Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 20th January 2010, 00:30   #2731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Anyone needs a Standard 2000 PM me - I have one spare and needs to be sold off. Fantastic condition - running!

Cheers

SV
i have seen two standard 2000's in delhi too, one in gk( in front of savitri cinema) this is white , not in too bad a condition but hasnt been moved in a decade and parked indoors. another is a dark blue one standing in sda near iit flyover, someone told me its owned by an old man , who also owns a dark blue vw minibus/van. the standard seems to be in good condition, never moves , covered sometimes. the vw needs quite a bit of work.

SA7VA5,is the car you are talking about one of these??? wats the asking price of your 2000, is it delhi regn.??
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 22:32   #2732
BHPian

got this scooter from scrapyard.written vespa 150 on front shield. have a bajaj engineis it bajaj 150 or vespa 150?
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image217.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image221.jpg  

vipinmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 23:41   #2733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinmohan View Post
got this scooter from scrapyard.written vespa 150 on front shield. have a bajaj engineis it bajaj 150 or vespa 150?

This looks like a vespa built bajaj to me but can't be really sure.

I found some stuff saying "Vespa built by Bajaj under contract from Vespa".Here is a pic of that below.Notice the vespa badge under the headlamp and the bajaj logo on the mud gaurd.

Name:  JL_green1.jpg
Views: 4877
Size:  78.0 KB

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 23rd January 2010 at 23:56.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 00:16   #2734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
`
Its a Vespa 150 built by Bajaj. They were assembled by Bajaj and badged as Vespas till their colaboration ran out and after that they became Bajaj 150 then Super then Chetak and so on.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 00:28   #2735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
`
Its a Vespa 150 built by Bajaj. They were assembled by Bajaj and badged as Vespas till their colaboration ran out and after that they became Bajaj 150 then Super then Chetak and so on.

This is a Vespa 150 built by Bajaj. Check the logo mark . I have marked in pics. Its clearly show a bajaj logo.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-image217.jpg  

Last edited by KALINGA : 24th January 2010 at 00:30.
KALINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 00:45   #2736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey vipin where did you saw this in thrissur ?
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 15:21   #2737
Senior - BHPian

[quote=IndrojitSircar;1697063]This looks like a vespa built bajaj to me but can't be really sure.

I found some stuff saying "Vespa built by Bajaj under contract from Vespa".Here is a pic of that below.Notice the vespa badge under the headlamp and the bajaj logo on the mud gaurd.

It is indeed a Vespa however the bumper on the front mudgaurd belongs to a bajaj 150. You will find vespas now-a-days having more of bajaj parts i.e., fan cover, cover on the bore, footrest mats etc due to unavailability of original vespa parts.

I guess those days when vespas were abundant the bumper had a diamond shaped red colour plastic jewel stuck to them or some aluminum design on them, its that the later bajaj logos were started coming on them.
chanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 17:51   #2738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
It is indeed a Vespa however the bumper on the front mudgaurd belongs to a bajaj 150. You will find vespas now-a-days having more of bajaj parts i.e., fan cover, cover on the bore, footrest mats etc due to unavailability of original vespa parts.

I guess those days when vespas were abundant the bumper had a diamond shaped red colour plastic jewel stuck to them or some aluminum design on them, its that the later bajaj logos were started coming on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post

This is a Vespa 150 built by Bajaj. Check the logo mark . I have marked in pics. Its clearly show a bajaj logo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
This looks like a vespa built bajaj to me but can't be really sure.
Didnt anyone notice the horn crest in the centre looks like that of a Bajaj Super/Chetak? How come this on a Vespa 150 legshield? It's not even a detachable piece unlike on a Lambretta so how is it possible to modify this way?
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 17:51   #2739
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Saw this one in Pune. No Fiat would Select a death like this !!
This car has a VIP 3 digit regn? If so, I recognise the car. Remember it when it was a runner.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 18:50   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Stanher.

Around the time the collaboration with Piaggio was drawing to a close Bajaj started marketing this with the Bajaj logo in place of the Piaggio.

Piaggio objected to this and then it became the Bajaj 150.

My uncle had one from this period badged in this fashion.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 20:41   #2741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Stanher.

Around the time the collaboration with Piaggio was drawing to a close Bajaj started marketing this with the Bajaj logo in place of the Piaggio.

Piaggio objected to this and then it became the Bajaj 150.

My uncle had one from this period badged in this fashion.
Wasif,

I wasnt referring to the badging- I said the centre column/crest/nose housing the horn at the base is very much of a chetak/4-gear bajaj scooter, and not the conish one of the Vespa 150, if t his scooter originally is one.

Here is a pic. of a Vespa and an early Chetak showing the difference in the centre horncast/nose for clarification.........the Kerala Vespa has the nose of the chetak despite being a Vespa 150. This is what I was pointing out to.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-vestak.jpg
Old 24th January 2010, 22:25   #2742
Senior - BHPian

Default The Akola Diaries..

Visited Akola in northern Maharashtra, this weekend. Here are some disintegrating beauties..

pics 1, 2, and 3: A Landmaster (with a Mk 2 grille) and a Ford Prefect go into the ground, at a garage near chiv-chiv bazaar.

Pics 4, 5, and 6: Curiously, another Ford Prefect in almost equally bad condition, found less than a half km distance from the previous one !!

Pics 7 and 8: an SS 80 that has seen better days, now much much vandalized.
Pic. 9 Off topic, but continuing on the "disintegrating" theme.. He he !
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-3.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-5.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-4.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-6.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-7.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-8.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-2.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-1.jpg  

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-ak-10.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSelect : 24th January 2010 at 22:27.
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 01:23   #2743
BHPian

have been following this thread for a few years now. every time someone posts pics of some rusting car , i feel the urge to rescue it from the jaws of time and restore it to its former glory. however , none of the cars here are ever in delhi and thats heartbreaking. this is probably beacause most of the people on team-bhp are from the southern half of india(read mumbai , bangalore etc), or there just arent any old classics left in delhi. either way its becoming nearly impossible for me to find a suitable car for restoration.
guess ill have to just la my hands on an old conti, fiat or sierra; hell even they are hard to find here.
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2010, 08:55   #2744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Visited Akola in northern Maharashtra, this weekend. Here are some disintegrating beauties..
Pic. 9 Off topic, but continuing on the "disintegrating" theme.. He he
Nice pics. ravi! The Prefects surprisingly still have their hubcaps on! I guess my dad's old Prefect must've deteriorated the same way. I guess these both can still be restored.

Good to see you having a flair for old houses too. It doesn't look uninhabited though, although definitely deteriorating.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:22   #2745
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic period house, SuperSelect.
Quite a flight of fancy to imagine a simple, carefree, idyllic existence in a house like this. Where is it located?

Nowadays, you cannot even find artisans to repair the stucco work.

You might like to read some of my writings.
Vishrambaug Wada and Mastani Mahal
Saswad

Ram
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote