Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 21:48   #631
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

mercedes 115 230 right hand drive.





speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 21:54   #632
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

here also spotted this triumph mayflower i believe.

speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 21:54   #633
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,571
Thanked: 7,761 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
mercedes 115 230 right hand drive.
A broken taillight does not qualify this car to be in this thread. It looks quite nice to me.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 22:00   #634
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A broken taillight does not qualify this car to be in this thread. It looks quite nice to me.
karl from the outside it looks this way from inside it is bad.

would request the MODS to shift it to the apprpreate thread. thank you
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 22:18   #635
Senior - BHPian
 
AMATMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore\GOA
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

speedy looking at the no. of pics youve posted in this thread,it looks like youve had a sad week
AMATMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 22:33   #636
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
speedy looking at the no. of pics youve posted in this thread,it looks like youve had a sad week
actually amatmo sad and happy week. seen both types of cars. i got to find the 115 coupe that i have posted and some cars that i have not posted. keeping them a secret for personal use
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 23:48   #637
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i am trying for both the mercedes, fiat 124 now a spider and the impala. lets see what happens as they will be auctioned. i just hope i am in delhi at that time. have informed my people here to follow up as well.
bhai i would need all the help as the car is just a shell as of now. i wonder how many 115's i would have to break to make this one
Dont worry about the parts. The only thing is that both, the front ad the rear windscreen glasses differ from a regular 114/115. So do all the pattis and the door and glass rubbers. rest everything can be used from a 114/115. Dont worry about parts. We'll get them.

As regard the 230, its a 114 as its a straight six. The ribbed rear lights and the absence of a front door quarter glass specify that she is a 1974-75-early 76 model, i.e. the last of the Compacts. It will probably have power steering and a/c with maybe an auto transmission (maybe).
The car does not look bad speedy. it is certainly restorable and looks to be in the same condition as my 220, which is under restoration at present. All the best. Just holler for any kinda assistance.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 00:26   #638
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Dont worry about the parts. The only thing is that both, the front ad the rear windscreen glasses differ from a regular 114/115. So do all the pattis and the door and glass rubbers. rest everything can be used from a 114/115. Dont worry about parts. We'll get them.

As regard the 230, its a 114 as its a straight six. The ribbed rear lights and the absence of a front door quarter glass specify that she is a 1974-75-early 76 model, i.e. the last of the Compacts. It will probably have power steering and a/c with maybe an auto transmission (maybe).
The car does not look bad speedy. it is certainly restorable and looks to be in the same condition as my 220, which is under restoration at present. All the best. Just holler for any kinda assistance.
the parts for the coupe will not be a problem bhai got the stuff for my car too, includeing the windscreen and one quater glass. the side glasses can be made as they are not curved. the rubbers and the patti's can come from dubai alot of 115's being scrapped. the doors on the car are fine. rest we shall take the black 115 you had posted. here is a picture of my 230c when it was being restored



the car has been lieing in the same place for more than 2 yrs now. it is a RHD, manual transmission floor shift, it also has an a/c. the car is restorable. the only thing that has rotted is some part of the flooring.
when the auctions take place i am picking it up at any cost, not going to let it go for sure. i have a weakness for coupes and convertibles and a new found love for the limosines.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 00:33   #639
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 834 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the parts for the coupe will not be a problem bhai got the stuff for my car too, includeing the windscreen and one quater glass. the side glasses can be made as they are not curved. the rubbers and the patti's can come from dubai alot of 115's being scrapped. the doors on the car are fine. rest we shall take the black 115 you had posted.
The car has been lieing in the same place for more than 2 yrs now. it is a RHD, manual transmission floor shift, it also has an a/c. the car is restorable. the only thing that has rotted is some part of the flooring.
when the auctions take place i am picking it up at any cost, not going to let it go for sure. i have a weakness for coupes and convertibles and a new found love for the limosines.
The rubbers and pattis are not he same as the 115 as these doors are bigger, being a coupe. The window too. The window glasses are also slightly curved. These you will not get in Dubai but only in the US or Germany and mind you they are expensive. The black car i had posted is gone and may have been broken. but dont worry, you will get every thing fo ra 114/5 including dashboard etc. Rest o fthe stuff one can get from abroad.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 01:04   #640
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The rubbers and pattis are not he same as the 115 as these doors are bigger, being a coupe. The window too. The window glasses are also slightly curved. These you will not get in Dubai but only in the US or Germany and mind you they are expensive. The black car i had posted is gone and may have been broken. but dont worry, you will get every thing fo ra 114/5 including dashboard etc. Rest o fthe stuff one can get from abroad.
bhai my 230c is also a coupe . got the quater glass made for it and bought the windscreen from bombay itself. the door patti's also i got from bombay. when i was in dubai i saw the 115 coupe being destroyed. sorry i forgot to mention the coupe part after 115 in dubai. oldtimer centre in germany is a big help too. this 115 coupe needs everything from head to toe. maybe it needs an engine too.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 09:41   #641
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,993 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
mercedes 115 230 right hand drive.






damn! there goes another one!!! Why isnt even a single one available here???
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 09:50   #642
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
damn! there goes another one!!! Why isnt even a single one available here???
lol Jay why don't you get one from here?
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 10:42   #643
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
damn! there goes another one!!! Why isnt even a single one available here???
Jayd i thought you were looking at some other car to purchase. i sent you a mail too. if you want me to find something for you from here let me know.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 12:36   #644
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,993 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Jayd i thought you were looking at some other car to purchase. i sent you a mail too. if you want me to find something for you from here let me know.
Yes! but my options are open! I didn't get your mail speedy. And if my search is going to continue with this rate of success.. i'll definitely need your help!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2007, 13:36   #645
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,197
Thanked: 923 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Yes! but my options are open! I didn't get your mail speedy. And if my search is going to continue with this rate of success.. i'll definitely need your help!!
its a game of patience take your time dont rush into things in haste. sometimes it takes months and even a year.
just give me a shout at any time and i shall find something for you, it would be my pleasure .
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuel-tank Rust Removal (by Electrolysis) & Rust Proofing H3LIOS Motorbikes 30 19th May 2014 14:26
Jeep Rusting and disintegrating: drmessiah 4x4 Vehicles 21 22nd June 2011 21:15
Rust Control for Classic cars?? wilkie366 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 13 31st December 2010 15:31
A tribute to a Vintage Man : similar to a vintage car or vintage wine StarVegabond Shifting gears 3 12th October 2009 14:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks