Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 25th December 2016, 23:15   #31
BHPian

Default Re: A visit to the Gedee Car Museum, Coimbatore

If you guys are in Bangalore, I know another secret place. For old cars, I mean.

Go to Jayamahal palace hotel, behind Cantonment station. This is a beautiful place now leased by an ex-racing bloke. This is not the secret.

Go behind this hotel. There is a real palace, if you know what I mean. I think it belongs to one of the sisters of Late Maharaja.

On the palace driveway you will see 10-15 old beauties (cars). I do not think they are driven much. They seemed to have a light coating of dust.

You do not have to trespass. You can stay within the J hotel's perimeter. You can see the cars from afar.

Do not blame me if the guards shoot you. Someone who is not me told you about this.
: )

Last edited by hangover : 25th December 2016 at 23:18.
hangover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 05:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A visit to the Gedee Car Museum, Coimbatore

You know I feel like a prize idiot having seen this thread. Especially since I ve gone all over the place across the world and made time to visit Automobile Museums.

All these years of association in and around Coimbatore and I never visited it! It just shows how one never realises sometimes, the value of what is sitting on one's own doorstep, literally.

Now you've inspired me to visit with your lovely photos and write ups and I will swiftly remedy the situation for sure.

Thank you!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote