Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 30th December 2009, 17:07   #2641
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Since I am involved in this garage, I would like to clear a few things. Most of the cars have come to the garage in the current conditions largly because most people would have never even allowed such cars to enter their workshop in the first place given the conditions. Lot of cars have missing parts/engine etc. Some of the owners wanted to start the project, dump the cars here and then disappeared! Some have just sent the car there and we have to guess who has sent it!

It is easy for one to make a judgment sitting on a high horse but our family has known Mr. Sripathy for more than 30 years and we have the highest regard for him. His genius was witnessed in the ground up restoration of the 1903-4 Renault now in Dharmastala. He is the main advisor to the Dharmastala Garage and even the Dharmaadhikari has high regard for Mr. Sripathy. Let us not fault him as he works with very limited resources. He is doing a great job on my Plymouth.

Thanks and hopefully we will not have any more personal attacks on any one person. Appreciate restraint.

Cheers

KPS
Sir,

With due respects to you. I beg to differ on your views.

Not making a personal attack, but letting the actual truth out. Sripathy was working under my mechanics DAD, Earlier sripathy was only known to make film projector tins.

He was good in his heydays, but he learnt working on these old cars under someone, and that someone is an old gentleman who also know the Dharmasthala Dharmaadhikaari very well since he was the one who used to take care of few cars at Dharmasthala.

I myself have witnessed few cars come and go from Dharmasthala at the workshop. A few BHP'ians also know about this.

Happy that your cars have received a neat treatment under his hands, and few cars which Sripathy claims as his is a BIG LIE.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 17:34   #2642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Sir,

With due respects to you. I beg to differ on your views.

Not making a personal attack, but letting the actual truth out. Sripathy was working under my mechanics DAD, Earlier sripathy was only known to make film projector tins.

He was good in his heydays, but he learnt working on these old cars under someone, and that someone is an old gentleman who also know the Dharmasthala Dharmaadhikaari very well since he was the one who used to take care of few cars at Dharmasthala.

I myself have witnessed few cars come and go from Dharmasthala at the workshop. A few BHP'ians also know about this.

Happy that your cars have received a neat treatment under his hands, and few cars which Sripathy claims as his is a BIG LIE.
Hey Pavan.

Its obvious you are not vey enamoured with this guy, maybe you have your reasons, but when this someone repeatedy requesting you to refrain from posting negetive comments and you keep them coming like there is no tomorrow !

Lets us discuss cars here not people. I am sure there are plenty of web forums that deal exclusively with people bashing but as far as I can see this forum is for discussions on cars, period.

Lets put his behind us and move ahead. You and the other parties are entitled to an opinion but to keep stessing on it on and on is not very interesting to read.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 01:43   #2643
BHPian

Default A Sad Looking Car

To bring the thread back to "Rust in Pieces" -

Wishing Everybody a Very Happy New Year
Attached Images

vintageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 02:07   #2644
BHPian

& another one , this one is without a owner -
Attached Images

Old 1st January 2010, 10:12   #2645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
To bring the thread back to "Rust in Pieces"
Possibly a Rover? How do you consistently find such gems!
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 16:43   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Found this 1975 -77 Hinda Civic Hatchback lying behind VW Showroom in MGrath road bangalore

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc01516.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-dsc01517.jpg
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:03   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Hey Pavan.

Its obvious you are not vey enamoured with this guy, maybe you have your reasons, but when this someone repeatedy requesting you to refrain from posting negetive comments and you keep them coming like there is no tomorrow !

Lets us discuss cars here not people. I am sure there are plenty of web forums that deal exclusively with people bashing but as far as I can see this forum is for discussions on cars, period.

Lets put his behind us and move ahead. You and the other parties are entitled to an opinion but to keep stessing on it on and on is not very interesting to read.
Phew finally someone else is noticing this/coming out and talking/writing it! + 1 Wasif
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:31   #2648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Found this 1975 -77 Hinda Civic Hatchback lying behind VW Showroom in MGrath road bangalore
I remember seeing a lot of these in Libya, when I lived there in 1997. One filipino guy had a metallic blue one that he always used to drive around stuffed with people (maybe carpooling) Then I heard that one day it was stolen (common over there!)
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:45   #2649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I remember seeing a lot of these in Libya, when I lived there in 1997. One filipino guy had a metallic blue one that he always used to drive around stuffed with people (maybe carpooling) Then I heard that one day it was stolen (common over there!)
Paint this car in a nice metallic blue (like a 70's Ford) and its got all the potential to be a eye catcher, just look at all the vents and other miscellaneous stuff on the Bonnet. A great starter classic! and I am sure will be a good daily driver.
the mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:56   #2650
BHPian

hi guysany old bangalore guys should know about a honda belonged to the old couple who ran rumali restuarant on church street
imperial.s.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 23:27   #2651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Hey, is this sripathy's garage anywhere near the kamanahalli area?? I've been there once, but i didn't know my way around bangy too well then.There were some pretty amazing(not in condition) cars there. Some of the cars shown in this thread were lying there then too (jan-08).
There was also a dodge fluid drive in the final stages of a complete overhaul. I spotted the same car at a vintage show in bangy (with a different colour scheme tho!)
Uh, which one do you refer to as the Dodge, chetta? The last one (navy blue) in your pics.? That appears to be a Chrysler New Yorker.
Also didn't you find the Herald too there (seen in one of KPS' pics.) ?? I was told it's been scrapped a year ago. When had you been there?

Last edited by Stanher : 3rd January 2010 at 23:28.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 23:42   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Possibly a Rover?
You got it right - a Rover & a Chevrolet .

Another Chevrolet with a relative in UP's wild west - who has been informing me for the last 20 years he intends to restore the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-picture-011.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-picture-010.jpg  

Old 4th January 2010, 00:51   #2653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Uh, which one do you refer to as the Dodge, chetta? The last one (navy blue) in your pics.? That appears to be a Chrysler New Yorker.
Also didn't you find the Herald too there (seen in one of KPS' pics.) ?? I was told it's been scrapped a year ago. When had you been there?

Nopes! This one Macha! Btw, i Don't remember seeing any herald there. Will check out my album if i've got any pix of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-28012008367.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-28012008368.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-28012008366.jpg  

JayD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 12:36   #2654
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Request MODERATORS to remove the photos posted by JayD as they include photos of cars where the owners (including us) do not want it in the public domain as of now. We will post the pictures/give details of these cars at an appropriate time. Mr. Sripathy is unhappy too as these pictures are posted without his permission.

Thanks for your understanding

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 12:56   #2655
BANNED

Owners Do not want the cars in public domain???? What a ridiculous statement. I see that most owners havent cared for most of the cars in the above pictures! And if the cars are just lying in the open WITHOUT NUMBER PLATES, I dont see why pictures cant be here.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote