Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 3rd June 2011, 13:24   #1261
BHPian

Default Re: Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India

I too was offered ORM 846 by a broker. When the price was requested for, he said, it is no more for sale!!!
adkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:48   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
At what price? If attractive I may consider(see, only two smileys, nowhere you will find a third)

Cheers harit
Haritji, Indrojit,

This broker is complete time waster and a real con. He sends these huge zip files and claims the cars are for sale, but when asked where they are and can one see them he always gets vague. Haritji, Indrojit is right, I was surprised to see your Custom Royal in his fantasy collection of cars for sale. There were a few others, some of other Team-Bhp members also, which were included. Note, he always carries a pistol on his left, wears white shoes and most of the time, pretends that he is talking on the mobile
mbz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:14   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At what price? If attractive I may consider(see, only two smileys, nowhere you will find a third)

Cheers harit
No price just the picture of the car. The car had thick dust and seemed as if not cleaned for weeks if not months and this gentleman was standing next to the car. IF you like i will send you the picture on your email. Please PM me your email address and i will send it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkol View Post
I too was offered ORM 846 by a broker. When the price was requested for, he said, it is no more for sale!!!
A common practice done by him and many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Haritji, Indrojit,

This broker is complete time waster and a real con. He sends these huge zip files and claims the cars are for sale, but when asked where they are and can one see them he always gets vague. Haritji, Indrojit is right, I was surprised to see your Custom Royal in his fantasy collection of cars for sale. There were a few others, some of other Team-Bhp members also, which were included. Note, he always carries a pistol on his left, wears white shoes and most of the time, pretends that he is talking on the mobile
Absolutely, no doubts that he is a time waster. He even send me a picture of one of my cars saying its for sale. When i told him that the car belongs to me and is not for sale, then he back tracked and said it was sent to me by some other dealer. Even the Fast back restored by Mr. KAdam was among them which i had pointed out in the thread.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 09:36   #1264
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this at Woodlands hotel.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Vintage & Classic cars in India-m.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 10:07   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Thats a lovely Morris Minor with a ghastly top. The lines of teh soft top have been destroyed
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 11:15   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haritji, Indrojit,

Well talking of brokers and cars available, your mechanic was discussing trading of cars like plymouth, study 8 cylinder, morris minor, landmaster and stuff like that, with some one in the shop where I found the fuel pump, they had the pictures, all were looking pristine except the study.

Later when I asked he denied and on further confrontation he told of study with a multiplied by 2 price .
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 11:57   #1267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Your Dodge Custom bearing reg number - ORM 846 has been offered to me for sale. Is it for sale or another broke up to mischief ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkol View Post
Quote:
Haritji, Indrojit,

Well, this may the picture and the gent? Well, be careful, a fraud is at work.

There is a new scam making an appearance. A BMW Mini was offered in an ad at a ridiculously low price. My friend contacted the guy, he said that there are a lot of timewasters, if my friend was serious he should deposit some money. If deal does not go through, it would be refundable. He gave an account in Vashi. The guy had a deep African tone. Anyway, my friend was ready and willing, when he enquired where the car was. "In the customs, and it is LHD". My friend asked him how would that car be cleared and registered, he retorted that that was not his problem, now he should deposit the money if interested. Nothing further happened, and I am sure that the money would not have been refunded. Why? Because the price for the Mini was around 10 Lacs.

Cheers harit
Attached Images

harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 12:26   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow looks like he's attempting to imitate a mafia don- rings on all fingers etc.!! I just cant stop

Its a real pity that such crooks are at work trying to 'sell' cars they come across parked in garages etc. Such people should be reported to the cops and this will atleast teach a lesson to others who follow their footsteps!
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 12:32   #1269
Team-BHP Support

On similar lines as Harit, do refer to these threads:

Link 1 - (Potential SCAM on importing Mustangs to India?)

Link 2 - (SCAM: Brand New Toyota Car for 2.8 Lakhs)

I guess it would be good help to collectors if the name of this broker is revealed.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th June 2011 at 12:34.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 12:59   #1270
Senior - BHPian

What is the asking price for the Dodge .....is it a V8 ???? Hemi ????
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 20:43   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
Spotted this at Woodlands hotel.
There was a similar low light, soft top 1949 Minor at Nagpur, with the registration number BYJ 3639. It was a single owner, owner driven car. The owner passed away about a decade back.His children were no longer interested in keeping the old jalopy. Its been sold and is now in Mumbai.
Any clues from our Mumbai members? The car is a regular at the local rallies.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 00:35   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers harit
Just wondering how he managed to get a picture of your car and how long back would be this picture taken?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 01:48   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, was this picture taken at Peter's place ??
egangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 09:48   #1274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
There was a similar low light, soft top 1949 Minor at Nagpur, with the registration number BYJ 3639. It was a single owner, owner driven car. The owner passed away about a decade back.His children were no longer interested in keeping the old jalopy. Its been sold and is now in Mumbai.
Any clues from our Mumbai members? The car is a regular at the local rallies.
That lovely car was with a friend and TBHP member for some years, till he sold it on to another member, till he sold it on to a Pune collection some months back. A beautifully presented car, I believe the original leather seats are intact under the present covers. It was immortalized in a Raymond's commercial where the sentimental teacher in a school was retiring and driving out of the campus.
karlosdeville is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 18:45   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That lovely car was with a friend and TBHP member for some years, till he sold it on to another member, till he sold it on to a Pune collection some months back. A beautifully presented car, I believe the original leather seats are intact under the present covers. It was immortalized in a Raymond's commercial where the sentimental teacher in a school was retiring and driving out of the campus.
Very true Karl! It was a daily driver's car till the late 1980's and even a better part of the early 1990's.
The aged man who owned it was very meticulous by nature and being an old timer had preserved the car till he passed away.
I had forgotten about the Raymond advertisement but thanks for reminding me about it again!
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote