Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 20:40   #4621
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Stanher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad, AP
Posts: 6,224
Thanked: 1,354 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Saw this Jonga somewhere in Salt Lake, Kolkata yesterday.
Looks like a decommissioned Army one. Maybe just bought at an Army disposal auction.

BTW, here's a Standard Gazel in Thrissur, Kerala- seems to be some kind of scrapyard. No other details known.
Pics. by Foby Sebastian (posted on facebook.)

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-10295746_625256800890954_1520751809301383224_n.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-10356355_625256630890971_1348798178592707513_n.jpg
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:28   #4622
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 502
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Aha perfect place to share the images. I am not sure if this has been uploaded in the past but I have seen this masterpiece standing tall for at least the last 8-10 years.

I do not know the name or the model. But every day at the time of the morning walk I make sure to pat him on his superb tyre arch. The curves are so daunting and so commanding, that itself beckons a second look, every time I pass him.

Please can someone tell me the vehicle details of this model.

Location :- From Nasik Fata (PCMC, Pune) go towards the Pimpri and it will come on your left hand side, just before the "Wade Wale Joshi." Just two minutes walking distance.

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img20140518wa0032001_less-size.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-img20140518wa0030001_less-size.jpg

P.S. : Wish it becomes a collectible for someone.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:31   #4623
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,924
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Aha perfect place to share the images. I am not sure if this has been uploaded in the past but I have seen this masterpiece standing tall for at least the last 8-10 years.

I do not know the name or the model. But every day at the time of the morning walk I make sure to pat him on his superb tyre arch. The curves are so daunting and so commanding, that itself beckons a second look, every time I pass him.

Please can someone tell me the vehicle details of this model.

Location :- From Nasik Fata (PCMC, Pune) go towards the Pimpri and it will come on your left hand side, just before the "Wade Wale Joshi." Just two minutes walking distance.



P.S. : Wish it becomes a collectible for someone.
Saw a similar/same truck in Sikkim earlier this month.
Attached Thumbnails
Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sam_0571.jpg  

//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:35   #4624
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 502
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Saw a similar/same truck in Sikkim earlier this month.
Its probably not a Tata as the logo suggests. If someone asks for fresh detailed image, please let me know what to look for so that I can capture the same.

Vehicles of the yesteryear commands so much respect...
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 13:07   #4625
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 751 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Looks like a decommissioned Army one. Maybe just bought at an Army disposal auction.

BTW, here's a Standard Gazel in Thrissur, Kerala- seems to be some kind of scrapyard. No other details known.
Pics. by Foby Sebastian (posted on facebook.)

Attachment 1242209

Attachment 1242210

This is from trivandrum and not trissur

pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 13:39   #4626
BHPian
 
MARCUS_520i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 512
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Saw a similar/same truck in Sikkim earlier this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Its probably not a Tata as the logo suggests. If someone asks for fresh detailed image, please let me know what to look for so that I can capture the same.

Vehicles of the yesteryear commands so much respect...
They're not Tatas. They're Nissans

The tow-truck in Pune seems to be in great shape, given the the time period for which it has been standing there. Will definitely be a good project for them special-machine enthusiasts
MARCUS_520i is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 13:45   #4627
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 502
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
They're not Tatas. They're Nissans

The tow-truck in Pune seems to be in great shape, given the the time period for which it has been standing there. Will definitely be a good project for them special-machine enthusiasts
So they are Nissans. Wow. Any idea of the particular model so that I can search the Google and try to find out how they looked in their glory days.

I sincerely wish someone interested and looking for a vintage truck, gets to see him and takes away for proper restoration.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:03   #4628
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
So they are Nissans. Wow. Any idea of the particular model so that I can search the Google and try to find out how they looked in their glory days.

I sincerely wish someone interested and looking for a vintage truck, gets to see him and takes away for proper restoration.
They are Nissan Patrol trucks were previously manufactured in Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ)
onesomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:11   #4629
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,924
Thanked: 6,663 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
They're not Tatas. They're Nissans

The tow-truck in Pune seems to be in great shape, given the the time period for which it has been standing there. Will definitely be a good project for them special-machine enthusiasts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
So they are Nissans. Wow. Any idea of the particular model so that I can search the Google and try to find out how they looked in their glory days.

I sincerely wish someone interested and looking for a vintage truck, gets to see him and takes away for proper restoration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
They are Nissan Patrol trucks were previously manufactured in Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ)
Just googled it, its called the Nissan 4W73 aka 1 Ton.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:20   #4630
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 401
Thanked: 300 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Saw a similar/same truck in Sikkim earlier this month.
Interesting to note that this truck has a transfer case on each axle, meaning its a 4X4
for_cars1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:22   #4631
BHPian
 
vulcanize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NYC/Chennai
Posts: 82
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Just googled it, its called the Nissan 4W73 aka 1 Ton.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...aka-1-ton.html (Nissan 4W73 aka 1 ton)

vulcanize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 20:29   #4632
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,342
Thanked: 4,032 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

A rotting Ambassador (late 1960's as it is WBG) and a Morris Minor, both in Kolkata.
(all pictures by Mr Souryadeep Mukherjee, FB member Ambassador & Landmaster page)

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sourya06.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sourya07.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sourya08.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sourya09.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sourya10.jpg

Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars-sourya11.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 20:44   #4633
BHPian
 
Rosso Corsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOM - ATL
Posts: 533
Thanked: 443 Times
Default

All of these cars are rotting away at a disputed property in Gurgaon. I don't have more details, will get them soon. Some of them seem to be slightly modern cars. Members, please help in identifying the models.

(Not my photos)
Attached Images
          
Rosso Corsa is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 21:04   #4634
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,341
Thanked: 876 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

one is a karman ghia for sure
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 21:07   #4635
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,929
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Rust In Pieces... Pics of Disintegrating Classic & Vintage Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
All of these cars are rotting away at a disputed property in Gurgaon. I don't have more details, will get them soon. Some of them seem to be slightly modern cars. Members, please help in identifying the models.

(Not my photos)
Some nice cars there, can spot a Ponton Mercedes, Karmamm Ghia, Porsche 944, Dodge, Honda BMW and a few more.

Wonder what the dispute is and how so many nice cars ended up like this.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India X-Machine Vintage Cars & Classics in India 2664 16th January 2017 14:48
Report & Pics: The 50th Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally karlosdeville Vintage Cars & Classics in India 11 22nd March 2016 08:00
Fuel-tank Rust Removal (by Electrolysis) & Rust Proofing H3LIOS Motorbikes 30 19th May 2014 14:26
Jeep Rusting and disintegrating: drmessiah 4x4 Vehicles 21 22nd June 2011 21:15
Rust Control for Classic cars?? wilkie366 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 13 31st December 2010 15:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks