Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 17:58   #3076
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -_-
Posts: 313
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Well since we arent in the US, our options are limited. I have a store room in my house reserved especially for car parts. every used, rusted, worn out part that comes off my car is stored(as long as its the original and not the cheap repro) since it can be used as a template later (when all cheaper options are exhausted) to remanufacture the part using cad and cnc machining. so these parts dont have to be kept well, the way we store new parts. You can pile them up in a corner in the store room and they take up minimal space. But atleast i have options

also i even save broken plastic parts(ultrasonic welding can be used to fix em) so nothing is trashed. you never know who might need it. If not me , maybe someone else

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 21st May 2010 at 18:03.
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 14:06   #3077
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,533
Thanked: 7,562 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
The car did, as you say, become a donor for body parts- atleast the doors, for one of our fellow tbhpians!
Shyam was kind enough to reserve these 4 doors for me. On closer inspection they are in similar condition to the ones I wanted to replace, so no point. Would anybody else like to have them? I'm committed to pay 4k for the set, would ideally like to recover the costs.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 24th May 2010 at 14:17.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 14:14   #3078
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,294
Thanked: 1,480 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Shyam was kind enough to reserve these 4 doors for me. On closer inspection they are in similar condition to the ones I wanted to replace, so no point. Would anybody else like to have them? I paid 4k for the set, would ideally like to recover the costs.
Note: The payment in question has not been sent to me as yet, so the doors are still available to anyone interested. I would also like to add that Shiva (Cyberdoctorind) had wanted the inner lock/glass winder assemblies from all the doors, minus which the cost of the doors would be lesser.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 14:18   #3079
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,533
Thanked: 7,562 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Note: The payment in question has not been sent to me as yet, so the doors are still available to anyone interested. I would also like to add that Shiva (Cyberdoctorind) had wanted the inner lock/glass winder assemblies from all the doors, minus which the cost of the doors would be lesser.
Yes, I meant that I am committed to pay Shyam for them, D
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:20   #3080
BHPian
 
jeepster09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Dear Friends,

Clicked the below photos last saturday in South Goa. These beauties are lying in a garage and around it. Several parts,junking beetles and other cars, are lying there. I spoke to the garage owner and took his permission to take these photos. He said these cars were of his customers/friends which are under restoration.

While some are being restored, most seemed to be lying unworked for some time. I was little tied up for time and hence could not photograph all cars and other stuff.

The garage owner is looking out for a FIAT 1100, 1955 or so.

Regards,


Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-2.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-3.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-4.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-5.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-6.jpg

Name:  rustinpeace 7.jpg
Views: 1921
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  rustinpeace 8.jpg
Views: 1921
Size:  101.8 KB

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-9.jpg

Name:  rustinpeace 10.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  rustinpeace 11.jpg
Views: 1902
Size:  79.3 KB

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-12.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-13.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-14.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-15.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-16.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-17.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-1.jpg  

jeepster09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:32   #3081
BHPian
 
jeepster09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post

The amby mk2 just came in, although not yet to be broken (he said there are customers expected for it)....'thought the grille and tail-lamps would be useful for jeepster, who's restoring a similar amby, hence asked shiva for the pic. I'm taking the headlights should this car too be broken.

Back to my exam prep. now!
Hi Stanher,

Thanks a lot, so kind for you to keep my amby MK II project in mind here.

I hope to get the grille here.What I need is the horn mechanism complete with signal indicator knob and original horn button if that is available in the said car or with the scrap guys there.

Taillight lens if you can retrive, I will keep as spares or use them and keep the new ones in stock.

Regards,
jeepster09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:40   #3082
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,464
Thanked: 4,437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
Dear Friends,

Clicked the below photos last saturday in South Goa. These beauties are lying in a garage and around it. Several parts,junking beetles and other cars, are lying there. I spoke to the garage owner and took his permission to take these photos. He said these cars were of his customers/friends which are under restoration.

While some are being restored, most seemed to be lying unworked for some time. I was little tied up for time and hence could not photograph all cars and other stuff.

The garage owner is looking out for a FIAT 1100, 1955 or so.

Regards,
A nice find jeepster09. Its a treasure house for VW lovers like Pavan Kadam and others but I am sure he , Karl and maybe some other teambhpians are aware of the garage's existence.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:45   #3083
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,452 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A nice find jeepster09. Its a treasure house for VW lovers like Pavan Kadam and others but I am sure he , Karl and maybe some other teambhpians are aware of the garage's existence.
Ha ha ha. rightly said sir.

But saddens to see some good VW's uncared for :(
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 14:24   #3084
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Good Pics Dude, Shame so many are rusting away

Are u still in Goa ?
There was a Old Golf in the background. Any info on that possible buddy. Its blue in colour in the pic


Cheers



Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
Dear Friends,

Clicked the below photos last saturday in South Goa. These beauties are lying in a garage and around it. Several parts,junking beetles and other cars, are lying there. I spoke to the garage owner and took his permission to take these photos. He said these cars were of his customers/friends which are under restoration.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th May 2010 at 14:49. Reason: Avoid quoting a long post when replying to a topic. Thanks.
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 16:03   #3085
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,294
Thanked: 1,480 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
Hi Stanher,

Thanks a lot, so kind for you to keep my amby MK II project in mind here.

What I need is the horn mechanism complete with signal indicator knob and original horn button if that is available in the said car or with the scrap guys there.

Taillight lens if you can retrive, I will keep as spares or use them and keep the new ones in stock.
My pleasure! The horn part you mention was unfortunately not there on the car......but it seemed to have the original steering wheel intact. Unfortunately, I havent checked on it after saturday, as I've been busy with my exams. 'will find out again, 'hope the car is still there.
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 20:54   #3086
BHPian
 
jeepster09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
'will find out again, 'hope the car is still there.
Thanks, Stanher.

Quote:
Are u still in Goa ?
There was a Old Golf in the background. Any info on that possible buddy. Its blue in colour in the pic
Cheers
Hi Allana23,

I returned yesterday morning. Are you refering to the blue car visible in the below photo ? That was an Dodge, some austrailian model as per the garage owner . I forgot the name and also did not make efforts to photograph as it was covered and difficult to get good photos.

Regards


Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-14.jpg
jeepster09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 21:27   #3087
Senior - BHPian
 
predatorwheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi/Kolkata
Posts: 1,652
Thanked: 1,097 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
There was a Old Golf in the background. Any info on that possible buddy. Its blue in colour in the pic
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
Thanks, Stanher.

I returned yesterday morning. Are you refering to the blue car visible in the below photo ? That was an Dodge, some austrailian model as per the garage owner . I forgot the name and also did not make efforts to photograph as it was covered and difficult to get good photos.

Regards
I think he was referring to this car

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-rustinpeace-6-edited.jpg
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 02:37   #3088
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Thanks for that buddy Predator

Yes that was the car i was referring to. Any info on that car will be much appreciated please.

The Series 1 MK1 Golf. I saw only 1 in Bandra 2 years a go near joggers park a black 1 that too a much desired Diesel. Left a note on the windscreen for the owner to call me if he wanted to sell it but no joy.


Cheers
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 14:54   #3089
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Our Teambhpian V16 has an immaculate MK1 Golf GTI what a beautiful car that is.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 16:11   #3090
BHPian
 
allana13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maidenhead
Posts: 541
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Cheers Cyrus,

Where is V-16

Any pics please dude.

Thanks
allana13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuel-tank Rust Removal (by Electrolysis) & Rust Proofing H3LIOS Motorbikes 30 19th May 2014 14:26
Jeep Rusting and disintegrating: drmessiah 4x4 Vehicles 21 22nd June 2011 21:15
Rust Control for Classic cars?? wilkie366 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 13 31st December 2010 15:31
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks