Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Old 1st December 2008, 17:27   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
I need suggestions for the best place to get this restoration done in Bangalore.
Guys, any suggestions? Please do help with some info about restorers in B'lore!
Sidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 18:11   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A Chevrolet 1929 chassis with many parts brought at my friend's garage and is being restored very, very slowly-parts are tough to come by. Will keep you all posted here about its taking shape.
Attachment 72586

Attachment 72587
This look's like a lot of job to be done.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:45   #768

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Ritayan, nice car your friend has there. There was similar one for sale recently in Delhi, is this the same one and now bought by your friend. I had seen the car but forgot the number.
Hi Guys, My car was originally acquired by my dad and a friend of his in Assam, while they were in the Tea Estates. The car was with his friend and i took it over in 2003. It had been standing for more than 25 years and although had most parts, the neglect had set in. It has taken me 3 years to have it back to its original form. The car runs like a beauty and has infact become my preferred Sunday Drive. A set of Spoke Allow Rims have been ordered and thats my Christmas Present to Her!! Im now a regular to all the Classic Car initiatives and its great to meet enthusiasts who share passions. Im trying to rectify a crack in the windshield, so any suggestions on a good windshield maker will help.

The other consul, which some of you wrote about, was last seen parked with a dealer in Vasant Kunj. The car needed extensive body and engine work, however anyone who has a similiar car can get in touch with me. I have all original manuals with me, which will help in restoration of a ford consul.

Im also looking for a Morris Minor or a VW Beetle for sale. Any suggestions?
Chetan Vohra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 23:16   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan Vohra View Post
Hi Guys, My car was originally acquired by my dad and a friend of his in Assam, while they were in the Tea Estates. The car was with his friend and i took it over in 2003. It had been standing for more than 25 years and although had most parts, the neglect had set in. It has taken me 3 years to have it back to its original form. The car runs like a beauty and has infact become my preferred Sunday Drive. A set of Spoke Allow Rims have been ordered and thats my Christmas Present to Her!! Im now a regular to all the Classic Car initiatives and its great to meet enthusiasts who share passions. Im trying to rectify a crack in the windshield, so any suggestions on a good windshield maker will help.

The other consul, which some of you wrote about, was last seen parked with a dealer in Vasant Kunj. The car needed extensive body and engine work, however anyone who has a similiar car can get in touch with me. I have all original manuals with me, which will help in restoration of a ford consul.

Im also looking for a Morris Minor or a VW Beetle for sale. Any suggestions?
Hi,Chetan. There is a Morris Minor -Tiger which I saw recently. The car has been restored and in good running condition. You may contact the owner Mr.Jasmeet Singh. His contact number is +91 9810250005. DT is selling the VW Beetle, which he got from Cdr.Manish Tiwari, in case you are interested you may contact him. I shall shortly give you the contact details of the Wind Screen manufacturer, from whom you can get a new Wind Shield made for your Consul.

Last edited by S.B.Jatti : 24th December 2008 at 23:24.
S.B.Jatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 15:38   #770
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Now for the main pictures that everyone has been waiting for!

First up, the "BluffMaster" Mustang!
-----
This car simply stole my heart! Simple, Beautiful & Wonderfully Elegant!! I would really, really like to own one of these at some point of time in life!

That MB Coupe is not SL, its probably an older generation E Class Coupe.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st December 2008 at 16:13. Reason: Avoid quoting the complete post for a short reply
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 16:50   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
An observation which has really come quite delayed.

This is a coupe, W114, 6 cylinder, 250CE. The E stands for the fuel injection, ( E= Einspritz) and has nothing to do with E class. E class appeared from W 124 onwards. I am sure about this as this is my car.
harit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:02   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
fx45, firstly please quote the particular post you are mentioning. Dont just bring up a post that is a year and a half old and randomly reply to it, that too without going through the thread. It gets very difficult to realise what post you are talking about If you had bothered to look read the very next post, it would have been clear that what you pointed out a year and a half later, was in fact clarified in the next post itself. Kindly read the full content please.

Secondly its not even an E class, as corrected by Harit.

Please read the particular post quoted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
.....And the Mercs not an SL, its a 114 coupe - six cyl engine 250 hence 114 not 115
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 02:46   #773
BHPian

Question pandit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That was this pink deSoto I suppose.
This picture is a real eye-opener.the rides are awesome and i can tell they belong to someone passionate by all the vintage metal-board ads from yesteryear. where is this garage ,who owns it and are the ladies for sale??
id really like to know as i am looking to buy a restored/semi restored vintage/classic as restoring my last car turned out to be rather time consuming effort and the mechanics at khan market are pretty sick of me by now.
0333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 12:53   #774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0333 View Post
This picture is a real eye-opener.the rides are awesome and i can tell they belong to someone passionate by all the vintage metal-board ads from yesteryear. where is this garage ,who owns it and are the ladies for sale??
id really like to know as i am looking to buy a restored/semi restored vintage/classic as restoring my last car turned out to be rather time consuming effort and the mechanics at khan market are pretty sick of me by now.
Hi, again a needless return to an ancient post. Never mind. No its not Pandit. This place in fact does not exist any more, all the stuff including cars and memorabilia shifted stored, and will be relocated in larger premisis. Private collection, ask around Delhi, Hint: Hotel, and nothing for sale at the moment.
Good luck in finding new cars, and you may tell us which car you last restored.
Old 24th January 2009, 14:47   #775
BHPian

the car i just finished restoring is a 1952 austin a40 somerset.
0333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 15:29   #776
BHPian

Default 30 Chevrolet being restored in Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A Chevrolet 1929 chassis with many parts brought at my friend's garage and is being restored very, very slowly-parts are tough to come by. Will keep you all posted here about its taking shape.
Attachment 72586

Attachment 72587
Shashi Kanoria is just about finished restoring a big Chey here i Kolkata, It looks awesome!
Here is a photo. Will send more later.

I don't recall seeing any Chevys this big back in Canada, will have to do some research.
Attached Thumbnails
Classics being restored in India-img_3982.jpg  

john a milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:56   #777
Team-BHP Support

An assortment of classics are spotted at this workshop

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-1989-a-4.html
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 14:11   #778
Team-BHP Support

This incomplete 40's Cadillac used to lye in a workshop in Pune for years. Engine had some major components missing, or was dieselised (I heard 2 versions from people, never opened the bonnet). I think it was GAO regd.

Otherwise most things seemed to be in place, and restorable. One day the car dissappeared, I was told it went to Kolhapur. Then I was told it came to Pune, got a working engine too. Last I heard it went to Delhi. Hope someone can verify.

Name:  caddy02.jpg
Views: 1565
Size:  71.0 KB
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 14:54   #779
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it now belongs to Harit you never know
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 18:47   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Maybe it now belongs to Harit you never know
Sorry, but nyet (russian).
This car had a diesel engine, belonged to Mumbaikar who never went back and so it was passed on.
An original engine 1947 Caddy engine from a convertible(!!) has been fitted. But that convertible was toatally, totally rusted.