Old 14th March 2009, 01:45   #1921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
You are too kind buddy.I thought even the Morris is beyond restoration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Infact I still THINK the same!

Ah! And I thought I was the only one who felt so!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 20:10   #1922
Distinguished - BHPian

That reminds me- JayD ('feel kinds embarrased to call you 'chettAn' now! ), what happened of that junked Minor 4-door you once posted long ago? 'was at some mechanic's in your city, who stripped up the car and engine and demanded 50k or something??
Is it still the same?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 20:32   #1923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Surely you mean the Morris is under restoration. Both the W123s are beyond it.
can you elaborate why? is it technically not possible or is it not economically feasible based on the market value of these things? I see a lot of parts missing is that why?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 12:20   #1924
BHPian

Came across this moped, which looks like an electric bike? Does some one have more details of this moped?
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-101_1534.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-101_1535.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-101_1536.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-101_1537.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-101_1538.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-101_1539.jpg  

srisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 12:25   #1925
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, this is interesting! 'never came across such a bike! Anyone who could throw more light on this??
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 13:04   #1926
BANNED

New Discover indeed!! And a good one at that. Never seen something like this! That would look cool in bright red with Shrivz riding it!!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 14:54   #1927
BHPian

Question Silencia Electroped 24 or Electrona-24 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Came across this moped, which looks like an electric bike? Does some one have more details of this moped?
I remember seeing this bike in action in the early 80s when I was in school. A couple of kids would get dropped off every day on this electric bike by their dad. Same color - a sort of yellowish - brown.

I believe this may be a Electrona 24 or a Silencia Electroped 24, manufactured by a company called Electromobiles India Ltd. The company was based out of Karnataka and went into liquidation in 1987.

There are references to this company & bike on some websites, however I could not find any pics to confirm whether this is indeed the same bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
New Discover indeed!! And a good one at that. Never seen something like this! That would look cool in bright red with Shrivz riding it!!!
Took some time for me to understand...

Last edited by hotstuff : 15th March 2009 at 14:59.
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 16:47   #1928
BHPian

Default beetle in ITI campus in Goa

Found this Beetle and padmini and beetle behind the Industrial training institute(ITI) in Farmagudi Goa.(the same campus as goa engineering college)

The Beetle looks very much restorable and seems to have the interiors intact! Wonder what the story about the beetle is - esp. since it's parked inside the ITI campus.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc00001.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc00002.jpg  

techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 22:03   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
Found this Beetle and padmini and beetle behind the Industrial training institute(ITI) in Farmagudi Goa.(the same campus as goa engineering college)

The Beetle looks very much restorable and seems to have the interiors intact! Wonder what the story about the beetle is - esp. since it's parked inside the ITI campus.
Looks like a '58 - '63 model, do you have any more pics?
RandomUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 22:26   #1930
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
Found this Beetle behind the Industrial training institute(ITI) in Farmagudi Goa.(the same campus as goa engineering college)

My heart goes out to the Beetle.

Could you my dear sir, check the whereabouts and whatabouts of that Buggy Fellow, There are so many noble souls on T-BHP who would love to breath some life into that deserted Beetle.

Beetle's are getting rarer, let it not become extinct like this..
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 22:54   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
My heart goes out to the Beetle.

Could you my dear sir, check the whereabouts and whatabouts of that Buggy Fellow, There are so many noble souls on T-BHP who would love to breath some life into that deserted Beetle.

I'm not in Goa, I work in Bangalore, I'm not sure when I'll be in Goa next, in the meantime, any of the tbhp'ians in Goa can easily find out about it. I wanted to find out, but it was a sunday and the ITI was closed(its parked in the campus - i just hope it isnt a project for their students to experiment on!)

The find info on the beetle - go to the ITI in Farmagudi, Ponda in Goa (ask for Goa College of Engineering , its the same campus) the beetle is parked in the backyard of the ITI.
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 08:57   #1932
BHPian

Arrow Electrona-24 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Yes, this is an ELECTRONA-24, a 24-volt electric moped manufactured in the early 80's by a Mysore, Karnataka based company called Electromobiles Ltd. This bike could be the first electric 2 wheeler to be commercially manufactured in India.

I managed to get in touch with a person from the original team which worked on the development of this bike, who confirmed that this is indeed an Electrona-24. He has offered to provide more info and also guidance on restoring this bike. I have pointed him towards this forum & thread, requesting him to share more info on the story behind this bike.

@srisha if you could PM me with the info on where this bike is located in Bangalore etc. I can pass on the info so that the owner can be contacted to see if he is interested in restoring this bike / selling it to anyone who may be interested or let me know if you want the contact details of the person from the dev team and I'll PM you the same.

Last edited by hotstuff : 18th March 2009 at 09:15.
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 21:46   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
Yes, this is an ELECTRONA-24, a 24-volt electric moped manufactured in the early 80's by a Mysore, Karnataka based company called Electromobiles Ltd. This bike could be the first electric 2 wheeler to be commercially manufactured in India.

I managed to get in touch with a person from the original team which worked on the development of this bike, who confirmed that this is indeed an Electrona-24. He has offered to provide more info and also guidance on restoring this bike. I have pointed him towards this forum & thread, requesting him to share more info on the story behind this bike.

@srisha if you could PM me with the info on where this bike is located in Bangalore etc. I can pass on the info so that the owner can be contacted to see if he is interested in restoring this bike / selling it to anyone who may be interested or let me know if you want the contact details of the person from the dev team and I'll PM you the same.
Thx Hotstuff,

This bike is located in my apartment complex, I am going to contact the owner by this weekend and check if he is ready to give it away. I shall contact you after this.

Thx

Srisha
srisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 20:36   #1934
BHPian

Saw this Herald close to a storage garage with some nice cars which I will post on another thread.

Don't know how long it has been here but it doesn't look like it is going anywhere to soon unless it is to the scrap yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_4874.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_4875.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_4876.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_4871.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_4872.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img_4873.jpg  

john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 21:42   #1935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
There are so many noble souls on T-BHP who would love to breath some life into that deserted Beetle.
@PAVAN KADAM what would be a fair price for this beetle if it had papers to go with it and all major parts
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote