Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 6th August 2008, 14:09   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
hi Stanher, if the garage owner wants he can get an entire car here in delhi to use as a donor car or to modify one of them. i had posted pictures of it on the site.
Ohh.........sorry speedy!! I did read your post before leaving for work but totally forgot about it!! I was even there for a while after leaving from work to check on my car in the other garage but forgot to meet that guy!

Anyways, 'can call him up and let him know. Does the donor car have a working engine?
Stanher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 14:28   #707
BANNED

Found this Impala getting restored in " J C Road-Bangalore"
Attached Images

PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 22:08   #708
BHPian

The Mini Cooper you saw (black in colour) actually belongs to Jackie Shroff.
67Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 13:48   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Ohh.........sorry speedy!! I did read your post before leaving for work but totally forgot about it!! I was even there for a while after leaving from work to check on my car in the other garage but forgot to meet that guy!

Anyways, 'can call him up and let him know. Does the donor car have a working engine?
Hey Stanher, no problem i had posted pictures of the 1500 in the fiat thread long back. the body is in reasonable shape and the car has everything on and in it. the engine i am not sure would be in working condition but yes with a little tinkering it would run. the car according to me has not been moved for a couple of years. if you want i could talk to the owner to know if he wants to sell. let me know. thanks
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 16:35   #710

By ponton you mean a Benz?
I'm in the process of restoring my MB115 '69 model . I think it'll take a year at least. Does anyone know where I could source perforated material for the roof lining.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th August 2008 at 21:10.
Mathew57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 19:45   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew57 View Post
By ponton you mean a Benz?
I suppose this question is directed at me, as I was the last guy to post Ponton pics on this thread.
From Wikipedia: The nickname comes from the German word for "pontoon" and refers to one definition of pontoon fenders.
Link: Mercedes-Benz Ponton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also, do try and quote the original post next time round, so we know who your query is directed at.
Sidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2008, 16:15   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew57 View Post
I'm in the process of restoring my MB115 '69 model . I think it'll take a year at least. Does anyone know where I could source perforated material for the roof lining.
There are some rexines made in India that, though poor substitutes of the original perforated roof lining on European cars, help you get by without too much anguish due to the deviation. I think 'Bhor' is a brand amongst these (made in India ones) available locally. The texture isn't such a problem (notwithstanding that the original materials were a little less pliant), but the colour is a shade of light grey (bordering on white) while the original ones were mostly off-white (cream). Longitudinal strips have to be cut (particularly for the wider-bodied cars' roofs) and stitched together to form the width of the lining. While doing that the trick is to ensure that the perforations are slightly skewed as in the original pattern.

Last edited by Prabal : 13th August 2008 at 16:17.
Prabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 16:38   #713

Talking Remove Scratches from Glass and dings from metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Its simple, if you have badly scratched striaght glasses, get new ones which are available toughened if they are curved and bad, replace them altough you could get them made here as curved glasses do get made here now but you have to make an exact template (farma) which is again a pain. Most scratches made by the wipers etc do get buffed off. I dont know what they use but for around 1200 bucks they rub your windscreen with a mysterious powder-paste combo that makes your glasses new. I've got that done, whatever it is. They dont give out the secret tough.
Hi,

I've just stumbled upon this thread. For those of you who are looking for ways to get them scratches out, try Jewelers paste or rouge. A description can be had here. There is no secret! Also I've found a handy cure for dings, esp. those annoying ones people give you when at the parking lot from opening doors carelessly. Use dry ice. Take care not to touch it as it can cause instant injury and frostbite. Dry ice can be purchased or found in carton shipments of Ice cream.The rapid cooling causes the metal to pop out. You can see some videos on the subject by searching Metacafe - Best Videos & Funny Movies When I have some time I'll post a mini tutorial on removing dings from wood without resorting to filing it up with putty.

Cheers to all the awesome folk here.
desdichado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008, 12:59   #714
Team-BHP Support

Here is Harit's rare american Bantam. One of two known to exist in India if Im right.

More pictures I forgot to upload previously.
Attached Thumbnails
Classics being restored in India-bantam1.jpg  

Classics being restored in India-11.jpg  

Classics being restored in India-22.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd August 2008 at 20:13. Reason: Posts merged on request.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2008, 22:08   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here is Harit's rare american Bantam. One of two known to exist in India if Im right.

More pictures I forgot to upload previously.
is that a Oldsmobile in the background of the second pic?
RandomUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 21:06   #716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
is that a Oldsmobile in the background of the second pic?
It does look like one.

This 46/7(?) Mercury was opened up for paint at a garage on East Street some years back. The car has been a bare shell in primer for years now. The garage owner told me it belongs to Nitin Dossa.
Attached Thumbnails
Classics being restored in India-12.jpg  

Old 27th August 2008, 17:24   #717
Team-BHP Support

Fellow team-BHPian collector has asked me to upload these pictures of cars he is working on.
Attached Images

Old 31st August 2008, 15:21   #718
BHPian

Not actually rusting, but a MG TC in Tito Sharma's garage, 1995 - New Delhi. The car was ultimately sold to Bangalore and is beautifully painted Black.
Attached Thumbnails
Classics being restored in India-scan0028.jpg  

Classics being restored in India-scan0030.jpg  

dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 16:20   #719
Senior - BHPian

Friends, This is How my '60 Biscayne is coming up! Some small corrections are yet to be done. Hubcaps will be added, so also the white broad stripe from the arrow on doors to the end of rear fenders.Mods, Please alter image size in case, since this is my first image posting.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 18:15   #720
BHPian

Scooby Sir : The pics are not showing!! is it me or everybody!! but i cannot see them. can you please upload them once again.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote