Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Closed Thread

Old 25th February 2007, 19:49   #1

Default vintage car rallies, races...

Hi all,

I'm new here. I run a website devoted to historic motorsports and classic cars. Our idea is to promote historic motorsports all around the world. And to provide our readers great news about rallies, races...

At this moment we don't list many indian events. So I'm posting a new thread here to ask you to help us list and add indian events in our website (classic rallies, historic races... any classic cars motorsport will be listed).

We also list classic cars clubs. So if you know classic car clubs in the India that we should list, please let me know.

Any information will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Oliver
Classic Rallies and Historic Races
Old 25th February 2007, 21:54   #2
BHPian

You can start with the Vintage & Classic Car Club of India. All events listed on their website.
Old 26th February 2007, 16:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

I know of a mercedes club in Mumbai (Bombay) called the Three pointers club. Will get info on them if ure interested and pm you.
Old 26th February 2007, 17:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I know of a mercedes club in Mumbai (Bombay) called the Three pointers club. Will get info on them if ure interested and pm you.
I Was an early member! and then withdrew since I found the club too drab and conservative! You now have old people with old cars as members!
Old 26th February 2007, 20:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

i hear they now have a entrance fee of around Rs 20,000 is that true?
Old 26th February 2007, 21:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post

I Was an early member! and then withdrew since I found the club too drab and conservative! You now have old people with old cars as members!
Me too but when I tried to get help restoring one of my heckflosses, ie sourcing parts, the guys (no names please) were so damn secretive about it as if they had some treasure which only they can have access too....crazy. It pissed me off so much I never went back to the club. Since then ive got a few friends as members who have been asking me to join in at least as a guest on the drive meets. Will see take the call when they meet next....Too much politics going on there I say!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
i hear they now have a entrance fee of around Rs 20,000 is that true?
Yeah why do u think im not a member. Kanjoos me.
Old 24th March 2007, 16:07   #7
BHPian

The Karnataka Vintage & Classic Car Club ( KVCCC) is the most active Vintage & Classic Club in India. We have about 240 very active members. We regularly conduct about 4/5 events a year which is well documented in the media with members turning out in big numbers. The quality of cars, restoration standards and owners knowledge of vehicles is at par with International Standards. Will post pictures of the cars in Bangalore shortly. We also had a drag race for Vintage & Classic cars/bikes last year. At every event you can find about 90 of the best cars in the country.
Old 30th March 2007, 02:01   #8

Default Kvccc

What is the KVCCC website?
Old 28th January 2008, 00:55   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
The Karnataka Vintage & Classic Car Club ( KVCCC) is the most active Vintage & Classic Club in India. We have about 240 very active members. We regularly conduct about 4/5 events a year which is well documented in the media with members turning out in big numbers. The quality of cars, restoration standards and owners knowledge of vehicles is at par with International Standards. Will post pictures of the cars in Bangalore shortly. We also had a drag race for Vintage & Classic cars/bikes last year. At every event you can find about 90 of the best cars in the country.
hi there
i would like to becoem a memeber of the club please tell me hoe to get in touch with them
my no is 9880933266
javed
Old 28th January 2008, 10:24   #10
BHPian

i do not think they have a website as yet ? Or probably they have one which is not active.

you can contact the club treasurer at 9845026699

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th January 2008 at 21:19.
Old 28th January 2008, 13:26   #11
BANNED

we have the FIAT CLASSIC CAR CLUB OF INDIA (FCCCI) in mumbai and pune
karl can we have the website..
we have around 200ish members from which half of them are very active.
Old 28th January 2008, 14:58   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Deccan Heritage Automobile Association (DECHAA) at Hyderabad.

We conduct shows on 26th Jan., 15th Aug. & (except for last year) World Tourism Day every year. Although the ratio of bikes to cars is more here.
Closed Thread