Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Vintage Cars & Classics in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 15:34   #811
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

He Manish.

Looking at that picture it just occured to me that the front end is very similar to that of an old Porsche.

Maybe if the appertures for the headlights are chopped a bit at the top you can have a car wuth a Porsche look !
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 16:27   #812
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
He Manish.

Looking at that picture it just occured to me that the front end is very similar to that of an old Porsche.

Maybe if the appertures for the headlights are chopped a bit at the top you can have a car wuth a Porsche look !
Or may be not, it might me that the headlight ring is not there and gives an impression, uploading more pictures of the said car and one compro from the Internet depecting both the front ends

Classics being restored in India-dsc05193.jpg

Classics being restored in India-dsc05194.jpg

Classics being restored in India-vw.jpg

Last edited by manishalive : 16th December 2009 at 16:33.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 16:32   #813
Senior - BHPian
 
wasif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi (for now)
Posts: 2,936
Thanked: 366 Times
Default

I know what this kind of car should look like.

But it looks so much more agressive without the front bumper and if you trip the top of the light appertures and get them to slant back a little it will start looking like a sports car.
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 16:35   #814
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
I know what this kind of car should look like.

But it looks so much more agressive without the front bumper and if you trip the top of the light appertures and get them to slant back a little it will start looking like a sports car.
I got your Drift, since Porchse and VW share the same DNA . ANd have got more to share from that small town collector. will post in appropriate thread.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 09:21   #815
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,459 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Our Very own Imperial s.a.(Sharif bhai) also very recently became owner of a similar car.

Here's another car not a fastback though, undergoing restoration as per the owner

Attachment 246346

Wow, Thats a VW Notchback as they call it.

Nice looking car.
Attached Images
  
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 11:35   #816
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Wow, Thats a VW Notchback as they call it.

Nice looking car.
Yes pawan, that's a notchback but the front parking lights / indicators on yours are round compared to the rectagular ones in pics I have posted.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 11:41   #817
BHPian
 
CyCarConsulting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marina Del Rey, Cal.
Posts: 153
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
A Pontiac in the works, vintage unknown, will confirm & update later
The yellow car is a 63 Pontiac Tempest

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th December 2009 at 20:08. Reason: Removing additional images from the quote as it got unnecessarily long.
CyCarConsulting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 17:17   #818
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Bahrain
Posts: 438
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Classics being restored in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Or may be not, it might me that the headlight ring is not there and gives an impression, uploading more pictures of the said car and one compro from the Internet depecting both the front ends

Attachment 246446

Attachment 246447

Attachment 246460
Any idea what happened to this restoration of a fastback? The thread is a year old!
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 21:57   #819
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default Re: Classics being restored in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Any idea what happened to this restoration of a fastback? The thread is a year old!
Are you talking about the car being restored by Pavan Kadam? If yes this is the thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2167244

The car is in the final stages of restoration.
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 22:47   #820
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Bahrain
Posts: 438
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Classics being restored in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Are you talking about the car being restored by Pavan Kadam? If yes this is the thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2167244

The car is in the final stages of restoration.
sorry.. my mistake i should have said notchback. I am aware of pavan's resto. please check 4 or 5 posts above for the notch back i am talking about.
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 08:25   #821
Senior - BHPian
 
manishalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,424
Thanked: 703 Times
Default Re: Classics being restored in India

The one photographed by me was from a small town and not in Bangalore and therefore no updates.
manishalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 12:47   #822
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Bahrain
Posts: 438
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Classics being restored in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The one photographed by me was from a small town and not in Bangalore and therefore no updates.
Sad! Hope its not gone to the ground.

Manish, do remember this car if you ever pass by that small town again and check up on the restoration.
It would be nice to see the Notchback being restored like Pavan's Fastback.
kevinephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 17:13   #823
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 17
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Classics being restored in India

Around last week of Sept 2010 saw this car in Bangalore being transported most certainly for a restoration. Could make out its a Chevrolet and take these two snaps before the flatbed was driven away.

Any other details on its model and if its getting restored would make a nice restoration story thread. Anyone with details on this car, please share.
Attached Images
  
fantaboyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 18:55   #824
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 4,556 Times
Default Re: Classics being restored in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaboyus View Post
Around last week of Sept 2010 saw this car in Bangalore being transported most certainly for a restoration. Could make out its a Chevrolet and take these two snaps before the flatbed was driven away.

Any other details on its model and if its getting restored would make a nice restoration story thread. Anyone with details on this car, please share.
This is a 1950 Chevy. UP vehicle and seems to have just come to Bangalore. The only person I can guess owns this car is Doc.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 10:09   #825
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,626
Thanked: 8,079 Times
Default Re: Classics being restored in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaboyus View Post
Around last week of Sept 2010 saw this car in Bangalore being transported most certainly for a restoration. Could make out its a Chevrolet and take these two snaps before the flatbed was driven away.

Any other details on its model and if its getting restored would make a nice restoration story thread. Anyone with details on this car, please share.
Thats a nice find. It is a handsome car, a genuine convertible and not a choptop, which makes it pretty rare in India. Looking at its state I would guess it may have been a baraat car at some point.

I know of only one more, a cream coloured MP regd car that used to be in Pune.
karlosdeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LML Being restored desideep Motorbikes 46 9th November 2017 14:47
The 50 Best Post War Classics Located in India RollingArt Vintage Cars & Classics in India 12 19th July 2011 13:03
1996 Yezdi Roadking being restored sudhirbhan Motorbikes 16 8th March 2010 17:24
American Classics and Musclecars Aditya The International Automotive Scene 3 4th May 2004 15:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:00.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks