Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 8th September 2007, 23:23   #541
BHPian

Srisha ,

Welcome to the vintage club . Any late 40's early 50's Ford , Chrysler Corp or GM cars are easy restoration projects and nice cars to drive.
vintageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 05:03   #542
Senior - BHPian

srisha, nice to see you interests in vintage cars has developed. hope it does to the extent of some of us. welcome to the world of passion for the cars of the bygone era.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 09:08   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd actually sent karl these pics. to post here but now that imageshack's working for me I guess/hope I dont have to trouble him any more!
This is a 60-62 1100 select currently for sale at the Pudhupet scrapyard.....although, as Karl had told me, its worth nothing! Except as a parts donor...looking at the extent of corrosion you'll agree!
The interior is all modded up with bucket seats, 'sports' type steering wheel, later speedo etc....there's even a different radiator & fan fitted, hence the grille surround had been extended forward....

Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 10:48   #544
BHPian

Had seen this VW van in Pune a few months back.The garage owner was saying that the owner wanted 1 lakh for it. Karl whats the latest update on this VW is it still standing outside the garage ??

Regards Ed.
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 11:28   #545
BHPian

Thank you all for the welcome, Speedy, Vintageman, Karlos, Stanher and the others in this section have been the inspiring lot for me. And I will try to restore atleast 1 or 2 rusting classic and that is my committment. However I will need all the help I can get from you guys.

I have just made some contact with a vintage dealer, and he is going to give me some links to a Willy Low bonnet jeep currently running on a MM540 engine, however the original engine is also available.

A couple of old FIATS, and a Mini Couper coming from Chennai in a couple of weeks, apart from old Mercs and Roadmasters.

I shall keep you all posted on the developments.
srisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 12:06   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Had seen this VW van in Pune a few months back.The garage owner was saying that the owner wanted 1 lakh for it. Karl whats the latest update on this VW is it still standing outside the garage ??

Regards Ed.
ok ED and KARL tell me where do i send the money. i have been looking for a VW van for ages. i am excited now. . promise i wont buy any other car for a while ( a month max guys )
Old 9th September 2007, 13:22   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

GAWD!! That morris makes me wanna cry!! There should be a law banning the destruction of vintage vehicles for movies/videos etc!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 21:59   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
Thank you all for the welcome, Speedy, Vintageman, Karlos, Stanher and the others in this section have been the inspiring lot for me. And I will try to restore atleast 1 or 2 rusting classic and that is my committment. However I will need all the help I can get from you guys.

I have just made some contact with a vintage dealer, and he is going to give me some links to a Willy Low bonnet jeep currently running on a MM540 engine, however the original engine is also available.

A couple of old FIATS, and a Mini Couper coming from Chennai in a couple of weeks, apart from old Mercs and Roadmasters.

Welcome to the club Shirsha. If you, while on your journey of classic car hunting, realise that there is something that does not excite you enough to purchase, please let us know! (Hint: VW Merc, Jeeps...etc etc)
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 22:36   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Welcome to the club Shirsha. If you, while on your journey of classic car hunting, realise that there is something that does not excite you enough to purchase, please let us know! (Hint: VW Merc, Jeeps...etc etc)
Btw, gogi bhai, would a '62 Austin Cambridge excite you enough? It would in my case although doesnt really excite my pocket at present!
I posted about it in the classics available thread.
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 22:37   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

thank you for the honour we do not deserve, we just try doing our best to preserve a part of history for the future generations to see and feel proud off.
welcome to the family and we shall provide you with whatever help and support you need.
like gogi bhai said if something does not interest you let us know we would be glad to give them a new lease to life.
all the best for you new journey into a part of history
Old 9th September 2007, 22:53   #551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
ok ED and KARL tell me where do i send the money. i have been looking for a VW van for ages. i am excited now. . promise i wont buy any other car for a while ( a month max guys )
Sure, ill email you my bank account details. never mind that the van is sold and is now in Bombay
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 00:12   #552
BHPian

Ok here is my first find, its a 1974 Merc, dont know the series. Its a direct import from Germany and single owner. Expected price is 70,000 and in running condition. Its being driven daily,

The owner of the car is currently out of Bangalore and returning on Tuesday. The only information I have currently is its a LHD, white colored with a rectangular kind of head lights and a diesel car.

What series do you think this would be?

I would also appreciate if you can PM me your contact numbers so that I can call one of you to get some help while picking up the car.

I am not sure, How lucky I am gling to be since there are more than 20 buyers who have already called and enquired about this car and each one is desperate to pick it up.
srisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 01:41   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Btw, gogi bhai, would a '62 Austin Cambridge excite you enough? It would in my case although doesnt really excite my pocket at present!
I posted about it in the classics available thread.
Well not exactly Shyam..sorry

Quote:
Ok here is my first find, its a 1974 Merc, dont know the series. Its a direct import from Germany and single owner. Expected price is 70,000 and in running condition. Its being driven daily,

The owner of the car is currently out of Bangalore and returning on Tuesday. The only information I have currently is its a LHD, white colored with a rectangular kind of head lights and a diesel car.

What series do you think this would be?

I would also appreciate if you can PM me your contact numbers so that I can call one of you to get some help while picking up the car.

I am not sure, How lucky I am gling to be since there are more than 20 buyers who have already called and enquired about this car and each one is desperate to pick it up.
I think you're refering to the W114-W115 series of Mercs also called the Compact shape made between 1968-1975. I have one under restoration and there is a thread dedicated top it. Check the link and see if thats the kind of merc.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...=1973+mercedes

PM me if you need any further help on mercs. I'd be glad if I can be of any help.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 04:02   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Sure, ill email you my bank account details. never mind that the van is sold and is now in Bombay
i heard it got sold for one fourth the price to another VW fan. man K is one lucky fellow. your bank account details are most welcome karl for any further and future requirements .
Old 10th September 2007, 09:44   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

srisha, that sounds like a 114/115.The pics are posted in this thread, jus look a few pages back. Even i was chasing one for a while. Our resident merc expert V-16 should be able to help u. Btw, pls confirm if its an oiginal diesel or coverted.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote