Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 08:12   #1636
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,255
Thanked: 1,410 Times
Default

Nice pics.! Uh, which ones are Rashid Mody's btw? I presume only the 5th one (with the ADX bike?) Pity I didnt get to see it when it was there!
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 09:30   #1637
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IXE
Posts: 575
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Stanher,

It looks like 3rd photo is Modi's place, u can see Modi too....

regards
girishpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 18:26   #1638
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,255
Thanked: 1,410 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Stanher,

It looks like 3rd photo is Modi's place, u can see Modi too....

regards
Yes, you're right! I can see him in the 3rd pic. Also the bike with the green mudguard- I hope it was not the now immaculate sunbeam that he has!

I suspect the 5th one also is of his place as one of the bikes has a hyd. regn.

BTW, dom- that just reminds me, although a little , do you have any pic.s of Mody when he had a Herald (he said he had 3, one after the other of course! last one being a green & white '62 mk1) or when he had a standard companion (which I suspect was this one, narrowly escaped from my hands in may this year!)

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0595.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 4th September 2008 at 18:34.
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 18:43   #1639
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Wowowwww...wow...very interesting, Dominator
Which year you took the photo's ? Which place Tito Sharma's garage in Delhi ?
This was 1994/95. He still has his garage at the same place in Paharganj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice pics.! Uh, which ones are Rashid Mody's btw? I presume only the 5th one (with the ADX bike?) Pity I didnt get to see it when it was there!
Rashid Mody's is 4th picture, where you see the rear portion of the sunbeam PYP - white bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Stanher,

It looks like 3rd photo is Modi's place, u can see Modi too....

regards
That is Tito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Yes, you're right! I can see him in the 3rd pic. Also the bike with the green mudguard- I hope it was not the now immaculate sunbeam that he has!

I suspect the 5th one also is of his place as one of the bikes has a hyd. regn.

BTW, dom- that just reminds me, although a little , do you have any pic.s of Mody when he had a Herald (he said he had 3, one after the other of course! last one being a green & white '62 mk1) or when he had a standard companion (which I suspect was this one, narrowly escaped from my hands in may this year!)

Attachment 45468
I do not have any pictures of his cars.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 20:30   #1640
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,255
Thanked: 1,410 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Rashid Mody's is 4th picture, where you see the rear portion of the sunbeam PYP - white bike
Ohh...ok. Wow, what a phenomenal collection that seems! Yes you did once mention that he had a 100 odd bikes strewn about the place, and rightly said his present collection seems peanuts compared to this!
Btw, I see what looks like a house in the background- did he live there as well?
Incidentally, he did also tell me an aunt of his had an old house there itself (later sold), not too far away from this compund, right next to the Canara bank there, if you've seen it. I'd been seeing it abandoned since the last 15 years until it was recently demolished. He told me it was haunted.

Quote:
I do not have any pictures of his cars.
Sadly neither does he himself...!
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 21:27   #1641
BHPian
 
TuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 494
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Over the years I have visited various cities in India searching for bikes and parts.

1. Tito Sharma's workshop Delhi.
2. Triumph in Delhi
3.Tito's Delhi
4.Mody Compound Secunderabad
Dominator: In the first pic, is that the Indian that you picked up? I hope I identified the bike right. I really wish I started my bike collection earlier

-pat-
TuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 22:58   #1642
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Dominator: In the first pic, is that the Indian that you picked up? I hope I identified the bike right. I really wish I started my bike collection earlier

-pat-
My Indian has always been a Bangalore bike.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 17:50   #1643
BHPian
 
TuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 494
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
My Indian has always been a Bangalore bike.
Oh wow. Dont know how you'l guys manage it. A few years back heard of a Scout in JC Nagar but never managed to locate it. It was apparently with a mech and was for sale.
TuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 19:26   #1644
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 508
Thanked: 459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Oh wow. Dont know how you'l guys manage it. A few years back heard of a Scout in JC Nagar but never managed to locate it. It was apparently with a mech and was for sale.
That bike was not complete,more of a parts bike and the mechanic closed his shop sometime back. There is not much left in bangalore.
dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 11:47   #1645
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Here are a couple of rotting Fiats and an Amby in Jamshedpur. Garage Mechanic tells me that they came in for repair and the owners just left them there. The Fiats maybe for sale if anyone is interested - He can talk to the owner.

P.S. Check out his tool cabinet! Not sure what car that is.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0841.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0838.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0839.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0840.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0844.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0842.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_0843.jpg  


Last edited by vcash : 10th September 2008 at 11:49.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 11:59   #1646
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

That is a hillman from the looks of it. The one similar to the one in my colony..
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 12:01   #1647
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,448
Thanked: 7,109 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Here are a couple of rotting Fiats and an Amby in Jamshedpur. Garage Mechanic tells me that they came in for repair and the owners just left them there. The Fiats maybe for sale if anyone is interested - He can talk to the owner.

P.S. Check out his tool cabinet! Not sure what car that is.
Very cool tool cabinet! Ford Prefect I assume.

Some parts like handles and locks could be salvaged from the dukkar. Can you help us with that?
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 13:10   #1648
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Very cool tool cabinet! Ford Prefect I assume.

Some parts like handles and locks could be salvaged from the dukkar. Can you help us with that?
Yes you are right - He kept saying 'Prefeks but must have meant Prefect. I think their is one more that is being restored in Jamshedpur - I'll try and get pictures.

As for salvagable parts, I will ask the garage owner but I would'nt count on it because he was telling me, If you want you can buy the car at scrap and then do it up for 40K through me or wait till the owner gets around to it and then this car will command atleast 80K to 1L.

But who knows - tell me what parts you need and I'll offer him a couple of hundred bucks for each and see what he says.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 13:27   #1649
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,567
Thanked: 822 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
That is a hillman from the looks of it. The one similar to the one in my colony..
Thats a Ford Prefect Rudy.

There are salvageable parts on the dukkar like the grille, handles etc.
Did you day he'll do it up for 40K? well thats free but how much of originality there will be in the car is debatable. One can see that it did not house original rear lights if im right.
Dont buy the car, just get the trim. The rims are not original too.
Karl not interested in the Mk-II? Looks fairly original to me.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 15:19   #1650
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Wow one thing that caught my eye on the Dukkar is the dicky handle (lock), seems original.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India X-Machine Vintage Cars & Classics in India 2678 29th March 2017 15:24
Report & Pics: The 50th Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally karlosdeville Vintage Cars & Classics in India 11 22nd March 2016 08:00
Fuel-tank Rust Removal (by Electrolysis) & Rust Proofing H3LIOS Motorbikes 30 19th May 2014 14:26
Jeep Rusting and disintegrating: drmessiah 4x4 Vehicles 21 22nd June 2011 21:15
Rust Control for Classic cars?? wilkie366 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 13 31st December 2010 15:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks