any more detailed images of the Baby Hindustan? Interiors? There are almost no reference images on the forum for such a car. And whats the story with the Traction Avant on alloys? Is it running stock mechanicals?

Dussey - the Lambretta looks great, and my favorite amongst your collection has to be the Mercedes.
Thanks, Karl for the appreciation ! The Lambretta Series 1, just got restored and this was the first public appearance.

The Traction is more of a hot rod as it was beyond redemption and got salvaged by substituting an engine etc.
Dussey is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 07:57   #33
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I was just looking at this tread again and was admiring the MG TD and then I suddenly realized this a Kit car

Chennai Vintage Car Rally - 4th Aug 2013-kit-mg.jpg

In my personal opinion Kit cars should not be allowed for such events. If they do make it, it should be displayed separately as a Kit car.

By the way notice the number plate, the actual number is 7470 written as 747o. Could be a Kit car which flies
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 11:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I was just looking at this tread again and was admiring the MG TD and then I suddenly realized this a Kit car

Attachment 1125295

In my personal opinion Kit cars should not be allowed for such events. If they do make it, it should be displayed separately as a Kit car.

KPS, if you look again, that car is not having a event number (as seen on the Morris Ox next to it), which I thinks, shows that it was there only for display and not an official entry in the "vintage event"

But may be I am wrong as only the Morris range seem to be having event numbers

May be the CSA, Dussey etc will be able to clarify this

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 15th August 2013 at 11:48.
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote