Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 10th September 2007, 12:05   #556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
ok ED and KARL tell me where do i send the money. i have been looking for a VW van for ages. i am excited now. . promise i wont buy any other car for a while ( a month max guys )

ED whats ur bank accnt no ?? speedy is gonna do some qwick transfers dis tyme
blueoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 20:55   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Incidentally, I was just reminded of the Citroen Van pics. somebody had posted here. This afternoon I happened to be looking for a garage said to have a herald lying there & came across a garage near Ramkote here that happened to have a stash of forgotten classics/vintages, which we first though to be said garage....saw an Austin (8 I think), a junked vintage convertible, a large pre-war-ish car that I couldnt identify (interestingly its rear wheels tuck in like a Herald's!), a disintegrating delivery van type car that I again couldnt identify (looked like a 40s British one) & rarest of the rare, a Citroen 'H' Van! Plus a coupla fiats (select & s.select) that came for repair, & a mini jeep on a Standard (maybe Herald or Gazel) chassis- seen a coupla these earlier...might like to have one too.....hehe...
However, *ahem* I'm afraid no pics. this time....didnt have my camera with me & also the mechs. there didnt seem too friendly towards us.....there are also a coupla alsatians there (one was actually lying chained on top of the junked van, which I took for a street dog!) that also didnt seem too friendly either.....will still try some other time!
And before any of you ask, sorry but none of the cars there are for sale! :(
Pity because the Citroen van & Austin atleast looked restorable!

Last edited by Stanher : 15th September 2007 at 20:58.
Stanher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 21:08   #558
Senior - BHPian

stanher that is really sad. try takeing pictures the next time you go there. the only thing that has got my attention is the junked vintage convertible, a large pre-war-ish car.
please ask the guy which make it is and if they want to sell.
dont get bitten in the bargain either by the DOGs or the garage guys. dont want a half eaten stanher.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 23:28   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Btw, gogi bhai, would a '62 Austin Cambridge excite you enough? It would in my case although doesnt really excite my pocket at present!
I posted about it in the classics available thread.
Stan, a few posts earlier i had said that a Cambridge does not excite me (it still doesn't) but it does excite my friends who may want the car. Can you get me the details and pics if possible. Pl pm or sms me the price too. Thanks
And whats this about a VW van, i want one too, so guys after you've found one for speedy, get looking for me too. Or maybe if you find two for sale, nothing like it!

Last edited by V-16 : 15th September 2007 at 23:30. Reason: add
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 23:55   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Stan, a few posts earlier i had said that a Cambridge does not excite me (it still doesn't) but it does excite my friends who may want the car. Can you get me the details and pics if possible. Pl pm or sms me the price too. Thanks
Sure I'll find out from the mech. who told me about it.....infact I was there today but hadnt seen any posts from anyone earlier enquiring about that car so...didnt ask him.....
Price he said was quoted as 50k....but havent seen the car to be able to say whether its worth it.....nor am I supposed to decide I guess...

Last edited by Stanher : 15th September 2007 at 23:56.
Old 16th September 2007, 02:04   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
And whats this about a VW van, i want one too, so guys after you've found one for speedy, get looking for me too. Or maybe if you find two for sale, nothing like it!
bhai if i take or you take the VW van it is the same thing.
Old 19th September 2007, 20:11   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

OK guys, here's an update on the grey 1100 select at the scrapyard here...the car is still there, the guy who bought it surprisingly says he doesnt want to scrap it (if he can help it) but wants to try & sell it to someone interested!
I was totally to hear that, like, I wonder whats come over him?? Did he go bump his head somewhere or something?
I mean its so unusual of a scrapwala to hold onto a car so long & actually want it to go to good hands rather than break it! 'wonder what made this guy have a change of heart! He's come down to 22k, claims someone offered him 18k but he refused so they walked out on it....says he'll hold on to it for a week or so longer.
Old 19th September 2007, 20:13   #563
Senior - BHPian

come on guys give her a life, she deserves it!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 20:41   #564
Senior - BHPian

thats great news stanher. i think the guy has finally seen the light and his change of heart proves it.
i think 22 thousand would be high for the car the price originally offered of 14 thousand should be stuck to. the guy would come to it.
i hope someone save the car.
Old 19th September 2007, 20:45   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
thats great news stanher. i think the guy has finally seen the light and his change of heart proves it.
i think 22 thousand would be high for the car the price originally offered of 14 thousand should be stuck to. the guy would come to it.
i hope someone save the car.
I hope so too, although definitely not at the price he's asking!
18k IMHO would be enough (just!) although reasonably speaking, as you say, 14-15k is the max. what he truly deserved to get for that car!
Old 19th September 2007, 21:01   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope so too, although definitely not at the price he's asking!
18k IMHO would be enough (just!) although reasonably speaking, as you say, 14-15k is the max. what he truly deserved to get for that car!
see there are two ways of looking at it stanher. either the guy is gonna stick to 22 thousand and then break the car, or he does not have anyone who offered him 18 thousand and wants you to up your offer. i think if he had someone offer him 18 he would not have let him go. logic states it is 4 thousand less than his asking and 4 thousand more than your offering. he want you to go up and he would show he has come down. a midway compromise sort of thing. my instinct says he would come down to the 14 thousand mark.
Old 19th September 2007, 23:16   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

'hope so.....however I'm not buying the car for myself even though I was initially tempted (hehe )....I kinda liked the no.
Old 20th September 2007, 00:58   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'hope so.....however I'm not buying the car for myself even though I was initially tempted (hehe )....I kinda liked the no.
stanher thank god your buying it for someone else, it would be stupid buying a car just for a number. ok i do it sometimes too, but i feel stupid later on
Old 20th September 2007, 15:14   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Er, actually I'm not buying it for someone else either.......jus thought if I get it at that prcie I can reserve it for someone else who's later interested in taking it.....
Old 22nd September 2007, 01:48   #570
Senior - BHPian

guys saw this one left to rott. dont know what model or make it is. hope you all can give me some inputs.